4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Hey ladies had my first shift at the flu clinics. Busy busy! Mmmmm I want chocolate cake of any kind!! I'm with Ella saying your not out! Can't wait to see when you test!

Hmm... may have had a bit of spotting this evening. Think AF will come tomorrow evening or 11dpo. Blah.

How was first shift, Talia?

Yeah I was up late... hubby was getting up with Lucas today so I could :winkwink: I had just finished watching some programs - one of our soaps we like watching has special edition later episodes 1 week in the year, which don't start until 10pm and end at 11pm.
Feeling really tired today though and don't feel like doing anything - only got up at 11am aswell!! :blush:

How was your first shift Talia??? Did you enjoy it?

It was good! We spent the morning at a seniors lodge And the afternoon at the Chinese united church. I think we immunized about 300 people. It was pretty busy! Today I'm doing more inner city sites ( Boyle-McCauley) etc... I like it so far it's nice not to be running on your feet all day but I still came home exhausted!

Any time that you interract with lots of people it is normal to be exhausted . Glad glad it was good, though :) :flower:

And Ella, that's kind of neat that they air night shows as well :) I am sad that Doctor Who only has two episodes this year... sigh!

Good to hear you enjoyed your shift!! It's probably gonna be exhausting anyway considering that little bubba you're carrying around ,that's getting heavier every day!!

I noticed your temp went up a bit again today Caitlyn!! I'm definitely keeping things crossed for you!! Is it bad that I'm excited for you to be 11dpo tomorrow, cause you said you might test then??!!

I hate it when shows you like don't show a lot of episodes! I like watching Nikita but they're doing their last season this year and it's only gonna be like 6 episodes!! :cry: There have been quite a lot of shows I used to love watching that have been cancelled in the past year or 2.... Don't like it!!! :(

I still haven't heard from my midwife about the 20 wk scan... so I've decided I'll give her till like midday tomorrow and then I'll ring her again! I don't wanna be like almost 22 weeks before I get my scan! Was hoping when my parents come over I would be able to tell them what we're having, but they're coming over on the 19th, so that's like a week and a half away and have a feeling I won't get it booked that soon! :dohh:

Did you call them on Monday?? I'd def call today even so, that's getting ridiculous!

I'm feeling like absolute crap right now. I started to get dizzy and stuff on my last couple jabs of the morning. Lunch isn't sitting well, ugh. I hope the afternoon isn't bad. I'm here til 515 though... Yuuuccckk

Sorry you aren't feeling great, Talia, that sucks! And a dizzy nurse weilding a sharp object is never good lol... :winkwink:

Ella, I guess it is too late today but olease call first thing tomorrow when you get up! That is getting rediculous!

And sorry to let you down, ladies, but the spotting is very consistent which is what the day before AF is like for me. Tonight or tomorrow is DDay lol. So unless I am still spotting by tomorrow night, I won't be testing this cycle. On to the next :)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Talia!! Hopefully time will go fast and you can get home and relax!!

Caitlyn, don't say that!! :( We don't want new cycles! We want this one to last 9 months! :winkwink: Sorry if it didn't work this time!! :hugs:

It is definitely too late to call today, but I'll ring her tomorrow. I'm still gonna give her a couple of hours, but if I'm up early with Lucas I doubt I'll be able to hold out for too long, cause time always seems to go really slow early in the mornings!!

Just call her, Ella! She has made you wait long enough! That isn't good for your baby's health to not have any checks!

Sooo spotting went away... not sure what to make of it. Temp usually drops day of AF so guess the morning will be interesting... :)

Ya def call... First thing, there's no reason to give her more time. You need to get in!

Yay no spotting!! Ill be watching in the am!! Eeeeeee!!!!!

Feeling better after the afternoon.... Almost had a fight break out at the site we were immunizing at lol oh those types can be so unpredictable

So I rang my midwife again this morning, left her another message.... heard nothing back. I got fed up with the whole situation so I rang the community midwives office again, they didn't answer and I could only leave a message and they hadn't really been very helpful before so I didn't leave a message, decided I'd ring them again later. I realised that I had a phonenumber on the fridge, which I got from my GP surgery (for the midwife) to refer myself to the midwife. So decided I'd try that - worst they could do was say I had to ring a different number... BUT I spoke to a midwife there, told her I'd been trying to chase up my 20 week scan for a while now and nothing was happening. She said: oh a midwife needs to send a request to the scan department, they won't just make an appointment for you (I thought to myself: yes, I know that, so why isn't anyone booking my appointment??) She asked if I had my 12 wk scan, I said: yes, but that was in London and I've recently moved. So she asked whether I'd seen a mw yet and I told her I'm due to see her next week, but I'll be 19+5 by then. So she took my details and said she'll send it through to the scan department and I should get an appointment letter through the post!!!
:happydance: Hopefully it'll happen now!!! You KNOW I'm gonna be sleeping in front of the letterbox now!! :winkwink:

Hahah glad you got thru to them. It's so strange that they book it for you. Here as long as you have a prescription or a requisition for anything you can walk into any lab or X-ray/us clinic and get it done, even the same day with bloodwork. I hate waiting on other people. I'd rather just book myself!

I would probably be able to book it myself if I had the request from the midwife, but I didn't!
Bloodwork is easy here, they give you a little slip/note at the doctor's (like a prescription I guess) and you just walk in, sit and wait, give them the piece of paper and they do it for you!

Wish it was that easy for the U/S, but then again I'd still have to wait to see my midwife which isn't until next week!

Are you gonna test today Caitlyn?? Seeing as your spotting slowed down/stopped and your temp stayed the same???

Glad you finally got an answer, Ella! Let's hope they follow through this time! I am glad that here, like Talia said, they hand you a requisition and you book it. Sounds much easier.

So still in bed.. scared to go the the washroom and see blood this am lol. Temp stayed the same as yesterday though so that's good but broke and did a frer last night and nothing... so I dunno.

If no blood then I'll do my last test. If blood, well.... my temp is a big ol' tease then lol.

On a side note, wow! 200 pages and nearly 2000 posts!

Well I am spotting again so gunna wait until tomorrow for AF to actually be late.

I already spoke to you on FB, but again: Sorry you're spotting again!! :( Even if it's not too much! :hugs:
Keep us updated on what's happening!! :)

Yes, I will keep you updated for sure. Just wearing panty liners today... and may see if the dollar store has tests. The ones I go to tend to opt out of selling those.

cheapies are always good!! :winkwink: Test at will :haha:

I think this little bubba is starting to get more active now! I've been feeling him/her move quite a lot today!! And yesterday aswell, it's so nice!!!
I also love hugging hubby at the moment, cause when we do you can feel a little hard lump in between us :) It's nice to know it's growing as I don't really feel like I've got a bump yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->