40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Low on the CBFM this morning. Huh.

I'm kind of ticked off at scheduling at work. I told the one department last week that I will not be there Friday and I have a doctors appointment that morning. The doctor I work with there told me he usually just does these things I need to be there for on Thursdays and last Friday when they needed me was a rare thing because it was an inpatient. Ok then. I got my other department scheduler to mark me off and not schedule patients Friday morning (they had already scheduled one for Friday late afternoon, which is ok, I'll be back by then). Today, I finally was told there was a patient Thursday, THEN there was also a patient Friday at 10am. A couple hours later, I was told there was a patient Friday at 8am. My appointment at the RE is at 9am & it's 2 hours drive one way. So, luckily we have 2 other doctors working Friday, so one can do the first one, then she leaves at 9:30. The other doctor can't go down to the OR, but another tech will bring the stuff he needs back up to the lab. I am going to tell them a few things tomorrow because every single time I have an important appointment, even when I let them know weeks ahead of time, they schedule patients. We are already short staffed, so it just makes everything more stressful. My supervisor already said that I had the OK to be off and if they schedule these things with this short of notice (or no notice at all, for one particular doctor) and there's no one to go do it, then too bad. We weren't supposed to be doing this many in the first place, now it's taking up at least 1 or 2 mornings a week to do this particular procedure. Not like I don't already do enough, I do 6 different jobs, sometimes in a single day. I can't NOT be stressed. I can't get time off because we're short staffed and I can only take off for doctors appointments, then I have to immediately go back to work. It's so frustrating.

Jean, sorry work is tough. I know what you mean, seems like juggling work and treatment is just another stress we could all do without.
Vonn, how are the injections? Terrie is right, first few are always a bit apprehensive, but before you know it it becomes routine. Hopefully this will make all the difference for you!
x

Terri, how you doing? Any sign of AG?
Myonechance, you must be getting really close to test date, when is it? Have you had any symptoms? I'm desperately trying not to symptom spot but my positivity is slipping away as the cramping is here as it has been with every other cycle. I know that it can also be a good thing but in 9 cycles it never has been for me and these feels no different. I can't even speak to DH about this as he has enough on his plate, his sister is in end stage cancer and they told us yesterday they were withdrawing all treatment as she was now too weak and would be transferring her to a hospice. I suspect we have not much time left with her. She's 46. Life us so bloody unfair. x

Ugh..I just lost my post because I switched pages. grr..

Pussycat-So, so sorry to hear about your SIL. I don't know what to say except life is unfair. Enjoy your last days with her. :hugs:

Jean-Sorry you're having work troubles. Say f-it and go to your appointment. Your boss knows you have to leave, so leave. No one is going to give you a gold star in heaven because you missed your appt. to do some testing/take care of a patient. I'm serious. You take care of #1.

Gotta run.

I am feeling both ovaries doing things today, but the CBFM was still LOW this morning. It's strange, I've always had it go HIGH by day 11. We'll see what this ultrasound brings in the morning. Here's hoping to at least 3 good sized follicles! :dust:

Jean--GL with the scan. Can't wait to hear how your follicles are coming along.

Pussycat--I hope you get some good news when it's testing time. You and your family certainly deserves it. Hoping so hard for you that at least one bean sticks.

Thanks for asking about the injections. Definitely getting easier. Had to inject twice the past two nights because the med in the cartridge doesn't line up with my dosage amount. Tomorrow's the last one unless my scan the following morning doesn't show enough progress, then I guess I could get prescribed more.

Hi Terri!

