4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Good luck at your appointment, krissi! :hugs:

Krissi, good luck with your appointment on Friday, I hope you get some answers and start to feel better soon xoxo

:hug:

Good luck krissi!

So no call from the clicic which means I am out for this month. I am not really phased by it as I wasn't expecting a call but my cycles are 33 days and are soooooo freaking long it takes forever to get to call in again.

Good luck krissi!

So no call from the clicic which means I am out for this month. I am not really phased by it as I wasn't expecting a call but my cycles are 33 days and are soooooo freaking long it takes forever to get to call in again.

Sorry to hear that Kelly :hugs: Everything crossed for next cycle for you x

Hi,

I wonder could somebody offer me some advice. I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle. I am currently on Gonal F 225iu and have injected for 6 days so far. I had my first scan this morning and it shows I have 7 follicles over 10mm and 10 follicles under 10mm - the clinic couldn't give me measurements for the follicles under 10mm but said they may grow on. The follicles over 10mm are measuring at 1 x 16mm, 2 x 12mm, 1 x 11, 3 x 10mm. The clinic told me that I may lose the 16mm follicle as it is a good bit in front of the other follicles but what I am worried about is the 16mm follicle taking over, becoming the lead follicle and suppressing growth of the others - does anybody know if this can happen? I have my next scan on Saturday morning but am going off my head with worry. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Hi,

I wonder could somebody offer me some advice. I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle. I am currently on Gonal F 225iu and have injected for 6 days so far. I had my first scan this morning and it shows I have 7 follicles over 10mm and 10 follicles under 10mm - the clinic couldn't give me measurements for the follicles under 10mm but said they may grow on. The follicles over 10mm are measuring at 1 x 16mm, 2 x 12mm, 1 x 11, 3 x 10mm. The clinic told me that I may lose the 16mm follicle as it is a good bit in front of the other follicles but what I am worried about is the 16mm follicle taking over, becoming the lead follicle and suppressing growth of the others - does anybody know if this can happen? I have my next scan on Saturday morning but am going off my head with worry. Can anyone offer me any advice?

I don't know hun, I only have a total of 7 follicles, 3 on my left and 4 on my right and all about 13mm each and I have been in FSH for 9 days (8 at the time of scan).
Just wanted to wish you luck and I hope all goes well with your cycle.

Hi,

Hi hun

I think what you mean is will the growth of the big one mean the others don't grow as much?? Is so, I don't think this will happen at all. When they say you might lose the 16mm one they mean it may mature too early and not wait for the trigger shot. You have a really good number of other ones and you will probably find the under 10's grow loads too in the next few days. It is much better to have a few good sized ones than loads and loads.

I didn't use GonalF but I'm sure the clinic would have altered your dose if they were at all worried.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine hun. But I can completely understand your worry. Do you have EC/ET dates yet?

Kath xx

Mrs G and bek74,

Girls thanks for your replies. Much appreciated!

I can hardly think of anything else today but my next scan. It's a bit nerve-wracking to be honest. I haven't been given EC or ET dates yet but I would think at my next scan I will be told.......I was told a few weeks back that roughly EC would be around 3rd November. I have been so relaxed up until now about this whole IVF process but the scan today unleashed those nerves again. PG my scan on Saturday will show good growth.

Mrs G and bek74,

I can hardly think of anything else today but my next scan. It's a bit nerve-wracking to be honest. I haven't been given EC or ET dates yet but I would think at my next scan I will be told.......I was told a few weeks back that roughly EC would be around 3rd November. I have been so relaxed up until now about this whole IVF process but the scan today unleashed those nerves again. PG my scan on Saturday will show good growth.

Hi hun
Have just gone back through my notes and on the first scan, I had one follie quite a bit bigger than the others but by the 2nd scan they had evened out. I found that you have all these appointments and it's not til you go that you actually realise how important they are and what they really mean!! You'll be fine hun, you've done brilliantly to get this far. xxx

I agree with Mrs G, snowflake. If anything, you will lose that one bigger follicle, but it shouldn't affect the others. Lots of luck!
:hug:

Mrs G and bek74,

Snowflake I can relate to your nerves. When I heard I only had a grand total of 7 follicles I felt so depressed, like something was wrong with me. I read time and time again of women having like 11, 15+ follicles and here I am with 7.
My EC date is the 2nd so we are around the same stage.
I had a bit of a cry to hubby last night, because now that it is getting closer to EC and ET I am feeling pretty scared. I have been doing great up until now and health wise I still am, it is just my worries and fears.
FX for you hun, I am sure all will go great :hugs:

:hugs: snow.....Best of luck hun.

Well I woke up this morning with no AF, but heavy PMS (you know that feeling girls!)I keep going to the toilet to check, I'm pretty sure she'll be here before the weekend is out.

Fingers crossed!!

Try to relax snowflake and good luck!

Neyney I hope she shows up soon, is that all you are waiting for to start stims?

Yup Kel, just waiting on the blasted b!tch!! (whoops, I meant witch ;))

:rofl: how long have you been waiting? I bet you're eager to go! I will be in the same boat eventually saying the same things.... and I can't wait!!!!!!!

Hey all!

Hope everyone is ok.

I just wanted to send a bit of advice for those of you coming up to EC/ET. We had our early scan this morning and have one lovely, very healthy 7w2d baby!! :cloud9: We had 2 embies put back, both grade A quality but obviously only one of them made it. :angel: So just wanted to say that although your clinic may push you for single embyro transfer, I would DEF insist on 2. Ok you have a chance of twins but both dh and I have said what if we'd only had one and they'd chosen to put back the one that didn't make it.....

I know everyone has their own thoughts, but I just wanted to let you know our experiences.

Lots of luck and :dust:

Kath xx

Hey all!

Hope everyone is ok.

I just wanted to send a bit of advice for those of you coming up to EC/ET. We had our early scan this morning and have one lovely, very healthy 7w2d baby!! :cloud9: We had 2 embies put back, both grade A quality but obviously only one of them made it. :angel: So just wanted to say that although your clinic may push you for single embyro transfer, I would DEF insist on 2. Ok you have a chance of twins but both dh and I have said what if we'd only had one and they'd chosen to put back the one that didn't make it.....

I know everyone has their own thoughts, but I just wanted to let you know our experiences.

Lots of luck and :dust:

Kath xx

Oh MrsG Congratulations hun :hugs::happydance:I hope you have a wonderful happy and healthy 9mths :hugs:
Can I ask at what day did you have you ET 2-3 or 5day?
Again Congratulations :hugs::hugs:

Hi girls,

Well I had my second scan today (thought it was going to be tomorrow!) and I am still really disappointed. I have 6 follicles between 14mm and 18mm but the nurse said one of those follicles looks like a cyst so I really only have 5. I also have about 4 between 10mm and 13mm but the nurse said to disregard those as they probably won't catch up. The nurse also mentioned that my bloods yesterday were a little on the low side at 965 so it really all depends on what my bloods say today.

Bek74, Like you I had a bit of a cry on my way back from my scan today. What's really worrying me is that even if I get to EC stage, I may have no decent eggs. I am 39, will be 40 in two weeks time and my age is really worrying me. What's also worrying me is that I fell pregnant back in November 2007 but miscarried at 10 weeks in January 2008 and we have been trying since then with no luck which is kinda strange. I actually feel a little sick to my stomach today. I am really preparing myself for bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->