40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Dojenstein--welcome!

A lot of ladies use bbt temping to better understand their cycles. It can help you to see patterns, or recognize irregular cycles, both of which are useful fertility tools. Some western docs are interested in temping charts, but not all; acupuncturists are definitely interested. I personally find it really interesting,

Lots of :dust::dust: to you and everyone!

Vonn, tell me about the pomegranate juice. What does that do?

Oh Weezy! :( hope that spotting disappears

Welcome dojenstein. I would trust the OPK. your hormones are doing their thing! Even if the OPK is hard to interpret sometimes.... if I can't tell if it's positive or not, that means that either its positive or about to turn positive, close enough! so its a good time to BD. And then usually by the next day the OPK will be more clear/more obviously positive. BD! I'm pretty obsessive about OPKs, I save the group of them and take pictures of the series, and study them later ! ha! so it helps me for the next cycle get a better sense of what it looks like positive vs. almost positive but not quite.

My girlfriend at work that I recently found out she is pg, I thought she and I were the same age, but I found out that she's actually 43. Natural pregnancy! This is her 4th pregnancy and all of them have been over the age of 35, this is the 2nd over the age of 40. So while it is a piercing stab to the heart hearing about anyone else's BFP, I am always glad to hear of a 40+ gal getting pregnant. It gives all of us hope. And tell all those statistics out there to shove it! It is possible for all of us! :)

Thanks ladies

Sorry to say AF came late last night and my temperature didn't go back up, it stayed the same as yesterday :cry:

Guess I'll dust myself off and pick myself up ready for the next cycle.

Did I miss something with the pomegranate juice??

I've always use the traditional way of charting BBT (pen and paper) but last night, I tried the online FF chart (purely because I want to share it with you ladies). I found it difficult.
My cycle ranges from 27 to 30 days so when I inserted the figures of one cycle, how do I start charting my 2nd cycle at the date I want?:shrug:

Kay
It's nice to hear stories like that. My GP encouraged me that one of the lady GP there had a natural BFP at the age of 42.
It gives us all hope, but you can't stop thinking when is it my turn

Weezy-It's not difficult at all. Since today is day 1, you would enter your temperature, and then under menses/period (or whatever it says), you would put light, medium, heavy, and FF would mark it as cd1 for you. Then, every day just continue putting in your temperature and anything else you want to add (headache, prenatals, special notes etc..) and it will keep it all in there for you. I'll send you the directions on how to put it in your signature when I get to work.

Oh, and sorry for AF. I was so hopeful for you. :hugs:

Weezy, really sorry that this is not your month.
Re pomegranate juice, I did read somewhere that it's meant to help your womb lining develop, no idea what that is based on though!
x

Weezy--I agree with Terri, temping on fertility friend is really slick. I started on paper first, but this free service is great! It will start your new cycle automatically, whenever you put in either L, M, H for your menses it will recognize the start. (Spotting is not the start of a new cycle.)

As for pomegranate juice, it's about the highest in antioxidants, higher than green tea. It's supposed to increase blood flow to the uterus and therefore help build the lining. It's expensive for the 100% pomegranate juice and I don't love the taste of it (I cut it with some sparkling water), so I don't drink it all month long, but there's no reason you couldn't.

Hi everyone. My nurse was able to schedule me a FET with DE on December 8. I'm happy since I thought I would have to wait until January. Hopefully we will have better luck this time. My husband gets so discouraged when things don't work out. Revolving these appointments around work is tough. I am a teacher and always have to get plans together, ugh.

babybaby, I'll be doing a FET sometime mid December as well. We can do this, babe!!!

I just got back from my appointment and my doctor is totally stumped. This time we're doing the endometrial scratch so maybe THAT's what I need.

Pussycat, Vonn
Thanks for the info

Terri
Brilliant news....you go girl!!:dance:

KAy and Weezy--love to hear about 40+ getting pregnant. Also agree I wish so badly it was my story being shared. Someday soon. I gotta believe.

Baby baby and Terri--good luck with the FET transfers in December! It's gotta be your turn, both of you. Look forward to following the process.

My goal/hope for this thread is that someone in this thread gets a BFP by January 1!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks Vonn...I'll third that as well. That would be so nice.
I'm waiting to hear back from my nurse with regards to whether the insurance will accept me without CD3 bloods. She said that if they tell them it's frozen and I'm not stimming they are usually likely to process the claim without the bloods, so we'll see. Otherwise, I'm pushed back until January, most likely.

Insurance would be a fine thing ... Unfortunately in the Usk if you're over 39 the NHS consider you past it so there's no funding and most private health care policies (that come with work) exclude fertility tests and treaments. All my life I've been healthy (thank goodness) yet the time I need it I'm not covered, typical! xx

Weezy, I can see a chart is that your BBT?!
Terri, really hope you can swing it, sorry if my last post seemed a bit bitter, I just hate how they always got out of it! x

Pussycat-No, you didn't seem bitter, but that's the way of insurance...you pay in and pay in and then when you need it, they find some loophole where they don't have to pay you. BUT...you can't live without it. It's such a scam. I'm bitter too..hee hee.

Weezy-Glad your got your chart posted. Mine is so crazy. I am on BCP (while waiting for the nurse), and my temps are post O temps. Kind of nuts, but whatever. I am addicted to temping.

Vonn-I like that you're in the flatlands..that jump is going to be a good one! hope you get your BD'ing in.

AF came for me on Friday. I wasn't expecting it at all since it was only 7 dpo for me! This is my second time in a row now with a super short LP. Last time was only 8 days, remember? I'm freaking out now big time. Not sure what is different or what has changed, but my body is doing something weird. I'm worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->