Terri, how you doing? Any sign of AG?
Myonechance, you must be getting really close to test date, when is it? Have you had any symptoms? I'm desperately trying not to symptom spot but my positivity is slipping away as the cramping is here as it has been with every other cycle. I know that it can also be a good thing but in 9 cycles it never has been for me and these feels no different. I can't even speak to DH about this as he has enough on his plate, his sister is in end stage cancer and they told us yesterday they were withdrawing all treatment as she was now too weak and would be transferring her to a hospice. I suspect we have not much time left with her. She's 46. Life us so bloody unfair. x

Pussycat- Hey there :) I am very close .....like 12 hours away close...lol unfortunately its an out of state labcorp places so my dr won't get my results to me until monday....yikes.
Oh my goodness...I am so sorry about all your family is going through. 46 in hospice is just heartbreaking. Bless your family. I can understand you wanting to internalize all your emotions as to not upset your family :( It is EXACTLY what I chose to do.
As for my spotting symptoms...welll....im not sure they are the ones you want. All my HPT's the past 4 days have been positive but today I had decent cramping and bleeding with clots. so....chemical pregnancy?? we will see on the Beta tomorrow. I had already started calling the embie "her". As much as I can sit here and type calmly...if/when i get the call with the poor numbers I will need some definite alone time. Just because it was only 4 weeks...."she"was still my baby. God works miracles...so its not over until its over :)
My thoughts are with you and your family:flower:

Myonechance, I've got everything crossed for you. Have you done another HPT since the bleeding? I really hope it's not bad news. So difficult to have to wait till Monday, why can nothing be simple? Everything your feeling is totally how I'd feel, I've been making DH say hello to our two embies everyday, not even sure they're still there! It's not all over till the fat lady sings (and I'm feeling a little bloated so that could be me!).
I keep being told God works miracles but I'm afraid I struggle to see it, I try I really do but it's hard. x

myonechance-I hope the results come out positive!! Especially if you have positive HPTs. Are they super squinters or solid lines?

Pussycat-You're so funny. I used to ask my hubs if he said hi to the picture of our embies on the refrigerator. He doesn't even say hi or bye to the dog, so not sure what I was thinking..:wacko: I stopped bothering him after round two, and I said hi to them. HA!!HA!!

I think AF may be coming very soon. I did have a glob of thick CM the other day and that usually arrives prior to AF. I also feel a little off. I don't get bad cramps or sore breasts when she shows. I just feel hungry and not 100%. I was planning on waiting two more weeks, but if she comes in the next few days, I'll be so excited.

Well, I think this will be the last IUI. None on right again, one large 24mm on left and 2 smaller ones. Lining 16mm. Trigger tonight and IUI Sunday morning. Disappointing after doing 3 days of shots.

Lining 16? That seems like a lot, but what do I know... Hopefully with the trigger, the two smaller ones will be on the move and this will work. Sorry no follies showed up on the right. Do you know why they never show up on the right? :hugs:

Jean sorry it's not the news you want, but hopefully what you have are good ones. Agree with Terri, 16mm lining seems a lot. xx

Jean--GL on Sunday. You have one great one and that may be all it takes!

Chance--I hope you get amazing news on Monday. A long weekend of waiting, though! Fx, fx, fx the bleeding stops.

Pussycat--It is so hard to stay focused on the positive. You are doing great & you're almost there! When do you test?

Terri--yay for globby cm. The things we get excited for, right?!?! A fresh start is just around the corner.

AFM--Day 7 ultrasound tomorrow. I'm curious to see what the cysts are like.

Hey Vonn, hope this cysts aren't too big or troublesome.
Terri, you want AF she doesn't show, you don't want her and she's there like the witch she is. Fingers crossed she shows soon.
Onechance, hope you've got a busy weekend to keep you occupied.
Test day is 11th, doubt I'll break before then as I have a couple of work things I need to stay focused for. However cramping has pretty much gone and I'm feeling tired but really good. Every other cycle I've had serious cramping the entire 2WW, So I have no idea whether it's 👍 or 👎 but I'm feeling more positive than I was. xx

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said 16mm. I just looked at my online chart & it hasn't been updated with numbers yet. He never tells me the size of the smaller follicles, the lady RE does. I also see he is the one doing the IUI Sunday, so I guess it will be more painful just with the damn speculum. She's much more gentle and I like her better. There's a third RE there, but I think he only does the IVF procedures because I've only seen him in scrubs & surgical garb and not really seeing patients in the office.

Oh, and I just used up my Health Savings Account money prepaying for the IUI. Great.

