40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Pussycat, I'm really to hear but I wish you the best of luck with your cycle :winkwink:

Terri...whoa...way to go girl :happydance::thumbup:

Dr visit tomorrow am for me. Think this is full AF. Don't get it.

Ok, pelvic exam showed nothing to be of issue there. Going back on Tuesday for ultrasound and blood draw for progesterone. Dr thinks elevated temps are due to stress....does not believe I ovulated on cd6. He thinks I ovulated earlier this week, but the OPK and CBDA monitor missed it somehow...but he doesn't know why CBDA is still showing high fertility.

I got the actual numbers for my cd3 blood work:
Fsh- 2.2 (mIU/mL)
LH- 1.6 (mIU/mL)
TSH w/ Reflex to FT4- 2.35 (mIU/mL)
Estradiol- 163 (pg/mL)
Prolactin- 5.7 (ng/mL)

Weezy, can I ask you about your experience with natural IVF?

I am recovering from our 3rd failed IVF, we did maximum stims and it did not work, only 4 eggs but all granular probably due to stims so none fertilised. I had the same result from mild stim cycle. but when we had our natural IVF the embryo was top quality, sadly ended in chemical. My last IVf was a complete disaster, cos I ended up in hospital with intra-abdominal bleeding following EC (just to add insult to my injury I got the news of zero fertilisation while I was on morphine in hospital and still in pain cos of all the blood inside). and 4 weeks later I am still at home recovering. but as soon as I recover our next step is to move to natural ICSI on a monthly basis until we are successful. we have sperm issue so it's not going to happen naturally. We are considering a clinic in Czech Republic as UK prices are just too high and we won't be able to afford it every month. any info/advice is welcome. I am feeling pretty low at the moment...

Gosh Briss, you've had a time of it, hope you're on the mend. I too only ever got 4 eggs with high dose Stimulation. What's you're AMH level? Mine was 1.9 just over a year ago and I was told less than 5% chance of success with my own eggs, so donor eggs it is. However I am having immune testing so if that shows something perhaps my eggs are not as rotten as we thought. It's all very confusing and yes UK prices are crazy. We too are looking towards the Czech Republic.
Doxie, sorry you're having such a bad time. I think the whole 'unknown' factor is so difficult, especially, if like me, you're a bit of a control freak!
I've had an emotionally exhausting few days. My UK clinic mailed me to say they had another donor match ready to go in November if I was interested. Although I know it's too soon and we can't afford it my heart still fluttered. I then had a big chat with DH who said he didn't even think he wanted to have another cycle and found it all to heart breaking and wanted to start looking at adoption. We had a bit of a row and lots of tears eventually he's said he'll support me in one more try but after that it has to stop and he's not willing to give our UK clinic any more money. We've agreed to wait to see what my immune tests say then make a decision. I know he's right, we've had 7 cycles all paid for and nothing but tears and heart ache to show for it, however I'm so desperate for this to happen I'd go through it all again if only for one BFP. I simply can't give up hope on the one thing I've always known I wanted. I can't help but think my failures have been stress related and I need to find a way to reduce that, a lot of it is my own pressures and expectations. So I mailed the clinic and said no to November, I've not said no full stop as I want to keep them sweet and find out their interpretation of my immunology tests and what the suggested treatment protocol would be. I've also told Reprofit that we can't commit to Feb treatment date until we have the results. I know DH is right, if I was asked by a friend in my position I'd say the same. But you ladies know how this is and I will not give up. xx

Big hugs for all the ladies on the board.

DH has apt with urologist on the 13th. We'll be looking at me until that time. My dr is ready to be aggressive due to my age, which is good.

We talked briefly about ivf and costs...DH said we spent more on that breeding horses, so maybe we try it. Depends on if we are both ready to take that journey should it come to it.

Hi everyone. I had a frozen donor egg embryo transfer yesterday. Only one embryo survived the thaw. I'm on daily progesterone injections and every 3rd day del estrogen injections. Its so hard to stay positive after 4 years of disappointment. This is first IVF attempt. Feeling discouraged since only one was transferred. Beta is October 20

baby-Don't get discouraged now! At least you had one to transfer, and there are plenty of people who got pregnant with one, so remain positive, eat your fruits and veggies and keep the faith. Are you testing at home or do you go back for a beta at the clinic?

How many did you freeze? I'm scared of the thawing process, but a lot of clinics say that FET is the way to go because they have time to get your lining to the perfect place for implantation. I did a fresh transfer last time and it didn't work. I'm doing another fresh this cycle, but hopefully I'll have others to freeze if they make it. :/

Unfortunately the others did not survive the thaw so if this is unsuccessful hubby and I will have to select a new donor. I will go to my doctor who monitors me here in VA for the beta and they will let Shady Grove in MD know the results. I would love for this to work. As all of us know, this process can be very stressful.

