4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Lioness any news!!!???

Bek - Best of luck for Nov 2nd (Approx) I'm actually on Lucrin right now, AF Should arrive over the weekend (thanks to provera) and I'll be on FSH injections after that...So I'm about a week or a bit more behind you....Still close enough though!!!! Yay for getting ur first jab out of the way!! It's always the most nerve wracking!! :hug:

sorry bek - bit confused hun! when i said all down hill from here - i meant that in a positive way, lol, not as an it's a downward spiral! like riding bike downhill, dead easy, lol - did you get the wrong end of the stick hun thinking i meant it went to poop from here on in, lol? big hugs hun x x x x x x x x

Yeah kind of thought it was going to go to poop LOL LOL, ya know with more injections, bloating, EC, etc LOL LOL LOL
Thanks babe xxxxxxxx

Well, yesterday went ok. They collected 6 eggs and I am praying they are quality eggs. The scientist saw us afterwards and said she is happy with anywhere between 5 and 10. Looks like we are also going ICSI instead of IVF. The scientist was sooooo lovely, she was soooo excited and positive about it. Today I should find out how may fertilise, I pray [-o< that there will at least be a couple.

I'm still pretty tired after yesterday so Im just kicking back.

:hugs: Glad it went well hun....*fingers crossed* for some great Embies out of it all!!

Well, yesterday went ok. They collected 6 eggs and I am praying they are quality eggs. The scientist saw us afterwards and said she is happy with anywhere between 5 and 10. Looks like we are also going ICSI instead of IVF. The scientist was sooooo lovely, she was soooo excited and positive about it. Today I should find out how may fertilise, I pray [-o< that there will at least be a couple.

I'm still pretty tired after yesterday so Im just kicking back.

Fx all will go great.
Whats the difference between ICSI and IVF?? sorry this stuff is all new to me and I am learning as I go.
Glad the scientist was so nice and you had a much more positive experience this time around, not like that other week with that nurse:growlmad:

:hugs::hugs:

Bek:

ICSI is when they inject the sperm into the egg manually (usually done if SA results aren't the best) and IVF is when they put an egg in a dish, drop some spermies and leave overnight to let them fertilise naturally.

Thanks girls :)

Bek, ICSI - an IVF procedure where a single sperm is injected directly into an egg vs the sperm and the egg being incubated together in a culture media in a petri dish. I hope I got that right :thumbup:.

Yes, our experience has been pretty good (as good as IVF can be). I saw that nurse again yesterday and she was happy and fine. Perhaps she just needs to learn how to deliver unsavory news better.....and maybe takes bloods anyway to find out what the hormone levels are before dismissing a cycle! :)

Ok, results are in! 6 Eggs collected and 100% fertilised :wohoo:.

Now to decide which day to do transfer...any advice/experience/knowledge?

Ok, results are in! 6 Eggs collected and 100% fertilised :wohoo:.

Now to decide which day to do transfer...any advice/experience/knowledge?

Replied in your other thread but I would definitely go for a blastocyst (5 day) transfer if possible. By default, the healthier ones will self select so if you have the chance, go for it!

Thanks Rach...is that what you had...5 day blast transfers? How many do they normally transfer with blasts?

Congrats hun and great fertilisation report too xxx

lioness - good to hear from you! :hugs: great fertilisation report, you must be so excited x x x the number of blasto's transferred depend a) how many your local authority allows if your funded by them, or b) how many you pay for if it's a self funded cycle.

so, we could be looking at any time from tomorrow til tuesday for transfer depending on the day they choose - you're exactly a week behind me as that was my window too! have you been given progesterone to start tomorrow? stock up on peppermint tea and root ginger - helps to beat the bloat the little buggers give you!

keep updating hun! :happydance:

bek - :dohh: so sorry i wasn't clear hun, i feel really bad that you may have felt pretty cack after reading my post for you, especially as i knew you were nervous about injecting in the first place - i was just wanting to reassure you the injections get easier the more you do :hugs:

i found that i didnt bloat until the progesterone stage after ET, the stimming stage was just tiring for me more than anything else. It's really nice to get some hormones back into the system after a couple of weeks of down regs - i actually cracked a few smiles! :hugs:

I started the progesterone yesterday after EC. I feel quite tender and sore from yesterday still. What day was you ET MrsF? 3 day? 5 day? How many eggs did they collect from you, what was your fertility report? How many survived and/or frozen?

Hi Lioness,

I've not had the EC/ET yet but I have agreed with my Clinic to use 5 day Blasties. I can have 1 or 2 transferred depending on quality etc.

Hey Lioness
I am pro- blastocyst transfer (Day 5) - there are a million reasons why, but I guess you just see what clinic recommends as well.

Good to hear it all went well.

Hey Lioness
I am pro- blastocyst transfer (Day 5) - there are a million reasons why, but I guess you just see what clinic recommends as well.

Good to hear it all went well.

the clinic will ring us around 8am tomorrow morning to let us know if transfer is tomorrow or tuesday, depends on how the embies are looking as to what they are going to recommend. so we should know what happening tomorrow.

I just pray they all keep growing [-o&lt; please

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->