Edit: just stabbed myself in the thumb accidently when doing trigger shot. Hurt way worse than the injection! I also did OPK before the shot & it's positive. Got a smiley on the other one, so I guess the timing is about right.

myonechance-I hope the results come out positive!! Especially if you have positive HPTs. Are they super squinters or solid lines?

Pussycat-You're so funny. I used to ask my hubs if he said hi to the picture of our embies on the refrigerator. He doesn't even say hi or bye to the dog, so not sure what I was thinking..:wacko: I stopped bothering him after round two, and I said hi to them. HA!!HA!!

I think AF may be coming very soon. I did have a glob of thick CM the other day and that usually arrives prior to AF. I also feel a little off. I don't get bad cramps or sore breasts when she shows. I just feel hungry and not 100%. I was planning on waiting two more weeks, but if she comes in the next few days, I'll be so excited.

Terri- Thanks for the good vibes. All the HPTs I took all week were def NOT squinters. They were pretty impressive. then..Up until this morning. This morning is faint almost a squinter. Tonights is even less :cry:
Now I wait until monday to get the Beta result since the results weren't sent to the RE office in time. I know it will be low but i want to know.

I cringe now at the thought, because my DH has been daily kissing the picture of the embryo they put inside me. its in a cute frame card. I feel like a failure. I've got to got to go to bed. I need sleep.

Pussycat-

Well, if my lining is that thick and I don't get pregnant, I will expect a hellacious visit from AF. Who knows, he might have measured it wrong or I misheard him.

So, thinking ahead, is the FET transfer pipette similar to the IUI one? I am just trying to get an idea in my head of what that will be like. I know if I'm not responding to these drugs now, I probably won't respond well to stimming for IVF, so it will just be a waste of time, money, and energy. Having my own genes carried on has not been my top priority in this, I just wanted to try and see if it was possible. If I do get pregnant with my own biological child, I will just be worried constantly about whether they inherited a heart defect or autoimmune disease from my side of the family, then if they do, I will feel guilty about that. I've been thinking about it for 20+ years, it's one of the reasons when I was younger (besides financial reasons) I didn't freeze my eggs (I would've had to use donor sperm & create embryos back then, they didn't freeze eggs here until recently, then it wouldn't be fair to my future partner(s)).

I think the transfer pipette is longer because the place it in your uterus. With IUI I don't think it goes in as far, but the procedure is basically the same except they look at the ultrasound while doing it and place the embryo. It's more of an exact science. With IUI they just shoot it in there and hope for the best.

Myonechance-it might have been the trigger you were seeing so don't count yourself out. A lot of places recommend not testing the trigger for that very reason. I hope all comes out positive!

Hey ladies, I hope you are all ok?
Jean best of luck today, it only takes one so stay positive. As for ET if you have no issues with IUI you'll be fine, it's very straight forward. The only reason I had anaesthesia is I have a stupid super sensitive cervix that sometimes remains closed so they can't pass the cathete, for most ladies it is a quick and easy procedure. Using DE is far less invasive and you simply have to sync your timings with your donors, hopefully it won't come to that but I'm happy to answer any questions if I can.
Vonn, how was your scan?
MyOne, you're nearly through the weekend, I'm with you on this seagull waiting game.
Terri, how you feeling?
Hope everyone else is good and I haven't missed anyone?
AFM, it's a beautiful day here in England and I'm sitting having coffee by the sea in the sunshine (decaf of course). Ironic as everything else is pretty ugly at the moment. Spent the day at the hospital yesterday, SIL is slipping away and it's so painful to watch. So much quicker than we thought, no time to transfer her to the hospice for the calm and peaceful end we'd hoped for, we expected a call in the night but it hasn't come so we'll go back today. She wants to go and the best thing would be for it to come quickly.
With regards to TTC I've been feeling great up to yesterday when I got classic PMS, cramping and that feeling that 'she's' in her way, not so bad today but still aware. I know that this can be a good thing but I can't get my hopes up with everything else that's going on, if I did the crash would be too hard if it's not good news and I need to be strong for my family right now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->