40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Kaysbc--So sorry you got AF, but definitely glad to see your luteal phase was 13 days long! Yay for that! Do you think it's as a result of the acu and herbs?

Hey ladies
Kaysbc, sorry AF showed but good news on the LP. I have to say my cycle is all over the place since I started fertility treatment. Not sure if it's the meds or if it's just me getting older as our cycles to change as we get nearer the dreaded M.
Weezy, your in South England aren't you? Sounds like your reslly doing your research, good luck however you decide. When do you get your AMH results, I know it's only a guide but it's such a good one I think it will really help you decide on which route to go. Don't be scared of IVF injections, they really are easy. They're not intramuscular so not painful and to be honest I found it kind of reassuring that I was taking control of what was going on. You can do it if that's what road you chose!
Terri, how did the injections go?
Looks like I don't have to do POI so happy about that and my GP has agreed to give me the depot injection, just trying to get my subscriptions sorted, they've scanned and emailed but I need originals to get a UK pharmacy to prescribe. x

Pussycat--I'd be curious about your thoughts on my day 3 numbers, which I just had done...

They didn't test estradiol or LH, though. Grrr. Dr didn't think they were good, but wasn't shocked, either.

FSH = 10.5
AMH = .165

HSG was good news, no blocked tubes. Yay!

I went for my bloodwork u/s today and my lining isn't as thick as they would like, so my transfer is delayed for now. Not sure by how long just yet. They are supposed to call me later, and I have to start taking blue estrogen pills vaginally 3x a day, which means blue discharge. Watch out smurfs! Gross..Anyway, I will do whatever it takes. My injections aren't that bad. Yesterday I think I hit a capillary near my butt as I had four drops of blood (usually there is only one bead on my behind), so I had the nurse redraw the cirlce and I realized I was a bit too low, in the round part of my butt. hee hee. I wanted to ease the pain when actually, I'm still sore today and when I do it in the right spot I'm not sore. So...one mistake so far out of four or five injections. Not too bad. And it's every three days, so also not bad.

Vonn-I hope I remember to get my paperwork when i get home to compare your results.

kaysbc-Sorry the witch got you. Time to try again...you're not alone. :hugs:

Hi Vonn,
I think some places may measure things differently, but not sure. When I had my day 3 tests done in May 2012 (I was 42) they were:
FSH: 6.4
AMH: 10.9
Sept 2013:
FSH: 5.8
AMH: 1.9

When I asked I was told FSH was good as they like it to be below 8. I'm afraid AMH is not such good news. The higher the number the better, it drops with age (ie you have fewer eggs left) hence the sudden large drop in the space of 18 months for me. By the time it was 1.9 and had tried one more IVF they said the chances of success for me with IVF was less than 5%. So I'm afraid if yours had been measured on the same scale it's not great news, however please don't take my word on that. Your consultant should explain the results fully. I'm really sorry if that's not what you were expecting me to say and I really hope you can get a firm answer. Have a look at this https://www.ivf.org.uk/media/54656/How-is-ovarian-reserve-assessed.pdf x

Pussycat--Honesty is good. I think it's very important for us all to be positive and hopeful but also realistic about this process. I do know that in terms of AMH, US numbers are calculated differently than UK/Australia numbers. I'm not sure how to translate between them, but I do know that US AMH results are much lower.

I had a CD 10 scan today and my follicle and lining look very good (I was shocked!), so I may trigger tomorrow night for an earlier ovulation (CD 13) than I usually have (CD 19, 17, 15). I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

thanks for sharing your numbers gals!
Back in April 2013 my
FSH was 12
Estradiol 30
AMH .24

These are US numbers and I have no idea really what an "ideal" range is for any of them. They must be different than other non-US numbers since I've seem many other women post numbers like pussycats. I can't believe you can have a AMH number between 1-10 when I'm not even reaching 1 yet. Must be a different scale?

I've thought several times about asking my RE if I can have new blood drawn to see if the numbers have changed. But then I think, re-testing will just make me worry because now that I'm a year and a half older how could my numbers not be worse?

terri, sorry to hear about your delay. :(

Vonn, not really sure if the acupuncture and herbs helped my LP get back to normal. I believe in acupuncture whole-heartedly but there is no way to tell cause-effect like that. I would say nothing was remarkably different in my life except the new herb program and whatever my acupuncturist did differently. But that doesn't mean anything. Since nothing was different in my life either when my LP started freaking out. Sometimes I just accept the fact that my body will do whatever it wants sometimes, and trust that I am making the right choices on this path of mine.

Hi ladies, yes my numbers are UK where the scale goes up above 40 (not sure how high), does this help with US scale: https://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

thanks pussycat, that is a great link! super informative!

Yes, thanks sharing this link! It would have been nice if they didn't cut the age range off at 35. Most ppl under 35 aren't the ones with ovarian reserve problems, so not sure why they wouldn't include an interpretation for 35+. Hello, we are out here trying to have babies!

