4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Best of luck bek and cupcake with your decisions and which ever way things go...I hope you both have a happy and healthy bubs at the end of it. I am so sorry that you girls have to go through all this, I can only imagine how difficult it must be. Its hard enough having unexplained infertility :hugs:

I really appreciate the support as I do feel really upset over it all. I will probably take the whole month off as annual leave because I am so stressed about it. I want to be as relaxed as possible so I have the highest chance of success. I will still get Drs certificates and go through the union and try and get some of the time off reimburse as sick leave. I don't want to get too stressed during the cycle...otherwise its all pointless!!!

Exactly hun, do whats best for you, to give you the best chance of success and worry about the other stuff later.
Way to go, good luck and please keep posting how your journey is going. I am also about to start my journey next weekend, so we can go through it together for the first time.
Good luck hun :hugs:

Thanks Bek....do you have a journal I can stalk :)? Good luck on your journey....its very exciting. FX it will be our one and only!

Thanks Bek....do you have a journal I can stalk :)? Good luck on your journey....its very exciting. FX it will be our one and only!

I don't have a journal, never done one up. I will give you a run down on me.
I am 35yrs old, married and have 3 sons. My eldest is 13 in Dec, then my middle boy just turned 11 in June and my baby turned 9 in july.
After I had my 3rd son I had my tubes tied, don't know why, I was only 26 and my friend had done hers, and since the pill makes me sick and I had 3 boys under 4yrs of age, she convinced me it was the right thing to do (yeah right), being hormonal after having a baby didn't help (had tubes done one month after 3rd child).
Anyway after i did it, I cried for days, I was really upset and regreted it straight away, but with 3 young boys to care for, i pushed it aside and got into being a mum of 3.
For years I felt cheated, I felt empty, not complete. I didn't know my tubes could be reversed, I thought they were cut and tied, but they werent, they were clamped. The moment I found out, I rung hubby and we saw my gyno and booked into have them reversed. I thought easy, now I will fall pregnant straight away, but it never happened month after month.
I had a HSG test done and it showed my tubes were still blocked, my gyno wasn't convinced so he met me at the hospital the following month and tried himself to get the dye through, but it didn't spill out:cry:.
So hubby and I stopped for a while, I was gutted, I blamed myself for so long, cause I did this to me, to us, i did it, my stupidity. I got really depressed.
Well Feb this year I went back to my gyno and he did a lap and found my right tube is stuffed but my left was open, yet still no luck. had hubby tested, had all the scans and blood work for me and all came back fine, but still nothing.
So we went to a FS on Tuesday last week and he said, although my tube was open to the dye, it doesn't mean and egg can pass through and that I may have too much scare tissue from the operation and clamps.
So with me almost 36yrs of age and the government may be pulling the safety net from IVF, hubby and i thought NOW was the time to act.
FS said the fact I have had children and the fact I don't have fertility issues as in such, that it is just my plumbing thats broke that for my age my chances are higher.
I did miscarry in between my 2nd and 3rd child and that was hard, but other than that I haven't had much less.

So thats about my story.... YOURS is???:hugs:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Wrighty and Mrs G - hope you find your PMA - I think they have gone on holidays with mine! Hopefully they would be back soon.

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude :)

Bek, feel free to click on my link to my journal and drop in and say hi. Pretty much been trying for ages (lost count really as we didn't use any form of conception for ages before actively ttc). Had investigations, lap, etc...clomid and now IVF, we fall under the unexplained category. Praying big time for a BFP...as it just gets harder and harder as time goes by. I am due to start stims in a couple of days.

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude. You need loads of it here Bek - and it comes and goes.
:)

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude. You need loads of it here Bek - and it comes and goes.
:)

I know it does, have lost mine many times over the last couple of years.
You won't be losing yours anytime soon, cause I will hunt it down and find it real quick.
You hold onto your PMA cause right now your PUPO :happydance:

:hugs::hugs:

Lioness I think that is major Bull shit! I would fight it, it is not cosmetic surgery and they can't discriminate against you for wanting kids even if that means the way in which you need to use to get pregnant. I am in canada so maybe it is different but its got to be a violation of your rights or something.

I think the clomid side effects have finally started to go away which is good I have some serious studying to do. Waiting to O'v waiting to call the hotline and waiting to be offered treatment. I want to start Down regging asap. I hate waiting. It's all I do now... wait wait wait.

Mrs G and wrighty I hope you can find your PMA again, why is it missing? You should be so hopeful and excited about this 2ww

How exciting Kelly that you will be down reggin' soon! Good to hear Clomid side effects have gone and hope you find the inspiration to get into your study soon!

Well I won't be starting soon soon cupcake. Hoping for cycle beginning end of oct but likely it will be end of nov or dec. I am just trying to have some PMA in the wait list area in hopes that it will do me some good. I have been studying, reached saturation point I think, wondering if I can do one more reading of 13 pages.... then that would leave 40 pages for tomorrow. Sigh I hate my life sometimes :rofl:

Mrs G and wrighty I hope you can find your PMA again, why is it missing? You should be so hopeful and excited about this 2ww

I know but it is a lot easier said than done.

Aww mrs g! I hope it comes back, when is your beta? or when can you poas?

Evening ladies :hi:

Hope everyone is doing ok this weekend and looking forward to their week ahead x x x good luck to PUPO's, and those about to start treatment, hope it's a good one for you :thumbup:

i'm on day 4 of stimms, defo feeling better than i did during the down reg phase, it's nice to have a few more hormones on board! I do believe i've even smiled this weekend! lol,

Did have to go to hospital yesterday though, felt really pants yesterday afternoon and was worried about the OHSS - but i'd only had 2 stim jabs. The hospital (not my IVF clinic) called me in for a check up and said that my ovaries are defo working their little socks off, but the pains were coming from a bladder infection :wacko: bloody typical. They wrote me a prescription for antibiotics but i'm really concerned about taking them, especially during this stage. They said they'd be safe enough, but i think i'd rather speak to my doc at the clinic tomorrow morn.

Got my next scans booked in for tuesday and thursday so hopefully we'll be closer to knowing about egg retrieval.

TTFN x x x x

Hi Mrs F

Glad to hear stims are going well but sorry about the bladder infection! They are so annoying. BUt best to get it cleared up now before it gets worse and spreads to your kidneys (I had that once and the most excruciating pain!).

:hugs:

I hate bladder infections! I haven't had one since I was like 6 but I used to get them all the time! So much that a remember being on the banana flavoured medicine all the time. Then I had some sort of procedure done and ever since then I haven't had one. It's kind of nice.

My ovaries feel tender still, get the off pain from them, did an opk today though and neg, by the looks of it I can expect a positive in another 3 to 4 days so maybe O on cd15 or 16. Which is sooner then usual for me!

Well back to studying... almost done for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->