(44) Little Presents - Due in December 2013

So since I haven't had any blood test or scan and don't yet have true pregnancy symptoms I've been using pregnancy tests to help ease my mind by seeing them get darker... So far every couple days the line has gotten darker :happydance: I will take that as a good sign. I know something could still happen even though my hcg is increasing, but I figure there is a good chance everything is going as it should.

Here are my tests from today and 2 days ago. The top one was on Tuesday and bottom today (Thursday) I want you ladies to give me your opinion. Both tests seem like the lines are very close, but me and DH think the one from 2 days ago, the control is slightly darker then test. Then the one today (bottom) it looks like the test is slightly darker then the control, meaning my hcg is definitely increasing :happydance:

Do you guys see the same thing???

Attachments

• IMG_8254 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_8254 (Medium).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8255 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_8255 (Medium).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi all I'm not due in December but I had my dd2 December 22nd,2012 and just wanted to pop in and say congratulations and sticky baby dust to u all.

DHB - yeah, I'd say the test line is darker than the control line. I had that happen with a test I took 2 days ago. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

im now 6weeks PG n still havent got any signs of being pregnant at all are any off u ladies got signs.....this is mi 3rd pregnancy with the first i had MS all day every day till he was born , with the second i had MS in morn for the first 12 weeks then bad cravings but this one absolutly nothing how wierd cant wait to go for scan and see if all is ok

I'm confused by my dates now.

My dates by LMP is 5 weeks today.

I had a weird ovulation, I had 5 days of OPKs, and I always thought you should go by the first +opk, but FF has put me a dotted line on my last day of OPKs (I didn't actually temp, just kept track of whats going on) which means I would have tested at 8,9 and 10 dpo, which would explain the feint but defo positive HPTs.
Which date would you use?
I was also looking forward to doing a digi tommorow, but I'm worried it won't pick it up yet, if I'm actually only 4+1 instead of 5 weeks.
I suppose a digi would give me some better idea of my dates though??

a digital is just an indicator; it goes by the amount of HCG in your urine at any given time. But as Galvanbaby said recently, the normal HCG levels for around 5w is from 10 to 600 or something like that; the levels overlap too much to be able to tell really. And some people's levels rise faster than others, so who knows?

I was always told to BD as long as you're getting a positive OPK. A positive OPK is simply a surge of LH (luteinizing hormone), so if you had 5 days of positives, you had a really long surge. The surge then causes the release of the egg, so technically you can ovulate anytime from the first positive OPK, until 48 hours after the last one.

Because you weren't temping it's hard to know, but I'd assume you were more like 4+1 simply because the surge usually comes BEFORE ovulation, and shouldn't continue after it. Do you know what I mean? I don't think you would have carried on getting positives for 4 days after you ovulated, so I think you would have ovulated towards the end of your positives.

DHB - yeah, I'd say the test line is darker than the control line. I had that happen with a test I took 2 days ago. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

It is a great feeling! Like I said it may be silly but it gives me some reassurance :thumbup:

im now 6weeks PG n still havent got any signs of being pregnant at all are any off u ladies got signs.....this is mi 3rd pregnancy with the first i had MS all day every day till he was born , with the second i had MS in morn for the first 12 weeks then bad cravings but this one absolutly nothing how wierd cant wait to go for scan and see if all is ok

I'm the same way so far. No real symptoms, maybe some bloating, gas, decreased appetite, etc. but nothing severe that makes me feel pregnant. Since I've had bloating and gas plenty of time in my life while not pregnant. As long as everything is going fine in there, I guess we are lucky so far :shrug:

I'm confused by my dates now.

My dates by LMP is 5 weeks today.

I had a weird ovulation, I had 5 days of OPKs, and I always thought you should go by the first +opk, but FF has put me a dotted line on my last day of OPKs (I didn't actually temp, just kept track of whats going on) which means I would have tested at 8,9 and 10 dpo, which would explain the feint but defo positive HPTs.
Which date would you use?
I was also looking forward to doing a digi tommorow, but I'm worried it won't pick it up yet, if I'm actually only 4+1 instead of 5 weeks.
I suppose a digi would give me some better idea of my dates though??

I'd say just stick with the LMP for now. Once you have had a scan we can always update it. I had my first + on a digi at 3w+5 so you could very well get a + on a digi by now :flower:

So since I haven't had any blood test or scan and don't yet have true pregnancy symptoms I've been using pregnancy tests to help ease my mind by seeing them get darker... So far every couple days the line has gotten darker :happydance: I will take that as a good sign. I know something could still happen even though my hcg is increasing, but I figure there is a good chance everything is going as it should.

Here are my tests from today and 2 days ago. The top one was on Tuesday and bottom today (Thursday) I want you ladies to give me your opinion. Both tests seem like the lines are very close, but me and DH think the one from 2 days ago, the control is slightly darker then test. Then the one today (bottom) it looks like the test is slightly darker then the control, meaning my hcg is definitely increasing :happydance:

I think you're right; the test line from the most recent is darker than the control :)

I have been using leftover ICs since I got my BFP, but this morning I used a FRER (photo attached below) and got a test line WAY darker than the control line - did NOT expect that!

