4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

I am pretty sure my clinic nurse suggest day 3 transfer, she said that putting them back into their natural enviroment can help them develop. She said there is still research to be done on how effective day 5 transfer really is, they wonder if those that didn't survive to day 5 would have if implanted at day 3.
I personally am not really sure which way I am going yet. I think I will read up between now and then on the facts. I trust my FS so I will go along with whatever he suggests.

That is fantastic news about all 6 eggs being fertilised :happydance: told ya it would go well :hugs:

bek - :dohh: so sorry i wasn't clear hun, i feel really bad that you may have felt pretty cack after reading my post for you, especially as i knew you were nervous about injecting in the first place - i was just wanting to reassure you the injections get easier the more you do :hugs:

i found that i didnt bloat until the progesterone stage after ET, the stimming stage was just tiring for me more than anything else. It's really nice to get some hormones back into the system after a couple of weeks of down regs - i actually cracked a few smiles! :hugs:

Hun it is cool, I am not upset, not stressed or anything :hugs: all is good babe :hugs:

Is it normal to not be getting any side effects?, I am waiting to experience some bloating, cramping, bad moods etc and so far nothing. I am still doing 30min powerwalk on my treadmill in the mornings and doing a 40min powerwalk with my neighbour in the arvo. I have slowed down a little as I don't want to over do things, but I honestly just feel great and normal.

I have to get a blood test tomorrow morning for them to check my levels and my FS will ring me after 3pm tomorrow to let me know if I need to up my dosage of FSH, geez I hope all is going well and no bad side effects show up LOL.

Lioness I found this.. Not sure if it helps, I am still researching:hugs:

My own clinic told me that they do do blasto transfers, but every case is not suitable because they say if an embryo is doing so well and is very healthy at day 2 or 3 there is no real benefit in leaving them to go to blasto stage, if the embryo's are doing well at day 2 or 3 the best place for them is back inside you! They also said the risk of leaving them to go to blasto stage is that once back inside you they won't grow anymore because they have been left outside your body too long.

heya lioness, i had the day 5 blasto transfer. i had 15 eggs removed, and 12 had fertilised on day 1, then 11 kept going up until day 5 (they didn't give me a report on day 4 as it can be an unreliable measure as the embryos are going crazy into the blasto stage and one that looks fragmented could actually be a healthy one going mad into blasto (if that makes sense). On the morning of the transfer, i think there were 5 going to blasto, the other 6 were slow developers, so they chose the best blasto (grade1) and put that one back. They kept an eye on the remaining ones until day 6, and 4 of them perished. so i have two on ice for a later date.

remember though it's quality not quantity - i was anxious in case all of the 'goodness' had been spread to thinly around 15 - i guess we all worry about our lil beanies.

i'm so excited for you cherub, it's a nice feeling to get the updates every day.

kicking back and chilling sounds good - i was sore for a week after egg retrieval, i still feel abit uncomfortable, but then again the progesterone makes your plumbing achey anyway.

thinking of you - just gutted i'll be on holiday when you have your ET, i'll have to wait a whole week to hear your report. but that's not til sunday, so i'm with you til then

:happydance::hugs:

Thanks Rach...is that what you had...5 day blast transfers? How many do they normally transfer with blasts?

Yes it was. All 5 of our embryoes went on to blastocyst (although I should point out that this pregnancy wasn't a result of that...another story!)

The number transfered depends on your age, the clinic, whether you're having public funded or private treatment. Here in NZ, you can only have one up to the age of 35, when they will offer you two. This is due to the extra complications sometimes caused by multiple pregnancies.

All the best with your ET!! Then you can enjoy being PUPO (I love that saying!) xxx

:hugs:

heya ladies,

feeling a bit down today :cry:

just kinda get the feeling that this cycle isnt gonna work for us. I know i'm only 3 days past day 5 transfer, but i have a feeling that it's not worked already :nope:

trying to have a PMA, but i just get an overriding sense of negativity

hopefully i'll wake up more positive, but at the minute, i can't see it

sorry to be doom and gloom

Just wanted to send you a hug mrsf & to thank you for your questions about the cyclogest pessaries. I think this thread is great it answers so many of my questions & you guys are great.
Hugs & PMA.:hugs:

lioness- Both my IVF's were day 5 blasts. It wasn't a pre-determined day, rather the embryologist monitored them and they went with the day they felt the embies had a better chance of surviving in the womb. They just told me to be ready between days 2-5, as it could be any day. There's benefits both ways, I don't think day 5 blasts are THE right way to do it, I think it all just depends on how your embies are growing and what your RE recommends. I'm sure your RE will recommend what they feel will work best for your case. :hugs:

