40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Emmi, I am so hoping for good news for you soon. how did you manage to persuade them to transfer 3 embryos? did you do anything different this IVF?

OOh Emmi, how exciting! When did you have the transfer, meaning when will you tell us the good news?

Briss, I had exactly the same protocol, 14 mature eggs last time and 13 mature eggs this time. I didn't really do anything differently, same drugs etc. Fertilisation rate was a little higher but both cycles pretty much the same but this time we have used embryo glue. Who knows if it made a difference but we had to try.

It's up to the clinic how many embryos they will transfer but my clinic as I am 43, they will transfer 3. It was all about raising our odds as time is running out.

Terri, will let you know as soon as I have any news :) All very nerve wracking...

Xxx

Rainshiny, DHEA is controversial, I would not take it before 40 and definitely under doctors' supervision. It's a hormone and can seriously mess up your hormonal balance in certain cases. check your DHEA levels first, it's a simple blood test to make sure you are low on DHEA before considering taking it. also read up on the side effects which can be quite dramatic like serious hair loss, I have seen this happen to our B&B ladies.

re royal jelly, it's not proven. I have taken fresh royal jelly in the past but it did not do anything. most recently I read a book on egg quality and royal jelly was mentioned as the one to avoid. I know everywhere you read on line they praise royal jelly but there have not been any studies to prove it does anything at all so i ditched it a while ago

raspberry tea leaf is great in the first half of your cycle together with red clover and nettles. I've been drinking it for years. Cant say I noticed much improvement but somehow I think it's a good substitute for caffeinated tea/green tea. I also drink mate tea which is unlike green tea, alkaline so it helps our bodies deal with all the acidity

chasteberry extract is again controversial, it seems to work well for some, particularly when ladies have problems ovulating naturally but if your cycle is OK it may mess it up

Holy cow, you are so knowledgeable! I took shortcuts and just tried a couple things I read in "making babies" and online. I was not very thorough. I never took DHEA but I just heard about it. I just tried raspberry tea leaf and chasteberry extract and royal jelly for the last 2 months of IUIs.

You like Mate? I've heard of it--I switched from coffee to green tea. Green tea is too acidic? Does Mate give you a kick, because that's what I can't live without is the wake-up every morning.

Emmi-congrats on so many eggs-that is fantastic. Hang in there--your 2ww must be nearly done, then hopefully you have the 36 week wait after that (if I'm counting right).

Terri-Thanks! Hope you are doing good!!

Kay-thinking about you too, and hope you are doing well.

I had my second sono today--my lining is 9mm which they said was good. FET is in a week--the 25th now! Starting progesterone on Sunday.

There are three ladies in the embryo donation forum on babycenter who started cycling together in April, and all three are nearing the end of their first trimester now... gives me hope.

Rainshiny, knowledge (although not sure if you can call it like that) is an unfortunate side effect of LTTTC :)

green tea is similar to Mate, both have caffeine (so they both give you a kick) but Mate is alkaline and green tea is (like black tea) acidic. I personally drink both. I used to drink green tea but after I leant about Mate and tried it I actually liked the taste so I alternate between them.

There are a few other alkaline drinks on this list - https://www.energiseforlife.com/wor...from-nutrient-dense-recipes-a-breakthrough-2/

Hello ladies, well I just tested and it's a :bfp:::dust:.....am in total shock and so happy.... Feel a bit dazed from it all :wacko:It's early days but the facts are I am 43 and I used my own eggs so all things are possible but it's a tough journey.

Will phone the clinic tomorrow and book my 7 weeks scan, we'll then find out how many have stuck as we had 3 transferred. hubby and I would be over the moon with twins :oneofeach:

Wishing you ladies lots of luck, keep believing and keep hoping. I would say to those thinking about ivf, don't waste too much time and go for it as I know 100 percent it helped us as hubby had such erratic swimmers. But I know the costs are high and there is alot to think about, but I thank the lord for science at the moment :thumbup:

All the money that you can spend on supplements, I truly believe it's down to folic acid with multi vits and omega fish oils. It's just my opinion but I have spent a fortune on all sorts and I have wasted a so much money.....:dohh:

Anyway, wishing you all lots of love and luck, we all deserve to be pregnant and here's hoping that all our dreams come true.

Big hugs to you all:hugs:

Xxxx

Emmi, excellent news! I am so happy for you!! congratulations!!

Emmi-congratulations!!! I had a feeling I would hear some good news today!! Keep us updated on your progress and thanks for the tips on the special vitamins and such. I haven't bought into all that stuff yet, and hope I don't have to.

Happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

Emmi, that is fab news!! Keep us up to date with it all x x

congrats Emmi! that is so super awesome! I am so happy for you :) This is the best news ever!!!

I'm 40 years old and have been TTC my 1st for about 6 months. I certainly understand how scary it can be to think that it won't happen. My anxiety is off the charts. IVF isn't a realistic option for me, but I am thinking about going to the doctor and getting things checked out.

Would love to hear how everyone else in this thread is doing, if anyone is still around. I've read the whole thread, so I have my fingers crossed for all of you.

Hi Julia and welcome.
It can't hurt to get things checked out and IUI is also a more reasonable procedure if you can't afford IVF. They also have some sort of assistance for IVF if it comes to that, so just be sure to ask.

I have been meaning to update this thread. I go in for my IVF transfer on Thursday. It's been a rollercoaster with thinking I had to stay on meds longer, oh no, you're ok, then your transfer will be this day, no wait..it's this day. So I'm just ready to get the transfer done and sit on the couch letting the embryo snuggle. I'm hoping I have a success story like Emmi! We'll know in a few weeks.

Any questions just ask.

Hi everyone. I wanted to share our journey. I am 43, about to turn 44 next month. My husband is 11 years my junior. We have been trying for 4 years to conceive. Obviously my eggs are old, then we found out DH has low morphology/motility. We have tried 4 iui's the last one with injections and no luck. Ive also tried things like soy, the preseed, etc, just hoping for a miracle. Anyway, we have decided to do frozen DE through Shady grove in Maryland. We live In Virginia. Its quite expensive but we are using all of our resources and credit cards to do this. Its guarenteed or your money back. We have selected a donor, and I'm waiting on all the paperwork and to make the hefty payment today. Each cycle I have to be monitored at home by my doctor then travel to Shady grove on the day of transfer. The program gives you 6 attempts. We arehoping that ours will be successful on the first try. Who wants to continue going through all this disappointment month after month? No one. I kind of wish I had just started with this route but hindsight I guess it is good to know that we exhausted all options. We are looking at the first transfer to possibly be the end of SEptember. Being a teacher does not help as it is such a pain to take off. We finished the prescreening at shady grove in May but I unfortunately caught Lyme disease so was unable to try cycle this summer. Please wish us luck. It has been very difficult when you constantly see/hear natural pregnancies all the time.

Good luck babybabyb. The docs at Shady Grove are great. I'm in MD and that's who I am using. I hope the first time is a success for you!

Good luck Terri! Hoping to hear some fab news for you soon.
Babybabyb, I hope the DE works wonders for you too.
Keep, keeping us up-to-date everyone, I don't post much anymore but still love reading all the gossip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->