40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but AF is 5 days late. I'm waiting another few days before I POAS because I'll need to start progesterone if I get a BFP. I don't want to start that too early and delay AF.
5 days is significant to me even if there is no BFP. My GP was suggesting that my steadily shortening cycles was perimenopause. I believe my cycles were influenced by depression (death of my mum) and general down feeling.
This would mean that for the last 4 cycles I've gone from 23 days to 29 days and a LP of 6 days to 14 days.

bella--This sounds promising! How exciting!! Are you having any symptoms?

I'm not sure I'd wait any longer to POAS. Your embryo/uterus needs progesterone to sustain a pregnancy, so if you need to begin supplementing it should happen asap in order to keep the pregnancy viable. Without enough progesterone, an early mc is possible. :test::test::test:

Hey Bella, I completely agree with Vonn. If you are pregnant (and let's hope you are!), then you need progesterone, though I guess you must have adequate levels as implantation won't occur without it? Good luck! x

Pussycat-Good luck tomorrow! How many are you having transferred? Let us know when you can that everything is ok. Have a great weekend!

Thanks Terri! Not sure how many, I was set on 2, however it depends on how many I get. If only 3, should I go for 1 and freeze 2, or put everything into this and have 2, I'm not sure if they'd freeze 1. This is our last go (unless there are frosties), DH won't go through this anymore and I can understand as this will be our 8th cycle, even I have to draw a line somewhere, especially as we have to pay for everything. So wish me luck ladies! xx

Pussycat--Sending you GL vibes! So exciting! If you are okay with the possibility of twins, then I say put 2 in. I'm sure they'd save 1 frosty, wouldn't they? :dust::dust:

BFN this morning, and no sign of AF. Mucus that I normally have the day or days before isn't there. yet. May not be a BFP but it's still a positive for me 14dpo and no flo is huge for me!

I'm younger than you and I had three put back for both of my fresh cycles and I think two for my frozen cycle. My doctor recommended that for my age(40). If you have three, I would confidently try two if they are willing to freeze one. If they won't freeze one, I say go balls to the walls and do all three. If this is your last chance, I wouldn't leave one out there because you may doubt after the fact. Putting all three back is a cheap way to do a viability check.
This time we are doing that genetic testing to see if something has been wrong wih our embies before putting them back. I hope it works for both of us!

Bella-remain positive. I'm excited that AF isn't here yet. Do you temp? Things are sounding promising!

I don't temp in the traditional sense.
I have the tendency to obsess, so temping makes me so obsessed and anxious I start having insomnia. Ovusense is a godsend for me because I can temp and not have to think/worry/obsess about it. The only downside is once ovulation is confirmed, you stop using ovusense for that cycle. There is a German temping device that's also inserted that I wish I had found before I got the ovusense. It's just a temping device and not so much an analyzing device.
I am ever so tired and have had night sweats the past two nights, but I get that with AF too so it's not a real indicator.

A day late, but HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my lovely TTC ladies!
:flower: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :flower:

Pussycat and Bella--thinking of you both and hoping to hear good news!

The lady at the lab customer service that is friendly (unlike the other one) was back on Friday, but my AMH wasn't back yet. I popped in to do some work this afternoon and she had gotten it, printed me out a copy, and faxed a copy to my doctor! Will have to wait and see what new RE says about this, looks about the right level for my age, I guess. I did a little googling, but not too thrilled with what I see. Guess it means I don't have PCOS, so there's that. I wasn't going to use my own eggs if I went to IVF anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter what the AMH is.

AMH/MIS result 0.81 ng/mL
expected range for age 40-49 years <4.5 ng/mL

Hello Ladies
How'a everyone?

Pussycat how many did you decide to put back in the end, fingers x for you, sincerely wish this will work for you

Belle, the late AF sounds very promising, I read that BFN do happen even after 5 days late. if AF hasn't arrive after a few more days, test again. Hoping it is your turn this month woohoo...

Vonn Happy Valentines, lovely lady : )

Jean, is this the American reading for AMH? mine was 8.2 for UK and that was suppose to be good for my age (42 years young)

Terri, so your AF is here...does that mean me and you are cycle buddies : )

Vonn, happy valentines back at ya!

Happy presidents day everyone in the USA and I hope you're lucky enough to not have to work!

I haven't lost hope, but I don't have much anymore..I just wish the darn witch would get here already. AF should have come and been done yesterday.
Tested again and got a BFN...now I've run out of tests which is good for me. I can't keep testing if I don't have any. I just have to stay clear of the *mart. I'll see if I last another week without flo...and then test again.