Hello Ladies
I don’t believe I’ve missed so many post in the last couple of days! I’m feeling left behind her here

I’ve posted this morning but it all disappeared just as I was going to submit it : (

Here we go again!

Pussycat, I got my AMH results on wednesday. It was 8.7 which is better than what the consultant had expected for my age (42). He said a couple of ladies he saw earlier was on 4 and they are 33 yrs old. Theres lots of factors that determines the success or failure of a cycle, I think especially egg quality for us older ladies. I’m taking Co Q10 to help with that. I’m not sure if it works but I feel better taking them because at least something about it and makes me feel more in control. All in all I think it’s nice to have higher ovarian reserve but if the egg quality is good, we’re still in for a chance.

We also went to the Gyno (referred by GP to see if we’ll get IVF on the NHS). I knew they’re going to say no, but I make the opportunity to ask for all the blood work we need prior to seeing our IVF consultant : ) he he. For a change she was very nice and as no hesitation in rising out the blood tests I asked for, even those that she wasn’t sure if it’s on the NHS.

Pussycat, Thanks for the reassurance on the injections. Now that we’ve decided on doing IVF, I’m freaking out over the whole process of injections, scans and the side affects. We’ve decided which clinic we’re going for but it’s hard. We decided on a clinic and then I’ll read something on the internet and I’ll doubt my decision….I think it’s because time is of the essence for us and it seems everything hinges on the selection of the clinic to determine our success….I think I’ll just have to hold my nerves, stop reading, and just go for it!!

Kay, good news on the long LP!! I think Acup and herb will def play a part. My DH and I did acup and herb for 6 months earlier this year. My DH sperm test went from very average to being excellent! He’s just ad another test done couple weeks ago and it was just a borderline pass….we’re convince it’s because we’ve stopped doing Acup and herbs.

Great update Weezy! How soon do you think you'll start the IVF process?

I went in today for my lining check and all systems are go. My transfer is scheduled for the 10th, and then, I wait.

Terri
Is this the uterus lining check before transfer? Brilliant news!!
I've got everything crossed for you! :xmas12:
Lets hope you'll give us all some good news before christmas. We need something to lift our spirit.
We're hoping to have our consultation before christmas and then cycle in January. I'm self employed, so I've finished my contract at xmas and won't bother looking for work until this is done. Putting all my concentration on de-stressing and relaxing:xmas16:

Yes..I went in on Tuesday and it wasn't thick enough, so I had to take some pills to boost it. Went back today and all is well.

Sounds like a good plan for starting in January. I can't wait until you get started!

Weezy, your AMH sounds great for your age! Don't hang around sort out that IVF! Also great that there's even a chance of IVF, I think they changed the law a couple of years ago to increase the upper she limit to 42, the year I turned 42 .... Fingers crossed for you!
Terri, great news! They must be happy with your lining development and you have 5 days to go! xx

yay terri! good luck! its coming right up!

great update weezy! this will be exciting to start IVF!

I was told that my AMH is not great but better than expected for a 42 year old :blush:
I should have had my O late last week/weekend but I didn't get a proper OPK positive (was lighter than the test line for 2 days) and my bbt temp hasn't had the hike that I usually have. Now I'm wondering if it's because I started taking Co Q10 couple weeks ago (I increased dosage gradually, form 100mg to 200mg, 300mg and now 400mg). Not sure if I should stop as I don't want to jeopardise my chances of IVF.
I spoke to a consultant on the fertility show and he said it'll be fine to take Co Q10 and recommended where I should get them and what dosage to take (same as the place you recommended Pussycat, thank you). :shrug:

Hi ladies, how's everyone doing? Weezy, I think with AMH levels it's all relative to age, so although it may not be great for a younger lady, for your age it is relatively good and that puts you in the best possible position you can be in.
Just had another 'non discussion' with DH re this process where he thinks he's being supportive but really showing no interest and no emotional support whatsoever. Yes he has some other very big things going on in his life right now, but is it selfish for me to wonder when there will be room for me? Sometimes I think that's the mistake I've made all along in assuming one day there will be...

Pussycat-Aww...sorry to hear you're feeling down about your DH's interest. I think they just don't get it. Although some never really get it, and it's up to us, but you have others right there with you, cheering you on when you do finally get that BFP. I know mine says he'll be excited when the baby gets here, but what about the other 1.5-2-infinty years we have spent working on this. Know what I mean? They just don't understand.

BUT! Your day will be here soon enough and then maybe he'll get it. :hugs:

Nothing going on around here, that's for sure. tick tock tick tock. :juggle:

Thanks Terri, I know I'm being a little bit selfish as he really does have some major crap going on. However we have to fit this in and you're right he just doesn't get it.
Sorry there's nothing going on with you, enjoy Christmas and look forward. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->