4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Was it Lucas or Jay who screamed and had the weird dream? Either way that sucks. Im off to bed myself... almost one am and phone is pretty much dead. I had long nap earlier but really could have hone to bed an hour ago haha. Silly me.

Jay!! He tends to get startled quickly anyway when he sleeps and suddenly gets woken up. But he's on heart medication at the moment for his headaches (which seems to be helping! - slows his heart rate down, which causes less pressure in his head) and they can give you weird dreams apparently - not sure how that works haha. Anyway Jay totally freaked out! And made Lucas cry!!

Awww poor boys! I could definitely see that happening if you're having a crazy dream already! Must of scared the pee out of you waking up to that! Hope your legs feel better today!

Awwww poor Lucas. And poor you, probably nearly gave you a hear attack lol.

No I had already woken up... I thought it was quite funny though in the end, cause of Jay's girly scream! hahaha....

My legs are feeling better now. Feel pretty much normal :) As far as hat's possible :p

Jay picked up some paint for the nursery so we can paint the walls and then put the wallstickers up when it's dry!! Can't wait!!!

And we're having one of our favourite dinners tonight! Home made chicken pie (or chicken cake as Lucas called it :winkwink:) Basically just bits of chicken fillet cooked, with peppers, courgette, onion and mushrooms with some cream cheese in pastry - cooked in the oven for about 30 minutes or so! YUMYUM!!!

How are you girls doing?? I'm excited to find out your Beta's Caitlyn!! How is Rowan btw???
And how are you doing Talia? Getting excited to go on maternity leave? Have you got your hospital bag ready yet?? And how's your house coming along?? Or is that all sorted and are you all settled in already??

Ya I want betas! What's taking so long?! Lol

I work at the hospital tonight, boo I wish I was off work now lol I still have a ways to go. It's for the best to pack in as many shifts as I can now but man I just don't wanna do anything!! I haven't gotten bags packed or anything, my shower is this weekend so I think after that ill force myself to sit down and make a big list. We only stay at the birth centre for about 4 hrs so it shouldn't be too crazy! House is pretty much good, got a lot done on the weekend still random boxes here and there but it's all stuff that we don't use anyways, I'm sure ill be searching for things forever though lol

I am confused. .. you only stay at the birhing centre for four hours after baby is born you mean? Cause what if you labour for 24 hours?

And the betas are taking so long because they are waiting for tomorrow's draw lol.

Don't forget to keep in mind you might have to stay longer.... or labour might take longer than you think...... Also, bring more than 1 or 2 outfits for baby. Lucas was late and threw up so much mucus, so this time I'm making sure I bring quite a few changes of clothes with me - rather have too much than too little. Especially since it won't be too easy for Jay to go home and pick something up, whereas with Lucas we lived a 5 minute walk away from hospital.
Also you never know how big the baby is gonna be so some things might not fit....

I'm hoping to only stay for about 4 hrs aswell after having the baby but with Lucas it took longer, he was born at 7.38pm and I didn't get to the post natal ward until about 10pm, so then they kept us in over night cause they need to get checked over by the pediatrician which they didn't do until the afternoon the next day!!! :dohh: They were very slow in that hospital though. But I can't imagine going home in the middle of the night after giving birth... So if I give birth late in the evening or in the night then I'll probably stay till the morning, then get baby checked out and ready to go! Can't wait!!!

Ya I meant after the birth they send you home 4 hours after and then they do a home visit the next day... And you're both absolutely right, ill def bring more for baby than me! It's starting to sink in that's for sure!

I am so excited for you ladies!!! Baby time is so soon! Eeek! And I had Rowan at 10:11am and wasn't released until the next day after 1pm. I had so many stitches and had bleeding and swelling issues though, and Rowan pooped before birth, so they were keeping an eye on us. I hope to leave quicker this time. (!!! Guys, I'm pregnant! Hahaha)

yeah, my hospital was slow.... but I also had to stay a little longer cause Lucas wasn't feeding properly - cause he was just tired.... Can't be easy on a little baby getting squeezed by their home for 3 days and then getting pushed out! :haha: He just slept most of the night the first night and then the next day aswell. They made me express by hand and they sucked it up with a little syringe and sprayed it into his mouth.... Until they had SEEN me feed him they wouldn't let us go. We didn't get home till about 9pm the next night (so about 26hrs after he was born!)

