4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Snowflake,

Back in July when I had my first go I also had six follies - they produced 4 eggs - and I was in tears when I left the clinic saying to DH that I knew we wouldn't be back again for ET because none of them were going to fertilise and I was devastated.

But we got a call the next morning to say 3 had fertilised and when we went in for ET at day two we have a five cell a four cell and a three cell - or good grade.

We had the two best put back in - and whilst they didnt implant - the Dr's dont think it was anythgn to do with egg or embryo quality - and are positive about this second go.

So i know it seems a low number hunni and I know we all want some to freeze - but to have one or two decent embies to put back is enough sweetie. I promise.

Please dont beat yourself up about not getting a huge number of follies - and try not to worry too much about the egg quality if you can - cos i did - and I gave myself a day of upset for nothing cos in the end my eggs were fine.
I really pray that that is the case for you too.:hugs:

Hugs

Bx x xx

Hi girls! I am also just starting my iVF/ICSI/PGD cycle... i have been taking Gonal f 225 since monday (4 days) and I had an ultrasound today that showed 4 follicles in the right ovary and only 2 on the left. I am so sad with these number. Is it possible that more follicles will show up as I continue taking gonal f, or the 6 I have now are all I will get? help... : (

Hi there,

My clinic phoned me back - I am scheduled for EC on Tuesday at 11am. My bloods are at 2,000 now which the nurse said is reflecting the 5 or 6 follicles that I have. I have to continue on with my injections today and tomorrow and then take my trigger shot on Sunday. I am hoping the smaller follicles will catch up by then because my follicles seem to be growing at around 4mm a day. Keep your fingers crossed for me.......

Snowflake :hugs: I'm sure everything will be fine hun. They wouldn't have scheduled EC if they thought there was a problem. And a few good sized eggs is much better than loads and loads. Good luck xx

Bek, thanks hun. We did a 2 day transfer with 2 4 cell embies. It's all our clinic do so we had no choice but there is an argument that once fertilised the embies are better of in a natural environment than left in the lab to get to blast.

xx

Mrs G, could I ask you one last question? Have you any idea what size follicles should ideally be when triggering? I have to continue injecting for today and tomorrow and at the moment two of my follicles are already at 17mm and 18mm which means by Sunday when I trigger they could be 22mm or 23mm and doesn't the trigger shot mature them even further? Is there a chance those follicles could be too mature?

Snowflake ... try not to worry about the size of the follicles too much. Both of my cycles I had a range of follicle sizes, the smallest being around 12 mm on EC day, and every one of them produced a mature egg. As the saying goes, size isn't everything.

Good luck for EC...

Snowflake :hugs: I'm sure everything will be fine hun. They wouldn't have scheduled EC if they thought there was a problem. And a few good sized eggs is much better than loads and loads. Good luck xx

Bek, thanks hun. We did a 2 day transfer with 2 4 cell embies. It's all our clinic do so we had no choice but there is an argument that once fertilised the embies are better of in a natural environment than left in the lab to get to blast.

xx

MrsG you have no idea how much reading you say that you had a 2 day Tranfer made me smile :hugs:
My clinic also does 2 day transfer, he believes in getting them back in asap. It is also proven that freezing 2 day embryo's thaw better as compared to Blasto. My FS said Blasto was designed to limit multipregnancy as you would only ususally transfer one embryo.

Hun I am so happy that finally someone here has had two embryo's transfered back in on day 2.
That is what I am getting, so that gives me sooooooo much hope.
Monday (my time Aussie) is ET and Wednesday is ET.
Again thanks hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am not sure what we'll do, I know my clinic does both 2 and 5 day. I am insisting on either 3 two day embies or 2 blasties. I want optimal chances and won't be pushed around. I guess we'll do whatever they recommend for what day the transfer will happen on.

Congrats MrsG...I am so happy to hear that everything is going well, wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months. I am praying to not be too far behind you :).

Bek - goodluck on Monday for EC...what time? Will be thinking of you. How are you feeling? Sorry I haven't been around much of late.

Snowflake and Meli - I understand how worrying it can all be. On my first scan they had to double my Gonal F dose to get my follies moving, and then on the second scan the nurse afterwards basically recommended canceling the cycle on us. DH and I kept asking questions until she finally said she would ring our FS and see what he says while DH and I work out what we are going to do (tears and all). Our FS said to continue and for the nurse to take bloods. The blood results came back at 2400 which the nurse was then happy with and we were then booked in for EC 3 days later. We ended up with 6 eggs collected and all 6 fertilised via ICSI. We decided to go to blast stage and we transfered 2 blasties. I am now in the 2ww and keeping our fingers crossed that they stick :dust:
So I guess the moral of the story is hang in there...we did...and so far so good!

As for the 2/3day vs 5day debate....I still dont know....I guess with us the scientist evaluated our situation according to how things were progressing. On day 2 we had 4x 4 cell embies and 2x 2 call embies. He said if two stood out from the rest he would have recommended the 2 day transfer, but because he couldn't tell them apart in regards to which looked better, he recommended taking them to 5 days. So I guess each case may be different as to which way to go.

