4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Oh and what about dryer sheets... I know you shouldn't use them with cloth but can I use them in other loads? I have a feeling some of the fuzzy blankets won't defuzz because of all the static if I don't use em... I'm planning on getting some dryer balls soonish

You can buy a stroller board (buggy board/ hitch hiker board) from amazon.ca - just had a look, but they seem really expensive! Might be better of getting one of those sit and stand strollers.... (had to google them aswell :haha:) I'd say that's probably a better option anyway as it seems easier....

No you can't use dryer sheets until you stop cloth diapering. It coats your dryer and in turn will coat the diapers and make them less absorbent. Get some dryer balls... and learn to deal with static haha. Sorry sweets ♡ And you dont need to get anything too crazy for detergents, we use Ecos for all of our clothes as it is cloth approved... but next time I may do Ecos for all clothes and Diaper Rocks (I think? Forget the name) for diapers as I need to strip my diapers and yeah... anyways... find something that works for you :) So so so happy you're cloth diapering! Or at least trying it out. ♡

And yeah, Ella. I think a sit and stand is probably my best bet... but I wont sell the one I have now, as it goes with the car seat I love and I just love the whole system... and Rowan *CAN* walk... just not certain if he will spazz and then it is just me with two kids and I'm outnumbered and ahhh cause I can't even throw em in a car and go, we have to bus haha.

6 weeks tomorrow Caitlyn!! YAY!!!
If we add our weeks together, yours and mine, we will be overdue, 40 +1 on friday! :haha:

I don't know anything about cloth diapering - never even thought about it before I had 2 friends that did it. But I really wouldn't be able to do that! Also, we don't have a dryer so I can't do too much laundry at a time as I won't have enough space to dry it! I've just filled my drying racks today so won't be able to do any more until late thursday afternoon or friday morning at the earliest! Depending on how quickly it all dries! (washed burp cloths and towels and some blankets today. All newborn clothes have been washed and ironed. Just gotta do some more blankets and his 0-3 month clothes, but like I said: I can't do too much at any one time so I have to do it in between our normal laundry aswell!)

I guess that would be a hassle with no dryer lol. Drying diapers on a line outside is actually best for them as the sun helps disinfect. But I haven't hung a line in my backyard as my doggy would probably think it was a game and pull it down haha. So we wash and dry in machines.

And yayyy 6 weeks tomorrow!! And yay being super close, Ella! :happydance:

My due date buddy in the September group just had a miscarriage :( So made me nervous again heh. Hurry and get in the clear, rainbow! Haha.

Try to stay away from the First tri boards at the moment..... I hardly went on there, just cause I didn't want to read all the bad stories cause I knew they'd freak me out!
You'll be fine!! Sorry your friend had a mc though :(

Ok I wasn't sure but I had heard it coats things.. I left our dryer sheets at the old house on purpose for that reason but I was hoping I could use em in between! Oh well! Do you use wool dryer balls? And I got a bottle of Allen's natural at my shower so ill be using that, apparently it's good for 128 loads of diapers. But I can do a mixed load with some things? And then ill just have to redo the natural fibre stuff a few extra times. I'm gonna go to two mothers tomorrow and get some more diapers and things! Can't wait, don't know what time but you're welcome to come if you want?

I stay away from first tri boards but this is just the September group. Oh well... guess all cannot be avoided. I will survive ;)

Have a meeting with the board of my co-op tonight... to "discuss our membership" whatever that means... I think they are pissed about Derek's son as he should be on a committee but is rarely ever home so he doesn't participate at all... But then it could be that Derek occasionally neglects the assigned tasks... gahh. Stressed.

Oh missed your post Talia. Yeah, you can't use any detergents or softeners that would affect your diapers at all as they coat your machines. And I just use the regular plastic dryer balls but have wanted to try the wool ones. And you can mix for now if you need to, but I always kept them separate. You definitely can't mix once they are used lol.

I'd love to go to two mothers but not sure if the bus goes that way... I will take a look. When were you thinking?

I could do the morning/lunch-ish or I was gonna go before my appt downtown at 6. I was gonna pick you up silly! If its morning I can drop you back home too, I have to be in terwillegar area around 2... Otherwise in the later afternoon I could still drive but I'd have to make sure we don't take too long so I'm not late for my appt :p

Ya I won't be mixing them once they're being used but I just feel like its such a teeny load to do!

They honestly need all the water you can get to clean them thoroughly so it isnt bad if it is a small load, really.

And I would have the car seat then, I will make sure Derek leaves it. So which ever works for you, but I may have bootcamp and I head that way around 2:30-3 ish

K I'm confused, would you be bringing Rowan to bootcAmp? Text me when you're up and at em... I'm pretty flexible, I'm meeting a friend at 2 in terwillegar so even that can be pushed back... Woot!

Lol I bring Rowan to my friend's, his wife watches Rowan while he and I go to bootcamp.

I am half up but Rowan isn't even close to up lol. But I can get him up in about an hour or so... depends on when you wanna go. Will text you soon, just have to run downstairs and see if Derek left the car seat.

Update: he did. Yay.

Perfect, I'm still in bed myself, we can go anytime, they only open at 10 anyways. But if your bootcAmp is later on and you wanna go we can go at 1 or something like that. No biggie... I should probably do some things around the house since I didn't yesterday!

Ella... you should move to Edmonton. Nod.

haha.... I think I'm good here :p Glad Jay finally has a job and we get some decent money in! haha
He's worked all week this week! Really hoping this continues and he gets a permanent contract, that would be great. Even better cause his wages would go up aswell! Though it's not bad at the moment! Figured out today that if he works a whole week he takes home as much per week as we were getting for benefits every 2 weeks!! Ofcourse they'll be cutting some money elsewhere so we'll have to pay more rent etc. But at least we'll still be much better off!!
Plus Canada is a bit far from family.... it's nice to have my family come over quite often and it only being an hour flight to theirs! But yes, you're right, it would be nice to be close to you 2!! :flower:

Hope you 2 have a good day!!

As I am so glad that Jay has steady work, at least for now! Yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->