40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

:hugs: Hi everyone!

Terri--your temps look amazing! Here's hoping they stay high and you get your BFP!

BBaby--Moni from another thread got her BFP with a 1-egg retrieval, so it def happens! Hope the heart palpitations have stopped.

Kaysb--I think we've all been there with trying to muster a sincere congrats while we fight back sadness and jealously. This is a great place to vent and get out the frustration.

I'm not sure what to do... I got ewcm and high & peak readings on the clear blue fert monitor/opk. But my temps haven't jumped. Did I O or not??

I am trying to decide if I should start progesterone, which I take 2nd half of cycle. Oh yeah, I started a b complex vitamin last month and I know it can delay O if the egg isn't ready, so maybe I didn't O and in a few days things will ll ramp up and I'll O for real. On other hand, if I did O, then I need the extra progesterone. So confused!

I will wait and check my temp in the morning and then decide (I take prog at bedtime). I'd love to hear what others would do! Anyone go through something similar with b complex?

Sorry for long post. :dohh:

I would probably wait Vonn..but then when your temp jumps and you get crosshairs it's three days after O. Maybe temp today and see what happens and start your P tonight. :shrug:

The heart palpitations went away after a few days. I'm still coughing which my nurse said that can be a side effect of the progesterone producing so much mucous. I did a hpt this morning which is 13dp3dt, and it was negative, so things aren't looking good for my beta on Monday. Hopefully they can schedule me another attempt by the end of this year. Good luck to everyone else who is trying.

Sorry about the bfn babybaby. Still keep taking your meds because you never know. :hugs:

Yes.... I must continue with the dreaded inhections for the next couple days��. I'm actually glad I did the test to prepare me for the phone call on Monday. After 4 years of disappointing news I think we grow numb to it after awhile. Luckily with this guaranteed risk program I am promised a baby or 100% refund. So that makes things better. (Except for spending every penny we had) I just hope they can squeeze me in for a December cycle. They also wouldn't give me another passcode to select another donor until the bloodwork confirms on Monday. I would have liked to be looking this weekend so I wouldn't waste any time. (There are no eggs left from first donor). Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on when my next cycle is or if I have a miracle on Monday.

Sorry to hear the BFN Baby....Hopefully you they can fit you in Dec, in time for a Xmas BFP :flower:

Has anyone heard of Co-EnzymeQ10 and DHEA Supplements?
Any of you ladies take it?
Is it to improve egg quality?
Do you take it as a daily supplement?:winkwink:

Weezy--there is an old post on B&B you might find helpful. The easiest way to find it is to just google search "over 40 natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10." It should pop right up.

I haven't tried all these things, but I am on some. Specifically, of the ones you asked about: I take 10mg of DHEA daily & 115 mg of coQ10 (I am trying one with active ubiquinol, read somewhere that's better). My regular dr. prescribed them and about a billion others pills after saliva/urine/fecal testing uncovered crashed mitochondria and low markers of vitality in me, so I didn't start them with fertility in mind, but certainly need all the help I can get!

Let us know what you do & the results!

For those that aren't on another thread, I got a BFN this morning. My blood test is on Tuesday, but I'm not excited about it at.all.

Terri, Sorry to hear of your BFN : ( hugs to you

Vonn, thanks for the info, I have started reading through that thread and it's very interesting.
I think I'm going to start taking some (it can't do me any harm). One of the lady in the thread said to be sure to take the the DHEA micronized ones.
I assume active ubiquinol is for Q10?

Will any ladies here be going to the feritility show in November (London)?

Terri, I am very sorry about your BFN, so heart breaking :(

Vonn, I am curious about mitochondria and markers of vitality. What tests did you do to discover you had these?

Hi Terri / baby, so sorry you got BFN, I've been there so many times, it feels like a little piece of me is chipped away each time. However, you need to keep on trying. x
Weezy, my consultant recommended I try DHEA to improve egg quality, they recommended 25mg three times a day spread morning lunch and evening for three months prior to treatment then stop a month before treatment. They did stress that nothing was proven, but what is in this game? I bought them online from a website she recommended and can PM you the link if you like (don't think I'm allowed to in the thread). To be honest it didn't seem to make any difference to me and the pills can have some side effects (I was fine in them). As for COQ10 I asked and was told they didn't believe it made a difference but again nothing is proven and a lot of clinics do suggest them. I tried and I'm still not pregnant :(
I've just had my immune test results and I have slightly elevated NK cells so need to talk to them to find out more. Nothing in this life is easy (or cheap). x

Thanks ladies..I still have two frosties, so once I get the results from my blood test, I'll talk to the nurse/doctor and see what they say. If I can afford the meds for a FET cycle out of pocket, we'll carry on, but if it's expensive, we'll have to wait until January when our insurance renews. Don't you just love how "optional" medical issues have to wait until you can afford to pay for them? It's BS. I get $10k prescription coverage, and ran out mid IVF#2. Of course, I had two IUIs last year as well, so 10k should be ok for this year IF I get freaking pregnant! :wacko:

I'm so sorry Terri. I had a negative beta this morning. My nurse told me they probably can't fit another cycle until January, UGH. So disappointing.

Oh no! I'm so sorry, baby baby. Well, give your body a rest and try naturally for a few months and then get back to it. We all know it's so disappointing and frustrating, but you have to get back on the horse. :hugs:

Baby that sucks. I'm exactly the same as you, each time I've wanted to get right back and try again, however it is good to give your body a break and though it doesn't seem that way now, Jan will come round quickly.
I called my clinic to try and make a nurses appointment to talk through what additional meds I'll need if I'm to cycle again, only to be told they're too busy to see me and can only do so if I'm about to cycle again. I've emailed again and asked them to clarify what meds would be needed so I can at least work out the cost. They're so crap, I can't believe I've stuck with them for so long. Now to convince DH that one more go in Czech is the way forward. Trouble is even I know this has to be it, if it doesn't work then I gave to accept I'm not going to have a baby 😔

Hi Pussycat, yes please, could you PM me the link if you don't mind. I'm really considering it as there is probably nothing to lose. I'm going to go to the fertility show in London and maybe I'll ask some experts there too. Thanks.
Sorry to hear about the crappy clinic...I suppose it's like that for every clinic (if you're not cycling then suppose they're not making money)...I hope the one in Czech works for you...and it's awful that this has to be your last go...but there is still hope of it working....and nothing stopping you from getting a natural BFP....we all have to stay positive....Extra baby dust to you:flower::flower::happydance::hug:

Pussycat-I guess as far as costs go, you'll just have to see about how much you spent last time and assume that you may need a few more meds than last time depending on why they think it failed. I hope you get another chance in the CR, and I am PRAYING that it works this time around. It has to.

Crappy news ladies - was lurking and hoping! I have nothing to add that is either a) inspirational, b) informative or c) helpful, except good luck next time xx

oh terri and babybaby! I'm so sorry to hear your news. :(

weezy at one point or another I feel like I"ve tried taking everything. I took Coq10 for a long time, hoping it would help with egg quality. who knows if it ever did anything, but we can always hope. I take a prenatal vitamin now that has DHEA in it. I don't have any info on what that is supposed to be helpful with, I haven't really read up on it. I always figure it can't hurt to try these things. While supplements can sometimes be costly, in the long run they are affordable (compared to the cost of fertility treatments I've spend thousands on) and I figure they aren't hurting my chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->