4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

I agree maz, if they're great quality eggies that fertilize wonderfully, then that's what counts! :) Glad all went well!

Hi Maz
interested in what you think of origins? I am hoping to make the final decision tonight origins waiting list of 12 weeks beofre inital appt puts me off, as does the cost but would love to hear what you think-on balance there is something to be said for coming home instead of to a hotel room which is what i will be doing if i choose norway or manchester
good luck with everything xx

Some exciting stuff on here !!! :happydance:

Hey peartree, how are you hun?

xx

Mrs G i can't believe you are nearly 11 weeks. omg!!
how are you feeling? have you started to tell people, are you showing.
i think it is just fabulous, and gives all the rest of us on here hope xx

hi glitterqueen

I quite liked origin as a clinic ... the staff are lovely and friendly, and convenience-wise it's great for us NI girlies. Downside is definitely the cost and the fact that they have now introduced a waiting list. Should this treatment not work for us, I will most probably be looking into other clinics and will price them out against origin. Not sure where I would go to be honest ... am really hoping i don't need to go down that road.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

xx

Thanks for the responses girls. :flower:

Mrs G - I'm very well thanks. Took a bit of a break from here to concentrate on other stuff and wish the time away. We had the follow up urologist appointment yesterday, and went to Salisbury clinic for their open evening last week. They have a walking advertisement with you :haha: I'm so happy for you!!! Have you told everyone yet, or are you going to wait until 12 weeks?

I'm still trying to decide between Salisbury and Oxford. Oxford is easier for me in terms of me being able to go to my local hospital for scans and bloods, but unfortunately don't do open evenings so I can gauge how nice the people are, etc.

:hugs:Maz 6 eggs is great hun. Like you said " it isn't how many eggs you have babe, it is how they fertilize"
Good luck FX for you:hugs:

Any news NeyNey?????

Hi ladies, what a great thread and lots of really positive posts! I wish everyone lots of luck with their treatment.

I'm not very good at this whole posting thing more of a lurker really but wanted to share what is happening for DH and I at the mo.

We had our first appointment with our chosen fertility clinic (Care) yesturday, our PCT had granted us funding for 3 attempts of IUI. DH had to go in 2 hours before appointment to produce a sample. Last one he did was over a year ago on NHS and they told us his SA results were perfect, I have had all tests done too and we were told we have unexplained infertility - so you can imagine our shock when FS at Care advised us that we actually have male factor infertility - DH has a great sperm count of 90million!! but unfortualy he has a large amount of anti sperm anti bodies that may have been casued by a sports injury, the anti bodies are attacking the sperm and reducing motility and causing them to clump together, FS explained IUI is totally out the question as it would just not work and he recomends IVF ICSI.

We were so not prepared for this news, FS explained our chances of conceiving natural are slim although not totally out the question. NHS did not test sperm for anti bodies - we feel really cross about this and did not know until yesturday that anti sperm anti bodies exsist.

Care contacted our PCT yesturday and have explained IUI will not work and only option would be IVF ICSI and told us we can start next cycle!! We are so confussed, we had only just got our heads round the IUI treatment.

Care have told us we can start in Jan 2010 if we prefer but PCT will only fund treatment within 18 weeks of referral. We think we may start asap we're just really confussed, shocked and scared at the mo, I can't believe we can start treatment so quickly, that we now have a reason for infertility and that our only option now is IVF ICSI.

Sorry for long post x

Hi MissMonty - gosh, I can't imagine what a shock it must have been for you. It's good that they picked this up now though, before you possibly going through the heartache of failed IUIs. :hugs:

Do you have to make a decision soon? Maybe you can stall for a little while until your heads are a bit clearer? It took me weeks to get round to the idea that we won't fall pregnant naturally, and still I have break downs every so often...

:hug:

:hi: Ooh sorry I should have asked - I hope it's ok for me to join you ladies? It's great there is a group of people supporting each other.

Peartree - thanks for your reply, we loose our funding if we don't start treatment by Jan 2010. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your referral :hugs:

Gah sorry ladies, it's been a hectic couple of days!!

Our Fert report yesterday said that 7 our of our 9 eggs fertilised successfully!! :yipee:

I will get another update tomorrow and our ET is scheduled for Sat 28th Nov.

:wohoo:

I'm so bloody excited I can't sit still!!

Great news Neyney! That's an awesome fertilization report!!! :happydance::happydance:

Ty Mendy hun...Gosh I can't believe you're 22 weeks already!! :hugs:

Maz - any news on your Fert report? You will likely be going for your ET same time as me? Wohoo we can keep eachother sane in the TWW!! :hug:

Congratulations Maz, 6 is great :yipee:. Its quality not quantity that counts. I had 6 and all 6 fertilised and we had a successful cycle. I am wishing you all the best and wishing you a great fertilisation report!

NeyNey, congrats on an excellent fertility report :yipee:. Not long now until both you and Maz are PUPO :wohoo:.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies in the various stages of your cycle :hugs:

Yay neyney! Good luck maz!

Missmonty I WISH my clinic could start us on ICSI right away! My dream come true but I am sadly stuck on a wait list. I can understand how you feel you've been thrown into it though. I would do it cause IVF is expensive. I live in Canada and we have to pay for ALL of it ourselves. Good luck.

Great fertilisation report NeyNey ... wonderful news.

As for me, it's 8.15am and I have another two hours to wait before I can phone the embryologist. I don't know how I am feeling right now ... given the numbers of eggs collected, I would be doubtful of having any suitable for freezing, so I guess I just want two really good quality ones that can be transferred on Friday.

We have 3 embryos , which is exactly the same number of embryos as the last time, but with a lot less eggs. As for the other 3 eggs - 1 didn't fertilise at all, and 2 showed signs of fertilisation but had the incorrect number of pronuclei. My embryos will be checked this afternoon to look for signs of cleaving and then the better looking ones at that stage will be the ones that will most likely be transferred. I am going to phone tomorrow morning just to confirm that ET will go ahead on Friday morning.

I'm quite happy about the number we got this time - 50% fertilisation is the best we've had yet. Fingers crossed it's the start of things to come.

Great news Maz and NeyNey - not long until you're both PUPO :happydance::wohoo:

I'm still playing the "waiting for round 2" game ... soooo booooorrreedd! And also a bit confused as to what is happening when and when I'm supposed to call the clinic etc :dohh: So I think I may have to phone and go through it with them.

:dust: and :hugs: to all.

S.
x :hugs:

Thats fantastic news NeyNey and Maz, I am so excited for you both:happydance: by the time the week is out you will both be PUPO :happydance::happydance:
Keep us all posted on the progress :hugs::hugs:

OMG ladies!!!!!!!!!! :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp:

NATURALLY! We were told like <3% chance and it happened! COnfirmed by doc this morning! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->