(44) Little Presents - Due in December 2013

Please add me for December 12!

I have my first ultrasound on Thursday. This is our rainbow baby after our loss in January, so we're looking for some great news!

So far symptoms are just being exhausted and hungry. I'm beginning to get sick when my stomach is empty now. Nothing extreme yet, but they're slowly growing on me.

We told the rest of our family and friends yesterday, so now everyone officially knows. Glad to not have to try and keep things a secret, I love talking about pregnancy and babies!

How exciting! Congrats! I feel the same way, I totally understand other people wanting to wait to tell anyone, I just can't. I thought I was going to burst yesterday when we were hanging out, but I want to tell them all at the same time tonight. I can't wait! I literally have butterflies in my stomach, I'm sure my dad is going to tear up, he did when we announced our engagement a couple years ago, and my mom is going to be ecstatic! She can't wait to be a grandma for the first time!

I'm glad I'm not the only one not feeling tons of symptoms already. I know it is still very early, I've heard women not really feel anything till 6 or 7 weeks in. I'm still temping and it's still slowly rising and my pg tests still keep getting darker and darker, so that makes me feel good :thumbup:

GL on Thursday for your u/s! :flower:

I always get morning sickness early. With my first daughter, I found out I was pregnant because I had to run out of the grocery store after seeing raw meat. I sent DH back in for a pregnancy test and boom, I was 4 weeks pregnant exactly.

That sounds like fun, I hope you get some great pregnancy reactions! Now that I'm on my third pregnancy, it seems less exciting to most. Which stinks, because I'm just bursting with excitement!

Aww..im sure #1 usually gets the biggest reaction, especially #1 in the family, on both sides, between me and my husband we have 3 sisters and we are the first to get pregnant. I'm sure my family was most excited for my older sister too... Us later babies get shafted lol

It is an ectopic, on my ovary. I am waiting on betas to see if it will be surgery or methtrexate to remove it.

It is an ectopic, on my ovary. I am waiting on betas to see if it will be surgery or methtrexate to remove it.

So sorry Galvan, I know exactly what you must be going through big :hugs:

regarding telling family...its exciting!! But the reaction def wasn't the same this time as it was the first time...my DD was the first grandbaby (and still is the only) on both sides...my mom said...well thats going to make your life more complicated. Mainly because I have a year left on my PhD and I have alot of work to do and of course a toddler to look after. But on the positive we have a great live in nanny (my SIL) so lots of help!

regarding symptoms I firmly believe they happen right after implantation...cramps...fatigue, for me lots of dizziness and crazy headaches....I started getting constipation with DD around 4 weeks and MS at 5 weeks.

We told OH's parents today. We found a "Born in 2013" sleepsuit in Next, so we took it in the plastic bag and said "look what we found in town today", and just handed MIL the bag as if it was nothing. She looked at it for a few moments before looking back at us and asking if it was for OH's cousin (who had a baby a couple of weeks ago). We said no, and she took another few moments before she realised it was for us.

This is our third, and as far as everyone was concerned, we weren't going to have more than two. My MIL was over the moon, and got straight on the phone to her mum to tell her too. FIL just said "OMG" in a really non-excited way. He's OH's stepdad; we treat him like their biological grandfather, but we don't think he feels the same way. I think today confirmed that for us. But whatever; my MIL is the one that matters, and she's beyond excited.

Telling my dad when he flies in at the end of the month, and telling my mum via Skype the following week

Hi ladies! My due date is dec 15! My first appt and ultrasound is Thursday :happydance:

This is number 2 for us. We started ttc last July. I had a chemical in August and in march I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Three weeks after starting thyroid meds I got my bfp!

Congrats to everyone!

Oh no galvan I am so sorry:cry: I can't imagine what you must be going through right now.

Hi ladies! My due date is dec 15! My first appt and ultrasound is Thursday :happydance:

This is number 2 for us. We started ttc last July. I had a chemical in August and in march I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Three weeks after starting thyroid meds I got my bfp!

Congrats to everyone!

Can't wait to see how your ultrasound goes on Thursday and what you can see, as I'm going in the day after you.....

regarding telling family...its exciting!! But the reaction def wasn't the same this time as it was the first time...my DD was the first grandbaby (and still is the only) on both sides...my mom said...well thats going to make your life more complicated. Mainly because I have a year left on my PhD and I have alot of work to do and of course a toddler to look after. But on the positive we have a great live in nanny (my SIL) so lots of help!

regarding symptoms I firmly believe they happen right after implantation...cramps...fatigue, for me lots of dizziness and crazy headaches....I started getting constipation with DD around 4 weeks and MS at 5 weeks.

I guess it just varies woman to woman, I'm sure the symptoms I have are all pregnancy related, but because I have experienced them in my life without being pregnant, they don't make me feel pregnant, if that makes any sense. I want the sore boobs, heightened smells, and (I'm going to regret saying this) morning sickness. :dohh:

We told OH's parents today. We found a "Born in 2013" sleepsuit in Next, so we took it in the plastic bag and said "look what we found in town today", and just handed MIL the bag as if it was nothing. She looked at it for a few moments before looking back at us and asking if it was for OH's cousin (who had a baby a couple of weeks ago). We said no, and she took another few moments before she realised it was for us.

This is our third, and as far as everyone was concerned, we weren't going to have more than two. My MIL was over the moon, and got straight on the phone to her mum to tell her too. FIL just said "OMG" in a really non-excited way. He's OH's stepdad; we treat him like their biological grandfather, but we don't think he feels the same way. I think today confirmed that for us. But whatever; my MIL is the one that matters, and she's beyond excited.

Telling my dad when he flies in at the end of the month, and telling my mum via Skype the following week

How cute, I was debating getting something like a Onsie that says "I love my grandma" or "worlds best aunt" etc. but I didn't want to just reveal it to one person with a gift, and if I gave something to everyone they would know something is up since we have told them about TTC. So I had to find something that would announce it to all of them at the same time. So I will use their Apple TV and show them some pics off my ipad. I'm a photographer so they shouldn't think it's weird that I want to do that. But hen I'm going to start showing pics of the Onsie and booties I bought ending with a pic that clearly states it since ,y dad may not get it :haha: here is one of them :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3

Congrats to everyone!

Welcome, thats awesome! I have added you :flower: looking forward to hearing about your first u/s! :happydance:

Anyone experienced any cramping? I've had some today.....

Yea I've had quite a lot, almost as if my period is abut to start, but after lots of googling etc I've found it's normal at this stage :) I panic at the slightest thing lol

Yea I've had quite a lot, almost as if my period is abut to start, but after lots of googling etc I've found it's normal at this stage :) I panic at the slightest thing lol

Yes! Me too! Definetly feel similar to AF cramps, which for me are usually pretty mild anyways. My doctor told me not to worry unless you are doubled over in pain or it is very one sided. It is our uterus expanding for out LO's :thumbup: I agree it's hard not to panic :wacko:

I've only started having them today, every now and then, don't like it as it makes me worry :(

I've only started having them today, every now and then, don't like it as it makes me worry :(

Yes me too! And sometimes if I stand up too quickly I get sharp pains but I remember having that with my son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->