40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Kaysbc
Thanks for sharing. I understand what you mean. I've convince myself to go for Ivf and then I'll read something on the Internet which I'll think I could try first.
At the moment I'm looking and researching on natural and Mild Ivf. Apparently it's less invasive and cost half of conventional Ivf. It's suppose to benefit those who doesn't respond well with drug stimulant for conventional Ivf. I'm looking into how successful it is for us 40+s. if anyone's got any info or have tried. Please share.
Babydust to everyone ����������������

Hi ladies...I will write here as my OT wasn't getting much traffic. I'm 40 and have been TTC going into my 4th cycle. I stopped BCPs and went right into trying. My first 2 periods came on schedule...which I thought was strange. I figured...wow, that was seamless. Then my next period came about the same time. First was 26 days and then 27. Cycle 3 was strange. It was only 18 days. I had horrendous cramps the night before...like I never remembered having. Period came what would have been day 19.

I've read about lots of women not getting a short cycle right after completing a pack and not starting a new one or long cycles after going off the pills, but not having 2 or more "normal" cycles and then they go wonky...

Right now I am CD8 and have been OPK testing since my period ended...CD5. I have no clue what my body is doing!!!

Anyone else have a similar story?

Thanks!!

Do you temp? That will really help you understand a lot of things. You can look up basal body temperature, and you can find everything you need to know. Plus, if you were just on the pill, sometimes it takes a while for your body to regulate. You could be one of those people. Just keep trying!

AFM-I just wanted to update everyone to let you know that my first cycle of IVF was a bust. I'm going to try again and see what happens. My doctor was really surprised because everything seemed almost perfect. So we'll try again. *shrug* Not much else I can do at this point. I'm thankful I have insurance and a few dollars laying around to pay for a second chance.

Terripeachy, so sorry to hear your IVF didn't work. It's a tough game we're playing and it seems to me there are no fixed rules. Hope you're feeling ok. x

Sorry to hear about the ivf not taking :(
Yes, I temp and started that last cycle. FertilityFriend believes I did ovulate and it noticed a thermal shift. I can try to share my chart here. Will have to play around with it tonight. My husband travels a lot so we are hoping that we missed (even though we BD like rabbits) because he was out of town. I wasn't temping the first 2 cycles.

We believe we'll be in the right place at the right time this cycle...so we'll see. If it doesn't take, my plan is to go to my obgyn at the start of my next cycle for some investigation.

I've bred horses and I knew more about her cycle than my own. I went through the ringer, month after month. They have the 2ww like we do before they are scanned for pregnancy....but they don't pee in a stick. They get trans-rectal ultrasound! Pucker up!

Sorry to hear that terri, I hope the next one works a treat. ps. love that new photo of you and hubby - what a gorgeous couple.

Temp dropped this am .6 degrees. Clearblue gave me a blinky smiley face. I also tested with a Target brand OPK strip and it was still negative so I believe we're approaching the magic window. Hubby is on a plane home now.

Blinky smiley face again this am! It started yesterday when I thought it would. Hopefully tomorrow we will see solid smiley.

:dust:

Just keep BD'ing. You want to have some :spermy: in the bank prior to O day.

Trying to wait it out 24hrs between BDing, but with my DH traveling and gone 4 days, we have to fight off the urge!!!
:muaha:

When is he leaving next time?

He's home for the next 2 weeks. We've not been sure on our timing because of his travel. I wasn't temping or OPK testing the first 3 cycles. This is the first and the first where he will be here though all of the projected fertile days. Also, I was just off BCPs and had 2 "normal" cycles then an 18day one...freaked me out. I'm hoping it was just my body kickin it in.

Hi gals, I haven't popped by in a while. Lots of new people. Welcome babybaby, doxie, reverie, weezy! Glad you have joined us.

When I first started seeing an RE I was pretty opposed to IVF. Mostly because of the cost but also it seemed so invasive. But as time has moved on I've become more comfortable with the idea of IVF, and it seems more and more people around me are doing it so its starting to seem so normal. But-- the cost is really the killer for me.

My doc quoted me some astronomical amount for IVF. I can't remember what it was but in the 20K ballpark. I simply don't have that type of money. I found another clinic that charges 10K, and back in Feb/March I was pretty much ready to give them a call and hand over a credit card and get started. But then I got a BFP, and somehow that changed my mind about rushing into IVF, because suddenly I felt that it was actually possible for me to get pregnant naturally. So now I'm hesitant again about IVF.

I know time is not on our side, but I feel like trying for a bit more. As long as we're doing something the time is not wasted. But, time has freaked me out a little bit lately, because August is now my 2-year anniversary of TTC.

Terrypeachy, best of luck to you in your 2ww. how exciting!

babybaby sounds exciting for you too :)

Emmi how are you doing?

good to see you back again pussycat, so sad to hear about your recent BFN.

~best wishes to all of us~

Thank you Kaysbc for asking. I don't come here to post as I do respect that ttc is so very tough and it's not always good for someone who got their bfp to come on, I really understand that.

I understand your thoughts on IVF but I think as time goes by, the natural way can be so time consuming and when time is precious, it makes sense to think of options. Wishing you best in whatever you decide honey.

I am now 11 weeks and constantly queasy with mahoosive boobs, the symptoms are actually very reassuring!!

Love, luck and baby dust to you all.:hugs:

X

Do you temp? That will really help you understand a lot of things. You can look up basal body temperature, and you can find everything you need to know. Plus, if you were just on the pill, sometimes it takes a while for your body to regulate. You could be one of those people. Just keep trying!

AFM-I just wanted to update everyone to let you know that my first cycle of IVF was a bust. I'm going to try again and see what happens. My doctor was really surprised because everything seemed almost perfect. So we'll try again. *shrug* Not much else I can do at this point. I'm thankful I have insurance and a few dollars laying around to pay for a second chance.

So very sorry to hear that Terri. I am hoping big time that it's second time lucky for you, it worked for me so fingers crossed. :hugs:

Clearblue gave me 3rd day of blinky smiley face. Was hoping for a solid. Temp is still low. No EWCM yet. Also using Target OPK strips for 2nd opinion. Still negative. On cd12

Good to hear from you Emmi, wonderful to know things are progressing well - please keep us up-to-date.
Terri - I am here - sort of. Just floating around and checking in and seeing what everyone else is up to. I find this makes it easier to cope with the fact that I am turning 44 in November and time has just about run out for me. Saying that, I am ok with my life without kids - it just still hits me sometimes that I ended up here. I always imagined having a large family!
Good luck Doxie - hope you hit at the right time.

Emmi-Thanks. I hope the second time is the charm. :flower:

Doxie-Do you use FFoe? Can you put your chart in your signature? I'm a total :ninja:, and love stalking charts.

Clizard-I hear ya. This process is exhausting and I can understand distancing yourself. It was just nice seeing the top of your face. hee hee.

Clizard said:
I find this makes it easier to cope with the fact that I am turning 44 in November and time has just about run out for me. Saying that, I am ok with my life without kids - it just still hits me sometimes that I ended up here. I always imagined having a large family!.
Oh yes Clizard, I'm with you on this. I too am 44 in November, how that happened I have no idea. I also thought if have a large family but suddenly here I am 43, 7 failed fertility cycles, c£20-25k poorer, just me DH and 2 cats :( I am truely confounded that I'm in this situation. I know what you mean about being happy with your life, I have a good life: great friends and family, lovely home, good job etc etc am I greedy to want more? I have my follow up today with the dr after our failed DE cycle, hoping she's at least read the notes as I think if she hasn't it may push DH over the edge.
Hope everyone else is doing ok! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->