4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

MrsF...how good are you, what an excellent report, AA+++!!! I pray that mine will turn out just as good....well close anyway :) - hehehe. Sorry to hear you are in some discomfort after th EC....I guess I'm a little nervous about all that as I am not sure what to expect. I am very excited for you as it all sounds so very positive...FX for you :)

Great fertilisation rate Mrs F - and you might be surprised at some of the lower cell embies might make it blast - I know one of my 4 cell ones (on Day 3) wasn't expected to go to blastocyst- but it did and that's the one we've frozen.

FX for you.

Hi ladies!

lioness - i think the extra shot helps more with plumping up existing follies - could be wrong though. Look forward to your next scan update x x x

wrighty - hopefully ET on tues hun

thank you for all the positive responses to my EC, just an update on my embryos - all 11 have made it to day 2 :happydance: really chuffed, and i've got:

1 x grade 1
7 x grade 2
3 x grade 3

pleased with that too! i have 3x6cells, 3x5cells, 3x4cells, 1x3 and 1x2. The grade 1 is a 5 cell, so maybe that's the one.....

the embryologist didnt think the grade 3ers would make blastocyst, but is still optimistic as we have 8 to go at. She said that (all being well) one blastocyst will be transferred on tuesday, and if there are any cells that havent become blastcysts by tues, they'll incubate til weds to give me a better selection for the deep freeze.

still aching a lot fromthe EC, very tender indeed. Started progesterone pessaries today - yuck......would much rather inject.....and the bloat! my god! i look about 5 months gone already! my boobs are huge and v sore - is that the trigger shot after effects does anyone know?

am sending all vibes to helps eggs grow for the ladies on stimms, sticky dust to those the other side, and treatments to start soon for the ladies about to embark on ivf icsi.

also thinking of you ladies who have had a tough time lately, big hugs huns x x x

TTFN

Funny you say that about the pessaries mrs F cos i felt the same eeeoooowwwww, prefered injections and even asked if i could inject instead but that would mean hubby injecting me for 12 weeks with prog and thats unrealistic really. They also gave me more syptoms than the injections too. Trigger shot will make you feel preggers so try to keep that in mind over the next 10 days or so until it comes out of your body. Remember that the trigger is HCG which is the hormone that the placenta releases when we are preggers so the symptoms are pretty much how you will feel whemn preggers i presme and its quite a big shot. They say for 10000 mui it takes 10 days to come out thats why we should not test to early as it will give a false positive :)

Fingers crossed for you thats a great fertilisation rate. :) XXX

morning ladies x x x

am up and waiting for the phonecall for the day 3 report - i hope i'm not getting to ahead of myself for feeling quite optimistic - this is the first time since our early miscarriage (18 mnths ago) that i actually feel positive that something might finally work.

Kelly - only one blasto transfer as it's nhs funding and thats all our pct allows us (and one funded cycle so this had better work!)

Choccie - hello! how are you? yup, i had the 10000 trigger, so if it's 10 days to work it's way out of system, i've still got til thursday.

Cupcake - good to hear that the slower dividers dont necessarily mean bad news

thanks lioness, i feel like i should have a sticker and a lollipop from the docs!!! i was doin ok with the after pains of the ec - but coupled with the cramps from the pessaries, i just feel abit yucksville. mind you, i'm guessing my own hormones are kicking back in as i've stopped the busereline, so i'm guessing that never helps. i really thought that i'd done the hard part after EC! oh well, at least i get to stay in bed, get pampered by my DH, take over the laptop and eat what i want - every cloud ladies, every cloud ;)

will report back after my phonecall, fingers x'd ladies its another good un x x x x

TTFN

embryologist has just rung, and here's todays report:

1 x 4 cell – grade 2
1 x 6 cell - grade 3
1 x 7 cell - grade 2
2 x 7 cell - grade 3
1 x 8 cell - grade 1-2
2 x 8 cell - grade 2
1 x 8 cell - grade 3
1 x 9 cell - grade 2
1 x 9 cell - grade 2-3

all 11 made it through to day 3! :happydance: some good graders and sizes so really chuffed again :happydance: no report tomorrow, but they're gonna let me know before ET on tuesday where they're all at.

:happydance:

embryologist has just rung, and here's todays report:

1 x 4 cell – grade 2
1 x 6 cell - grade 3
1 x 7 cell - grade 2
2 x 7 cell - grade 3
1 x 8 cell - grade 1-2
2 x 8 cell - grade 2
1 x 8 cell - grade 3
1 x 9 cell - grade 2
1 x 9 cell - grade 2-3

all 11 made it through to day 3! :happydance: some good graders and sizes so really chuffed again :happydance: no report tomorrow, but they're gonna let me know before ET on tuesday where they're all at.

:happydance:

:happydance::happydance: thats great news hun hopefully your will have a few frosties left over for another try but got everything crossed that it works for you 1st time and good luck with ET on tuesday :hug::hugs: xxxxxx

Fab news MrsF :happydance:

I'm still on the pessaries and will be til 16wks. I find that rectally is so much better than vaginally. I was losing loads (iykwim) and never really felt comfortable or clean!!!