Mrs G, could I ask you one last question? Have you any idea what size follicles should ideally be when triggering? I have to continue injecting for today and tomorrow and at the moment two of my follicles are already at 17mm and 18mm which means by Sunday when I trigger they could be 22mm or 23mm and doesn't the trigger shot mature them even further? Is there a chance those follicles could be too mature?

Hi hun

I had a couple of large ones the day of trigger, 8 in total between over 20 (?) and 14 and they collected all 8 of these on ec day. Like maz said, try not to worry hun, you'll have plenty, out of the 8 we ended up with 4 grade a's so now have 2 frosties. I dont think the trigger matures them even more, just tells them to release.

xxx

Lioness, how is the 2ww? Are you gonna test early or be a good girl? x

Bek, lots of luck for monday, do you do your trigger today?

xx

Snowflake - The nurse at our clinic mentioned to us that the trigger does mature them just that little bit more before they are released, we used Ovidrel.

MrsG - I'll see how I go in regards to testing early or not, we'll see.....I'm not pacing the halls yet :rofl:. One of the nurses on the day of ET mentioned we would generally get a result within 7 - 10 days after transfer. The blood test has been scheduled for 15 days after ET.

Bek - good luck with the trigger at 2am!!! Not long to go now...how exciting!!! :friends:

MrsG - I'll see how I go in regards to testing early or not, we'll see.....I'm not pacing the halls yet :rofl:. One of the nurses on the day of ET mentioned we would generally get a result within 7 - 10 days after transfer. The blood test has been scheduled for 15 days after ET.

I tested at 7 days post transfer to see it trigger had gone and I got a line, it was gone by 9 days post. I then tested again 11 days post transfer and got a really faint line for real this time!! I think either you need to test to check on the trigger and then you know where you are with the results or just hang on til the official date.

FX xx

Lioness, how is the 2ww? Are you gonna test early or be a good girl? x

Bek, lots of luck for monday, do you do your trigger today?

xx

I have the trigger at the hospital at 2am which is in 5 1/2hrs time, bit nervous.

Snowflake - The nurse at our clinic mentioned to us that the trigger does mature them just that little bit more before they are released, we used Ovidrel.

Bek - good luck with the trigger at 2am!!! Not long to go now...how exciting!!! :friends:

My trigger is Pregnyl??? not sure about it. I can't believe I have to get up at 1:30am get sorted, drive 5min down the road to the hospital just to have my shot at 2am on the dot. My FS wants to be sure it is done properly.

So are you going hun??

Congrats MrsG...I am so happy to hear that everything is going well, wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months. I am praying to not be too far behind you :).

Bek - goodluck on Monday for EC...what time? Will be thinking of you. How are you feeling? Sorry I haven't been around much of late.

Snowflake and Meli - I understand how worrying it can all be. On my first scan they had to double my Gonal F dose to get my follies moving, and then on the second scan the nurse afterwards basically recommended canceling the cycle on us. DH and I kept asking questions until she finally said she would ring our FS and see what he says while DH and I work out what we are going to do (tears and all). Our FS said to continue and for the nurse to take bloods. The blood results came back at 2400 which the nurse was then happy with and we were then booked in for EC 3 days later. We ended up with 6 eggs collected and all 6 fertilised via ICSI. We decided to go to blast stage and we transfered 2 blasties. I am now in the 2ww and keeping our fingers crossed that they stick :dust:
So I guess the moral of the story is hang in there...we did...and so far so good!

As for the 2/3day vs 5day debate....I still dont know....I guess with us the scientist evaluated our situation according to how things were progressing. On day 2 we had 4x 4 cell embies and 2x 2 call embies. He said if two stood out from the rest he would have recommended the 2 day transfer, but because he couldn't tell them apart in regards to which looked better, he recommended taking them to 5 days. So I guess each case may be different as to which way to go.

Hi Lioness! Thanks... it's reassuring to hear your story. We'll definitely hang in there. Yesterday I started Centrotide. My IVF coordinator said my base line scan showed 9 follicles, so I don't get how I end up with only 6 after taking Gonal f. Anyway, there's nothing to do I guess but keep going.

Good luck on the 2ww!!! It must be so exciting and nerve wrecking! I'm cheering for you.

Well hubby and I just got back from the hospital after getting my trigger shot (now 2:20am).
So the 36hr count down is on .......

Thanks ladies for all your encouragement and support during this, it has meant alot to me :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I wish I was starting my ICSI already! You guys are all full of info and news and I am just hanging out here waiting to start. It sucks.

How exciting Bek....not long now, and today being a day without meds :). How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? All of the above? :).

Thanks for the tips Mrs G...its good to hear how the BFN & BFP went. I'll see how I go :).

Glad everything went well at your scan, Mrs G!

Come on ladies, there's room for all of you, and we are waiting for you!

:hug:

How exciting Bek....not long now, and today being a day without meds :). How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? All of the above? :).

Thanks for the tips Mrs G...its good to hear how the BFN & BFP went. I'll see how I go :).

I feel great.

I am nervous and excited about tomorrow. I am nervous about the stories I hear of the after pain and cramps and nervous about how many eggs I will have that fertilize out of my 7 follicles.
I am also excited to be heading to the end of my cycle and hopefully towards a BFP.

So how is your 2ww going?? Has the bloating settled??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->