Weezy-Yup..I guess we are cycle buddies. Today is day four for me, so you're one day ahead, but close enough. How long are you taking BCPs for? I haven't checked my voicemail to get my nurse's message yet, but I will when I leave work in a few minutes. They are calling for snow later this evening, so I want to hit the drugstore and get my prescription filled. If it snows, I'm not leaving the house, so want to have my pills ready to go.

Hey ladies!
Bella, got everything crossed for you, however if it's not the news you want you need to cling onto that hope.
Weezy / Terri, good luck with your cycles, exciting to be at the start again!
Vonn, thanks for your kind wishes &#128522;
Jean, I'm not sure of the American scale but whatever the outcome you will be informed on how best to move forward.
So, I had a valentines day transfer of .... 1 perfect top grade hatchling Blast! The dr was very reluctant to put back more as the quality was so good (no fragmentation at all). We also have 2 more top grade blasts which have been frozen, that in itself is a huge bonus for me as I've never had frosties! We decided to go with the drs advice on 1, had it been my own old and crappy eggs I would def have had at least two, but these eggs are from a healthy 24 yr old lady and I've been taking extra meds to help with any potential immune issues. Transfer was 'complicated', first off my uterus is tilted and I'm pretty small down there. I had to get dressed after first attempt and drink loads more water to help see what was going on. Second attempt showed my inner cervix was closed, never had that before. It took a while and a tad uncomfortable but the dr was very good and she got there. I just hope it hasn't effected the outcome. After that I had to have my intralipids and that too was difficult, first IV line just wasn't right and very painful so a second nurse tried the other arm. This was a bit better so they started the infusion but after 20 mins or so it was really very painful and my arm was swelling, something clearly wasn't right. Then a third nurse (head one), stopped it as some of the infusion was leaking under my skin, so she tried again back in the other arm, thankfully this was fine. I now have a bruised and tender right arm and left arm red, tender and itchy. It's not a reaction to the meds as it was all fine first time, just that they ended up under the skin rather than in my veins! We then flew home Sat night, so all in all a full on day.
Been feeling a bit crampy most of yesterday and some of today so really hoping it's either implantation or just settling down after transfer. It's been a long time since I've prayed but stopped in a church in Brno and had a little chat with the big man.
Thanks for your support ladies, next 2 weeks will be long, bear with me!! xx

Pussycat (aka our PUPO friend)-Sounds great!! I forgot that the donor eggs are MUCH more able to implant than our "mature" eggs, so I'm really hopeful that all will be well. Sorry you had such trouble during the procedure, but it'll be worth it in two weeks! So, now if you test on your own, do you go to your regular OBGYN, or what? I'm so excited.

AFM-The snow started, and I went by the pharmacy earlier and they said they didn't have the BCP that I was prescribed, nor did they have an equivalent. The pharm technician called three other local stores to no avail, and I decided that I will just place an order and hopefully it can get here on tomorrow's truck-based on the weather. So I came home, went to my magic drawer and realized I had 1.5 weeks of BCP from last time. Why I saved them, I'm not sure, but now I don't have to go back to the drugstore in the snow tomorrow. I can go when I feel like it. Phew!!

Oh, Pussycat, thanks for the great update! Can't get any better than "perfect, top-grade," right?!? Sounds like there was a little drama, but you got your blast and have frosties to spare. So excited for the outcome after the TWW. We will be here for all the symptom spotting!:happydance:

Terri--Glad you can get started right away with your secret BCP stash! I wish I had a magic drawer. :winkwink:

Bella--Still holding out hope for you! :flower:

Weezy--Can't wait to follow you and Terri on your IVF cycles. Have you started BCPs yet? :dust:

Jean--Your AMH is way better than mine and I haven't totally given up hope for myself yet, so you shouldn't either! :hugs:

Cool Pussycat! Crossing everything for you here xx
Hello everybody else, keep up the good work!

Hello Ladies

Terri BCP means (Birth Control Pills right?). I've only been on it for 4 days. The consultant recommended me to take them on my 3rd day of AF. I'm going to get my first scan next wednesday and then I'll know when I can start down regulating. I'm on the long protocol. I didn't know you had to be on the pill for so long (at least 12 days) before anything can get going. If I known, I would have started taking them last month...this IVF thing is all too new for me.

Pussycat, brilliant update and brilliant news on the "perfect grade one" and a couple of frosties too. Despite being a bit battered, it's very exciting!!! We'll be here to stalk your every symptom. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->