Good luck!

xx

Mrs F - great news on the report X
hope the rest of you are doing well.

so that's where the pressaries go. i was thinking they didn't go in your mouth. why can't you inject. is that the pressaries are better.
just a question, sorry, but if you peed is that when you lost them. what happens when you need the loo loo, iykwim. sorry.
i'm hoping that one day i wil need them. i've the prescription but no BFP. hoping one day i can go into the chemist and ask for them.

They are kinda waxy. The nurse said to me the prog absorbs into your blodstream within about 10 mins so if you "lose" some after then, it doesn't really matter. I was just finding they were kinda coming out after a while, I think they almost melt and it just felt like loads of cm!! I know Sammy had the same thing. Oh the dignity!!

thanks for letting me know. i hope i get to use them.
how are you feeling. only 14 more sleeps until your scan. xxxxxx

the nurse said i couldnt take them rectally - really not getting on with them at all. They're melting, but yucky after iykwim, think i'll ring up the nurse tomorrow and ask if i change

hiya sorry i've to ask this question, i'm sure i ask it every month.
currently pk+16. pregynl injections 4000iu on pk+3,5,7,9.
had some spotting yesterday (after bm) :blush:loads of brown mucus yesterday.:blush: just light brown today.
tomorrow is my true test date. but i cheated and tested yesterday and today.of course i got a bfp using the cbdigi it said 1-2 weeks pg. i know that the pregynl is still in my system. i am just so worried about tomorrow i want it to be tomorrow so i can pee on a stick. i know they say to wait until pk+17 as the pregynl should be out of my system.
do you think today is a false positive, would it still be in my system on pk+16
today is dragging. i keep running to the loo expecting to see the gush.i thought for def AF was here, i even posted in my journal that she was.
i know the cb can pick up as low as 25hcg.i tried to buy a pg test that isn't one that you can test early with, but no chemists stock them.
there is seriously a market for pg tests that you can't test early with.
what you think. you think tom i'll get BFN and that today is just last of pregynl:cry:

heya gumb, just wanted to send you :hug: and hope that tomorrow brings your BFP x x x x x :hugs:

the nurse said i couldnt take them rectally - really not getting on with them at all. They're melting, but yucky after iykwim, think i'll ring up the nurse tomorrow and ask if i change

Hey Mrs F

I just wanted to say i had the same prob last time as well, so i changed to rectally and then it gave me the runs. Like really bad, so i changed back to the original. God this stuff is embarrasing.

Oh the joys of what i get to look forward to! I think I would prefer rectally... if they are huge amounts of cream I have to put up there... I have to take a bum medication before and it was easy. How big are the progesterone supplements?

Gumb I have no idea sorry hun, but good luck

Mrs F awesome news about your fertility report. Do you know if cells that are frozen after they reach blastie stage tend to react better after they are thawed? Like have better chances of dividing properly after being frozen?

I had to take them during icsi and during FET, i didnt get on with them either and asked for injections, they are reluctant to allow injections as apparently its not that pleasant doing that either for 16 weeks especially when getting heavily pregnant. Viginally both times they gave me thrush like symptoms, made me very sore, i wrote it on my journal, but i stuck with it cos i think it can cause same syptoms in the bottom too haha. I have a bit of a tip. The first time during ICSi i used to lose loads BUT during FET i started pushing them that bit higher because i had to use 2 that time so had no choice. Using 2 i woulda thought i would have much more mess BUT pushing them slowly higher than i thought really worked, make sure you are doing that, if you dont quite get them high enough it causes much more leakage and i am speaking from experience haha

Hope that helps :)

Oh the joys of what i get to look forward to! I think I would prefer rectally... if they are huge amounts of cream I have to put up there... I have to take a bum medication before and it was easy. How big are the progesterone supplements?

Gumb I have no idea sorry hun, but good luck

Mrs F awesome news about your fertility report. Do you know if cells that are frozen after they reach blastie stage tend to react better after they are thawed? Like have better chances of dividing properly after being frozen?

Only about an inch or so, not that big, just read above post for tips :)

Well, had my u/s scan today. What a day...absolutely exhausted! Had 11 follies on the left and about 5 on the right...was looking good! Afterward a nurse called me in and pulled the rug out from under my feet and recommended we cancel the cycle and not go ahead, I was in shock. She was cold and clinical about it too, no compassion or support there! And it was like she expected us to decide what we were doing almost straight away....I couldn't think, I was trying to process what this meant for us and whether or not we could salvage things, etc. DH and I went outside to talk while she rang our FS who recommended we go ahead and take bloods and see where the levels are at. In the afternoon she rang us and we went in and she was a totally different woman in that she was happy and supportive. Levels were good so we are now going ahead. Looks like EC is on Thursday. Praying everything works out well, please please please.

So sorry hun I can totally sympathise with this as its what happened to me xx

Were bloods ok?

Thanks Krissi...I can imagine how you felt and I didnt like it one bit. With what she said, I was gearing myself up that it wasn't going to happen. I put a longer version of todays events in my journal too if you're interested. The bloods came back at 2400! So she said thats good. So if we didnt get her to ring our FS who said to still go ahead and take the bloods, we would have had it cancelled pretty much. Talk about a roller coaster ride! I thought of you today and sympathised...I was in shock :hugs:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->