Weezy, can I ask you about your experience with natural IVF?

I am recovering from our 3rd failed IVF, we did maximum stims and it did not work, only 4 eggs but all granular probably due to stims so none fertilised. I had the same result from mild stim cycle. but when we had our natural IVF the embryo was top quality, sadly ended in chemical. My last IVf was a complete disaster, cos I ended up in hospital with intra-abdominal bleeding following EC (just to add insult to my injury I got the news of zero fertilisation while I was on morphine in hospital and still in pain cos of all the blood inside). and 4 weeks later I am still at home recovering. but as soon as I recover our next step is to move to natural ICSI on a monthly basis until we are successful. we have sperm issue so it's not going to happen naturally. We are considering a clinic in Czech Republic as UK prices are just too high and we won't be able to afford it every month. any info/advice is welcome. I am feeling pretty low at the moment...

Hi Briss
Ohh Briss I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through.:cry: It's just terrible...but on a positive note, I'm glad you're on the mend and know what your next step is.:thumbup:
In terms of my experience with Natural IVF. I haven't actually gone through any treatment yet as I'm reseraching into my first IVF treatment and the natural/mild IVF route grabs me. I've been to an open day last week and is debating between conventional and natural. I've been told that the natural route could be a better option for us older ladies because of poor response to drugs etc.etc....and recovery time is quicker...if first try fails, then you can try again next month where as conventional is 3 mths....I've been looking long and hard on the internet with people who has done this and how people feel about it but with not a lot of success...so sorry I cant give you much advise if you've gone through that process already.....but in your case, it does seen natural seem to suit you better.
I totally understand how you feel and so does everybody on this board...you're not alone and we're all here if you want a rant or just talk.
I've recently been reading the home insemination board...have you tried doing that while waiting for the funds to come it.

I'm going to book myself into a fertility MOT to check myself out and see what the natural IVF clinic come back with in terms of plan and cost and I'm going to an open day for conventional IVF so I'll know better how I feel.

If I do go through the natural route, I'll keep you posted :winkwink::flower:

7 cycles Pussycat... ](*,) you and Briss are seriously amazing with your strength. Much love to everyone.

Had the transfer on Saturday... they put 4 in. Two grade B and two grade C (lots of fragmentation). Will have to see if the other made it to blast or not. Guessing not as it was C grade as well.

Now I can't help but feel like I am walking around with $13K up my foof!

I felt fine on the procedure table but as soon as I got up to go to recovery I had cramping. Mix that with some still tender spasming ovaries and I was glad to get to the hotel bed.

It would be interesting to know with natural IVF if I would make a quality egg or two. I don't think my clinic does natural or mild IVF but it would be interesting to see what the results were in comparison.

Cd6. Had ultrasound and everything looks good. No cysts or fibroids detected. Right ovary has 14mm follicle developing.

Just another month around here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3
Future, they put 4 back? Hopefully the odds are in your favour! When is test date? Will you wait or are you an early tester? It's such a tricky choice! Best of luck!
Doxie, all sounds good!
Terri, how you doing?
Got a positive on the OPK today, not great timing as DHs aunt died, last of her generation, and as we speak he's writing is resignation letter for to his boss, selfish of my I know but looks like this month will be out of the question for me 😔 . On the plus side, at least I'm still getting positives in the OPK so it's not all over yet ... xx

Pussycat-Hopefully you have some reserves in place. :) And sorry about your aunt. That's always sad and an emotional time.

future-Don't give up yet! If they put them back in you always have a chance.

My transfer is tomorrow at 10a. As of yesterday I still had 14 embryos. One was lagging behind but 13 is still impressive. We'll see how it goes!

Terri, 13 is an amazing number! What day transfer is this? Hopefully you'll have some frosties too. xx

Tomorrow will be Day 5. Every day except the first one I was scared to take the call with the numbers! :haha:

Hugs to all of you having a rough time out there, briss, pussycat, and anyone else.

Best of luck to all of you cycling through all these IVFs! You all sound like you're in a good place with your retrievals and placements. Crossing my fingers for all of you! This is great.

doxie I hear you about weird charts and weird things our bodies do. I just got AF today which was totally unexpected. I'm only 8 dpo. My luteal phase all wacky short. Not sure what's up with that but it doesn't seem good. Hope this doesn't become a pattern.

:wave: kaysbc..how are you doing otherwise? It's been a while. I hope your LP doesn't remain at 8 days either. How random. :hugs:

Hello everyone
Just been to an open evening for conventional IVF and want to ask if monitoring 3-4 times over 2 weeks is normal? As I've read that some London Clinics monitor every day or every other day. Does that affect success of the treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->