Attachments

• DSCF5149.jpg
    DSCF5149.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5

I think you're right; the test line from the most recent is darker than the control :)

I have been using leftover ICs since I got my BFP, but this morning I used a FRER (photo attached below) and got a test line WAY darker than the control line - did NOT expect that!

Wow that's awesome! I hope to see mine that dark soon :flower:

LAdies, I am cramping horribly this morning. They start in my stomach and go down my thighs. They feel like really bad AF cramps. I have a bad feeling about this. :cry:

LAdies, I am cramping horribly this morning. They start in my stomach and go down my thighs. They feel like really bad AF cramps. I have a bad feeling about this. :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that :cry: You have an u/s tomorrow right? I hope everything turns out ok! I know I have had some cramping on and off for days now, I don't usually get horrible cramps for af, these don't feel the same necessarily but they are near the same intensity. I'm not doubled over or having to take anything for the pain, but they are definitely noticeable. I'm thinking its just my uterus expanding and growing causing them. Could it be really bad gas pains? I think some of what I have had is due to that. I can tell my digestive system is not running the way it usually does, it feels a lot slower.

GL tomorrow at your u/s, keep us updated! :flower:

Well, the cramps have disappeared. That is crazy, but I have hope again. I will hold on to this little grain of hope. It might be intestinal pains, my digestive system is a little slow too. LOL the fun of pregnancy! I love it though. I will take anythign and everythign this baby throws at me and not complain.

My SIL who found out she was pregnant about a month ago. Who made it clear she did not want this baby by complaining about being pregnant and not wanting it, found out she is having twins!! She is so mad, I just wanted to knock the shit out of her last night. I would kill to not have to worry as much about my pregnancy and to know that not only one, but both of my babies are doing great.

Seriously? I hate people like that; be grateful at least. Those babies didn't choose to be conceived, and perhaps she should have been a bit more careful if she was so against having a baby :growlmad:

As for you; I'm sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment. I've never cramped like that in pregnancy, but it would scare me too. Even the subtle cramps make me second guess things. I really hope your scan shows growth tomorrow. Good luck; we're all thinking of you :hugs:

Thanks Lara! I love your new avatar. Your kids are so cute!!

When she found out she was pregnant, she was liek how did this happen. I told her duh you had unprotective sex! She kind of didn't like my response. I think she was looking for sympathy, but how can I sympathize when she has what I have tried for over a year to get and she doesn't want it.

Thanks GalvanBaby :)

I agree with you. If she'd been taking precautions I'd think differently, but to say those things and act that way when she (it seems) didn't actively try to prevent a pregnancy... does she know you have been trying for over a year?

That's so frustrating :growlmad: I will also take whatever I can get, boy, girl, twins, triplets, doesn't matter to me! Sure I may have a preference, but the second I find out either way I will be ecstatic. Does she know you have been trying for a while? Why of all people would she complain anywhere near you about being pregnant/having twins? That seems very inconsiderate :growlmad:

I agree, even the small cramps I get worry me, its so hard not to be worrying about every little thing :wacko:

When we first started TTC#3 I was desperate for a boy; we have two girls already, and we've always wanted to be parents to both genders. But as each cycle passed I lost that urge, and then I just wanted to be pregnant; with any gender; I didn't care. I still don't care; I actually love the thought of having a third girl. I could never sound so ungrateful though; you never know who's having trouble conceiving :(

I agree with you. If she'd been taking precautions I'd think differently, but to say those things and act that way when she (it seems) didn't actively try to prevent a pregnancy... does she know you have been trying for over a year?

Yes, she does know. I had a tubal reversal last year. They all know. OH is the kind of person who as soon as we had a BFP test, he was telling mama and she told everybody. Well, we have had 2 CPs so she knows all about our problems and all the meds I ahve been taking to get pregnant. I told OH if we lose this baby, I will be staying away from his mom's for a while because I won't be able to see her and her negativity about her wonderful blessing without going off. I pray this baby sticks and we have our little TR miracle in December. Cheri22 said we are having a girl.

We can't agree on girl names, but have for a boy. Oh's name is Miguel. So, we decided on Miguel Zayden. We want him to have a middle name and OH doesn't. Now, we need a girl's name we both like. I like exotic names, hence Zayden and he likes regular names. I think we will do a regular name and an exotic name. Ahh eventually she will have her name. LOL

When we first started TTC#3 I was desperate for a boy; we have two girls already, and we've always wanted to be parents to both genders. But as each cycle passed I lost that urge, and then I just wanted to be pregnant; with any gender; I didn't care. I still don't care; I actually love the thought of having a third girl. I could never sound so ungrateful though; you never know who's having trouble conceiving :(

My parents had 3 girls, I'm the middle one. We are all super close, we usually hang out twice a week! They are my best friends and always have been :flower: One thing nice about having all the same gender is I think GENERALLY they get along better/ have more in common, especially when older. Not to say that different gender siblings can't be as close or that ALL same gender siblings get along, but in my experience and my families/friends cases it has been the same gender siblings that get along best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->