4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

ahw I wanna know!!!!

Glad to hear you're not getting impatient yet! Won't be long now for you anyway!! And glad to hear you're not too uncomfortable!!
I'm feeling alright aswell, though sleeping isn't too great... wake up with aching hips etc a couple of times a night, usually when I need the toilet and then get back in bed and can't get comfortable or get back to sleep! And Jay gets up at 5am, which usually wakes me up and then takes me a while to go back to sleep as I can hear most things he's doing downstairs when getting ready for work! He leaves around 6 and then Lucas gets up at 7, so I only really get about an hour, maybe an hour and a half after Jay gets up.

Speaking of.... I'm off to bed! Feeling pretty tired today!

Didn't have a great night last night! Hubby and I went upstairs at 9.45ish to go to bed as we were both tired and hubby had a bad migraine so he had to go lay down in a dark room. Well, we didn't go to sleep until about 1am (if not later!) cause his migraine was so bad he was shaking, couldn't lay still, felt sick and kept going hot and cold! He was breathing funny aswell cause it hurt so much! He's been suffering with migraines since he was about 16, but I've never seen him this bad before - 1 time came close, but not THIS bad. The gp put him on beta blockers, which slow his heartrate down as to lower the pressure in his head, to prevent him getting so many headaches - he usually has one (almost) every day! And those meds seem to be working since they upped the dosage, though last night they clearly didn't!
I just sat there massaging his head and his neck. After a while we decided to try to go to sleep as his headache eased off a little but after I'd been asleep for about half an hour, maybe 45 minutes I woke up to him being in a lot of pain again - it was so bad he was crying!!! So I rang NHS-direct, they got an out of hours doctor to ring us, which wasn't until about 1am and he didn't do much to be honest. And we couldn't go to A&E either as we don't have a car, didn't have any money for a taxi and the hospital is 3 miles away, and ofcourse we've got Lucas who was sleeping!

So looks like we'll all be napping this afternoon!! :winkwink:

Just hope it's not gonna affect Jay's work, as he didn't go to work today (he rang them though and told them a little porky pie that he was in hospital, but should be alright to work tomorrow). Just really hope he'll still get to work there again every day! I guess it's not his fault he's ill, but you never know, it's not like they don't have plenty of people looking for work!

Oh no Ella that sounds linea horrible night! Kurtis gets migraines a lot too, some of them can be just horrendous. Hope you all get some rest today! I'm sure his job will be understanding

Aww sorry your hubby is in so much pain! I have a migraine today (continuing from two days ago) but it isn't too bad. That sucks that he gets suck debilitating ones... I hope he feels better soon. :hugs:

Well they stuck Jay on standby for work for today and he didn't get called in. And today we found out that he's on standby again for tomorrow. So they probably gave his (semi stable) job to someone else and stuck him on standby instead!
The people he worked for were really happy with him, so it was looking like he was gonna get work every day and get a 12 week contract out of it afterwards aswell... But being sick 1 day just seems to have ruined it!! :dohh: Really not happy about it! Just annoyed that it was looking like he was gonna get a stable job and therefore a stable income and now we've already lost 2 days worth of pay and if he doesn't get called in tomorrow or friday he's basically only worked 1 day this week!! :growlmad:

Oh wow! That's really crappy! I'm sure he'll get a call soon! How frustrating is that though! Makes it really hard to plan things I'm sure.

Yeah exactly... Just our luck though - finally getting somewhere with things and then we just get knocked down again, always the way with our luck :dohh:
Hopefully he'll get called in tomorrow! Is it bad if I hope someone else gets sick enough not to go to work so he can step in again?? :winkwink:
Bummer is that he has been living with these migraines for 15 years (since he was 16) and always worked with it, just got on with it and ofcourse now that we could really do without him taking time off he gets one that's so bad he can't go to work!! Couldn't happen on a weekend or something!

Oh well.... How are things Caitlyn??? You've been quiet!

Hey ladies! Finally finished the nursery! Bnb thinks my pics are too big so had to collage it, faster that way anyways.. They are on FB too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 4
Haha, I just looked at them on FB... Looking really good!!

Sorry your luck is pretty crappy right now, Ella. I hope someone falls terribly ill and needs to take a day off so your hubby can steal their job :wink:

Talia, I love the nursery, it is lovely! Did you make all the lion king stuff or did you find it?

Not much up with me which is why I am so quiet... Ultrasound finally booked though... March 10th lol.