Bek74- I think it's not unusual to not get side effects. The first cycle I was super bloated and the second, not so much. My body felt like it hadn't even really went through IVF. And...the second cycle worked. I wanted to feel something to know my body was doing something differently (pregnancy) but nope, nothing. So no side effects shouldn't be something to worry about, we all react differently. I think I remember mentioning in my journal that I felt it hadn't worked cause I wasn't feeling any different, but I was dead wrong! :)

MrsF- I know the feeling. It's an emotional rollercoaster. One day I was SOOO positive and the next I was like, "Why waste my time getting excited, it's probably not gonna work!" But, you have some great embies in there and let's FX'd that they are nice and snug in there!

Good luck to all you ladies!

Mine was a 5 day as well. But, out of 16 eggs we started with, we only had 3 blasts by day 5. That's always disappointing because you do lose a lot of embryos by waiting until day 5 but the theory is that the ones that make it that long are better quality. Who knows though. I'm not sure it really matters....

Hi ladies

BTW u will see I changed my username from Tanya to Lilly.. just so you name for reasons to long to explain now..

I had 2 day transfer and I got preggies.. I think if you have less eggs, rather go to 2 or 3 day but if you have more eggs go to blast... the risk with going to blast with few eggs is that none of them make it, whereas they may have made it in the womb.. I dont know.. just my take..

Good luck ladies!!!

Please send me your updates so I can update our outcome page

xxx:hugs:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on the matter. The scientist called this morning and said there are 4 embies that are 4 cell, and the other 2 are 2 cell. The scientist is really pleased with all 6 as they are currently looking healthy. He says he would suggest to take them to 5 days, as he cannot pick out which ones to transfer at the moment as they are all looking good. He said if there were a couple outstanding ones over the others he would have suggested today. So...FX and [-o< they keep growing [-o<.

At the moment I am still pretty sore after EC, sometimes it feels like sharp shooting pain near the cervix...did anyone else get this. I took some panadol today which helped.

MrsF, hang in there, its only early days yet. Perhaps you'll have a better day tomorrow :hugs:

Bek, not everyone gets side effects, I know about 2 other girls who were having EC on the same day the other day didnt get any bloating, etc. And as for me, mine happened towards he last few days...since they doubled my dose actually. Hang in there and take it as it comes :hugs:, you're doing really well. How are the daily injections going?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on the matter. The scientist called this morning and said there are 4 embies that are 4 cell, and the other 2 are 2 cell. The scientist is really pleased with all 6 as they are currently looking healthy. He says he would suggest to take them to 5 days, as he cannot pick out which ones to transfer at the moment as they are all looking good. He said if there were a couple outstanding ones over the others he would have suggested today. So...FX and [-o< they keep growing [-o<.

At the moment I am still pretty sore after EC, sometimes it feels like sharp shooting pain near the cervix...did anyone else get this. I took some panadol today which helped.

MrsF, hang in there, its only early days yet. Perhaps you'll have a better day tomorrow :hugs:

Bek, not everyone gets side effects, I know about 2 other girls who were having EC on the same day the other day didnt get any bloating, etc. And as for me, mine happened towards he last few days...since they doubled my dose actually. Hang in there and take it as it comes :hugs:, you're doing really well. How are the daily injections going?

Thanks hun. The daily injection part I hate, but am doing it each day. This morning I had to have a blood test at 7am and my Doctor rung me this arvo and said " everything is going excellent, he is very happy and to keep going at my current dose 150 and he will see me Wednesday for my scan" So FX everything goes well at my scan and I have loads of big eggs.
Still no side effects, very glad to hear that others don't always have any either. I feel much better knowing things are ok from my blood test today.
I feel great, I feel perfectly normal, no bloating, still powerwalking, FX it stays that way.

Glad to read your embies are doing great, it all sounds so positive. I will be talking with my FS about which way would be best for me.

Keep me updated :hugs: (sorry not on much, still doing my darn lights LOL )

OMG so much happening here I can't keep up!!