Really hoping this one is a bit quicker! They said at the hospital yesterday that they recommend most people stay for a night so they can get comfortable with reading baby's cues etc. But I'm like: it's my 2nd baby, I'm sure I'll be alright... I'd rather be at home, where I'll be able to have Jay with me aswell to help! He IS allowed to stay at the hospital 24hrs if he wants to, but they said most husbands tend to go home for a few hours at least so they can sleep in their own bed. The ward was pretty small, there were 6 beds in the one we looked at and there was a chair next to the bed, but that BARELY fit next to it! So what happens when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night.... haha

Things still going well Caitlyn?? And you didn't answer (I think, unless I missed it) - how's Rowan doing???

He is okay. Reluctant to pee, by still does go on the potty so that's good... but has only gone three times today... complains that his back is sore.. has an appointment tomorrow morning with a urologist. Hopefully we can figure things out. He also still has the cold... and seems a bit constipated. Poor fella.

Appleseed! Woo! Kay going to bed, need to get up early. How are you ladies? Show me more pictures of baby stuffs!!

I will take some more baby stuff pictures when we've finished the nursery :)
Jay was gonna paint straight away when he got home yesterday, but he couldn't be bothered cause he'd been out all day! Then he decided to start doing it anyway after relaxing for a bit, but the roller needed washing out again first and obviously drying aswell then. He says he's gonna do it today....

Got some possibly good news though.... the people that are supposed to help him look for work (from the government that also pay us our benefits) told him to sign up with an agency and so he did. They have a contract with the council we live in. So he's now gone out to an 'induction day' and can possibly start some work on monday!! (no interview needed, as it's through the agency). And it could be a 12 week contract. And if they like him enough they can give him a permanent contract. So fingers crossed! Even if it's just for 12 weeks, it'll really help us out with money, as it would be 48 hrs a week for minimum wage and on top of that we'll still get some benefits to top us up and so we should have a bit more money than we do now!! :happydance:
And even if it wasn't for the money it would be really good for Jay to get back to work, cause he is NOT the type of person that's happy to just sit around at home. And I don't think it's doing me much good either.... not that I want him out the house, but it'll probably motivate me to do more stuff.
Either way, it's good!

Nice! That sounds like a fab opportunity and who doesn't need a bit of extra money ESP with baby on the way! Good for you guys!!

We definitely need extra money. Can barely make ends meet at the moment. Luckily baby isn't gonna cost too much, considering I'll be breastfeeding. Only thing we'll need for the first 6 months is nappies (as we've got all Lucas' clothes) and with Lucas potty training we are basically just swapping sizes instead of buying more nappies! Also, once baby is born we'll get an extra £40/£50 a month. So baby is not gonna be a problem. If we would have to buy everything again for this baby I definitely wouldn't have gotten pregnant!

Yay! That's awesome, Ella! A bit of extra money never hurt anyone haha! Yay :happydance:

On a side note, as some on who worked mixing house paint and talking to contract painters all day... don't wash the brushes or rollers if you are using the same colour again within about four days, instead cover them with plastic wrap or even a plastic bag or tin foil. No unneccesary washing :)

We hadn't used the roller for a while, not since we did Lucas' room and the other rooms. Which was in September/October I think! haha But thanks for the tip though! I'll tell hubby :)
Looks like we might only need one coat of paint, so when it's dry we can stick the stickers on!! Apart from the one that is like a sign which says Forest on it atm, cause Jay is gonna make that into saying Logan :)

Im excited to see that one finished! The sign that says Logan, that is!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on in a while and what a nice surprise to come back to! Congratulations Caitlyn!!!!!! That's awesome news!!!!

Wow, I can't believe how fast time is going and that you ladies are almost ready to "pop"! I can't wait to start buying things and putting a nursery together (have to clear out my craft stuff and re-arrange the house first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->