Oooooh exciting!!! We love ultrasounds!!! :happydance:
I wish I would get another one! I was even kinda hoping baby was measuring slightly off so they'd give me another scan :haha:

Well, Jay got called into work this morning, not his usual job as a binman, but at least it's work (and money) and they're longer hours aswell, so he'll earn more today then he usually would, which is good as he missed out on 2 days this week!! Fingers crossed they'll get him back in for work tomorrow and take him off standby! Anyway, I'm happy he got called in!

Me and Lucas are going to town today to get him a haircut, which will be fun as he HATES it!! He screams all the way through, it's a struggle to hold him!
And we're gonna get some bits for baby aswell, I've gotta get a new mattress for the moses basket and gonna get a few bits for my hospital bag aswell!

That's so awesome he got called in... Hope they call again tomorrow!

I think it's so funny how kids hate getting their haircut, I don't get it!

I think it's the sound of the scissors and they can't see what's happening... I can imagine it being kinda scary.... I've had haircuts before where I was kinda scared what it was gonna look like! haha cause it feels like they keep cutting and cutting and then you're like: I'm not gonna have anything left!!! :haha:

Hopefully he'll be ok!

Aww I do Rowan's hair. His first cut was in a salon for kids though and it was okay for the forst half but then he flipped out... but he is relaxed when I do it. Hope Lucas is okay this time :)

And yay for hubby going in :) Woo money. How's his head?

March 10th is forever away lol. Going to start looking for a midwife though... wish I could go to the birthing centre but with Rowan I barely made it to the hospital that is five mins drive away... just would love to give birth in a pool.

Lucas was pretty upset getting his haircut! He did stop crying at one point though, so there's some improvement! I would do it myself, but he still doesn't like me doing it and I don't wanna mess it up! :haha:
He also picked a present to give to his little brother when he's born!
I bought some travel size shampoo for my hospital bag and some maternity pads. Also got some pads for the bed, just in case my waters decide to break on their own whilst I'm in bed this time! Not sure when I'm gonna use them though!
And I also got some dummies for baby. Pretty sure we're all done getting stuff now!! Think my hospital bag is as good as sorted aswell, I was gonna get some pj bottoms for during/after birth but then thought I'd just use some that I've already got and then get some nice new pj's afterwards! Saves me money at the moment and it's a good excuse for me to go shopping :winkwink:

Hubby is working again tomorrow aswell! Which is good!! :thumbup: Fingers crossed it continues again!
His head is alright, he had another headache yesterday but it's not been too bad! He's used to getting headaches every day anyway.

March 10th is not THAT far away!! That's 3 days after I'm due! So only 5 weeks and 4 days away! Though I can sympathise that it seems ages away! Especially when you're looking forward to it :haha:
At least you've got us to entertain you with our labour watching soon! And with baby pictures!!

Lol and then you'll be too busy with your loves to keep me company anymore. Pout. Lol! Ah well :) Guess there's always facebook. :)

Glad your hubby's head is a bit better. I've still got a minor one.. gotta use my netty pot again. Dumb sinuses.

And aww what did Lucas get Logan?

P.s. tmi but I can tell I must be making a mucus plug... every so often looks like my vagina sneezed hahaha!

Hahah vagina sneezes!! That's hilarious!! And mar 10 isn't that far away... I might only be delivering a few days before that if I go hella over! That wait would be excruciating though! Better get phoning for a midwife, it's hard to get in burns hope you get lucky!

Glad your hubby is getting work again Ella! And i saw the haircut and prezzie pics on FB! You are way more organized than me I have some items for my hospital bag but nothing is packed at all!! Haha I should really get on that!

Working flu today and its steady!

Ahw, I'm not that organised! I just put his clothes and towel in whilst I was folding them after I washed them. And then put a couple of nappies in. Still gotta do my own clothes and some other toiletries, but they'll mainly be last minute I guess...

:haha: That made me laugh aswell, vagina sneezes :rofl:
I was saying something the other day about someone writing about their plug and Jay was like: :sick: Why do you talk about that?? :sick: (he saw some of it when I lost mine when we were having Lucas and thought it was disgusting!!)
I'm like: well, cause we don't imagine what it looks like every time we use the word! :haha:

Lol and even imagining it doesn't gross me out. Like at all. Boys are funny. :rofl:

Heyyyyy I'm a real fruit now! Woo blueberry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->