:dust: and :hugs: and sticky vibes to everyone xx

hi lilly, update for the list - day 5 ET for me was 20th October, testing on the 2nd nov, thanks x

well ladies, i'm off on a relaxing break tomorrow for a week so am gonna miss all the action - will endeavour to catch up on all the pages i'm gonna miss whilst we're away when i get back (if i can remember what page i'm on now.....)

lioness - i wanna see big shiney embryo(s) / blasto(s) all transferred and cosy when i get back,

bek - i wanna see loads of top quality eggs and a good fertilisation report (and maybe even an ET depending on retrieval?)

they are orders ladies, dont let me down now!

still feeling a bit poop, but a change of scenery and time with friends and DH might help. See you soon peeps , lots of love x x x x x

hi lilly, update for the list - day 5 ET for me was 20th October, testing on the 2nd nov, thanks x

well ladies, i'm off on a relaxing break tomorrow for a week so am gonna miss all the action - will endeavour to catch up on all the pages i'm gonna miss whilst we're away when i get back (if i can remember what page i'm on now.....)

lioness - i wanna see big shiney embryo(s) / blasto(s) all transferred and cosy when i get back,

bek - i wanna see loads of top quality eggs and a good fertilisation report (and maybe even an ET depending on retrieval?)

they are orders ladies, dont let me down now!

still feeling a bit poop, but a change of scenery and time with friends and DH might help. See you soon peeps , lots of love x x x x x

I will do my very best, your testing day is my estimated EC day :hugs:
Enjoy your holiday hun :hugs: we shall see you when you return :hugs:

Enjoy your break MrsF.....will be waiting to hear how it went :). I am praying for a BFP for you, not long to go now :). I hope the time away makes you feel better :hugs:

I'm feeling a little better today, although yesterday and last night were terrible :(. Sharp gripping pains deep in my lower ab and cramps that came and went in waves in the rest of my abdo. Since having some laxatives...I feel alot better :rofl:. I still get the sharp lower abdo pains, I've just been taking some panadol and it has relieved it *phew*. Oh and by the way, the Dr who gave me some IV pain meds post EC in recovery said I could take Neurofen if I continue to get pain when I get home....I thought we weren't suppose to take anything but panadol or paracetamol or is it ok in small doses prior to ET?

Bek, good news on your blood results :wohoo: cant wait to hear how the u/s goes on wednesday. Keep up with your fab injections...must make you feel better knowing how well they are working :)

latest update ladies

https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1480/1480555ipgpdidffl.gif 4 Leaf Clover IVF & ICSI Buddies

June / July 09 Outcome

Akcher ICSI :yipee::baby::baby: :pink::blue:
RBaker ICSI :flow::angel:
Mendy ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink:
Tanya ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink: tbc
Beckic IVF :flow::angel:
Ena IVF :flow::angel:
MaryB IVF :flow::angel:

August / September 09 Outcome

Angelcakes - :flow::angel:

Sammy2009 - :yipee::baby: - 8 week scan and all ok!

CupcakeQueen - :flow::angel:

Emerald Sarah - :flow::angel:

Brambletess - flow::angel:

Jane1972 - :yipee::baby:

Mrs G - :yipee::baby:

Wrightwhales - :flow::angel:

Snowdrop - :flow::angel:

October / November / December 09 Outcome

Mrs F - Test date 2 November [-o&lt;

aneageraussie - Natural BFP :happydance:

NeyNey - start stimms 21 October

lioness168 - ET 27 October

Bek74 - started stimms 21 October

Beckic - start down regg 10 October

Krissi - :hugs: cancelled cycle

Maz - start down regg 25 October

Chocci - Nov Fresh ICSI

Kelly9 - start IVF Nov / Dec

Noddysgirl - start down regg Jan 10

latest update ladies

https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1480/1480555ipgpdidffl.gif 4 Leaf Clover IVF & ICSI Buddies

October / November / December 09 Outcome

Mrs F - Test date 2 November [-o<

aneageraussie - Natural BFP :happydance:

NeyNey - start stimms 21 October

lioness168 - ET 27 October

Bek74 - start down regg 9 October

Beckic - start down regg 10 October

Krissi - :hugs: cancelled cycle

Maz - start down regg 25 October

Chocci - Nov Fresh ICSI

Kelly9 - start IVF Nov / Dec

Noddysgirl - start down regg Jan 10

Hun I started down regg 10th Oct then started FSH injections 21st Oct

Thankyou for doing up this chart, it helps us all see where we are each at.

Wishing everyone BFP :hugs::hugs:

I've been lying low recently and I can't keep up with all the activity in here!

I'm just hanging around, trying to chill, waiting for my follow up appointment on the 20th November. So nothing to report.

:hugs: and :dust: to all of you, whether you're waiting, dregging, stimming or PUPO and any other stage I've forgotten!

S.
x :hugs:

How are things going Lioness?? is it ET tomorrow??
Thinking of you, I am sure all will go great :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"