40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Another blinky smiley face...and I'm over them! Friday was the most promising....Target OPK had a really close test line in color to the control line. Clearblue went from 2 days of circle to blinky smiley. Now, Target OPK has barely a test line and of course Clearblue with that damn blinky smiley now day 5. Temps are low so maybe I am not ovulating? Where is my reproductive system users guide!!!???

I was going to say to keep temping and after a while, you'll be able to tell if you're ovulating. How many months have you been temping? It takes a few months to see a pattern, and you're still in the follicular phase so nothing would really be going on just yet, so I would BD while you can, and then hope for the best once your DH leaves. After time you'll know if there is a reason to be concerned. I think I didn't like the blinking faces after a while. They were too stressful.

I took temps last month for that wonky 18 day cycle but with my cvs digital thermometer. I ordered an ibasal to use with this cycle #4 but since my other cycle ended so early, I had to start with my cvs one and use it for the first couple of days. I think I've had the ibasal for like 10 or 11 days now.

Plan is to BD every day until DH travels again (in 2 weeks) or AF comes...whichever is first! Our problem is we can't bum rush the :spermy: factory!

:dust:

Temp jumped this am from 97.5 to 98.1
Clearblue has given me the solid smiley!
Target OPK showing negative as the test line is still a wee bit lighter than control..but it is close.

I think that's your jump. I would BD one more time today and tomorrow (ha) just to be on the safe side, but you should be getting your crosshairs any day now.
Can you put the link to your chart in your signature? Go to User CP and it says edit signature. If you put the link there, I can watch it every day instead of going back a page to where you put the initial link. :ninja: Thanks!

Alrighty...I set it up, let's see if it shows....

You're so close..are you using the code with the [] versus the <>? I think the squares are the one you want under chart thumbnails, bbc code.

Well, there are my little chicks! Click them and off to my chart you will go.

I made a change to my charting. I was putting the Clearblue blinkies as positive OPK test result. I googled and saw that I should put them as High in the monitor results and then today's solid smiley gets Peak. I then went back and changed my + to all - on prior days.

Temp was a little lower this morning. You can see in my chart. Had horrible lower right quadrant pains about midnight. Freaked out because last time this happened AF arrived...super early. No :af:

This morning Target OPK is positive. Done testing with Clearblue as yesterday we got Peak Fertility reading. Now anxious for all the morning temp readings!!!

terripeachy-- so sorry to hear about your IVF. Sounds like you will try again? best wishes and piles of baby dust for you this next round...

doxie, hang in there and keep temping and using the OPK and monitor. After you do it a few more months you may have a better idea if you body has a pattern or even a semi-pattern. You shouldn't need to start OPK so early in your cycle? I like to use the OPK because its always given the best guess at O date, and then my temp confirms it. And fertility friend will start predicting your pattern better too the longer you use it.

I think those blinky smileys are more confusing than just using the sticks with the 2 lines. I dislike the digitals, I always felt I couldn't trust them. The 2-line comparison is really simple and straightforward to me.

AFM- I O'd just a few days ago and for 3 days I had the worst menstrual-like cramps. I've never had ovulation cramping or pain before. This seriously felt like I had my period. It was super weird. My acupuncturist is thrilled about this. She thinks its a good sign, and that "stuff is going on in there". We'll see after this 2ww is over!

Kaysbc
Thanks for sharing. I understand what you mean. I've convince myself to go for Ivf and then I'll read something on the Internet which I'll think I could try first.
At the moment I'm looking and researching on natural and Mild Ivf. Apparently it's less invasive and cost half of conventional Ivf. It's suppose to benefit those who doesn't respond well with drug stimulant for conventional Ivf. I'm looking into how successful it is for us 40+s. if anyone's got any info or have tried. Please share.
Babydust to everyone &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;

thanks weezy. I'll google natural ivf, since I don't know what thats about. I've heard others mention on threads but I've never looked into what that is.

Thanks kaysbc and good to see you back on here. Yeah, we're trying again and hoping the second time is the charm. :shrug:

I hope REALLY good stuff is going on in there. :) fxfx

Kaysbc....I don't want to be doing this for several months more!!!! :wacko:

FF is now confused. Based on temp, it believes I am 3dpo. However, based on my OPKs and some serious cramping Wed night, I think I'm like like 1 or 2. Will just keep temping it out!

:dust:

Hi Ladies
Wonder if anyone can put any light on this.
I had a really weird cycle this month. My normal cycle is normally 28 to 30 days but this month it came early on day 25, with lots of small clots and AF little heavier than norma (its never happened before...it really freaked me out because I was sitting in the bath and it all came out...ahem sorry i know it's TMI (I'm not familiar with al the abbreviations yet).
It lasted for around 4 days (as per my normal AF) with most of my cramping on my right hand side....sharp pains.
After that freaky AF, my whole body felt lighter and the little dull pain that I have on my right hand side for the past year or so have more or less disappeared (I still get some but not as much) but have been slightly light headed ever since.
I went to the doctor and she just said she wouldn't worry about it, clots do happen for lots of reasons...she said I may have had a very early miscarriage but there is no way of knowing. she's sending me to do some blood test for hormones etc and a scan to check out my right hand side (she said she don't think it's anything major on the pain as I've had it for that long)
Could I possibly have had a early miscarriage?

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 40 in October. my BF and I plan to start trying for our first late September. We were a bit naughty (contraception wise) the last time I O'd, so who knows...

baby dust to you all!!

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 40 in October. my BF and I plan to start trying for our first late September. We were a bit naughty (contraception wise) the last time I O'd, so who knows...

baby dust to you all!!

Welcome puppy power, and best of luck to you!

Weezy- it does sound like its possible you had a really early MC. There are tons of stats out there that say this is so common and many women never have any idea they were ever pregnant, since AF comes *about* when she should. And the slight clotting and slightly heavier flow could be a sign of that. Also, we shouldn't take hot baths when pregnant (or possibly pregnant), since hot baths could cause a MC. The only time I feel I can safely take a bath is the days I have AF!
But-- all that being said, it is also possible you didn't have a MC, and this is just a heavier, clottier period. It happens. And either way, it shouldn't have any effect on getting pregnant, so I wouldn't let it worry you. Your doctor is right, there is no way to know at this point. The same thing happened to me almost a year ago, and I also wondered if it was possible I was pregnant and lost it really early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->