4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

haha and me!!! Right there with ya! :winkwink: Actually got his first paycheck today - only for 1 day, but at least it's something!! :happydance:

And 34 weeks today! 3 weeks until I'm full term and only 6-8 weeks until he'll be born!! Hopefully they'll go quicker now that I'll be having appointments every 2 weeks.
Only 1 more week till full term for you Talia!! Max of 6 weeks for you!! :happydance: It's almost baby time!! :baby:

I know!! It's crazy!! I'm officially able to give birth at the birth centre! And it's my birthday!! Getting to that 'any day now' stage!
Plan for today is to hang all the rest of the pics in the nursery, clean and do laundry!

Caitlyn and I went to a cute little store here that does cloth diapers and other more natural baby items etc. got a haul of stuff and feel pretty stocked up! Woot! Now just to get it all ready ready! And I should probably pack my bags! Still haven't started!

Ahw yay!! Happy Birthday!!! Have a virtual drink on me :drunk: haha Since we can't actually drink!

Think you'd better get that bag packed, just in case!! You never know! Can't believe we're gonna be on labour watch for you now!!! Hopefully he/she won't make you wait too long!!!

I went to get my whooping cough jab today cause the midwife mentioned it yesterday. Had an appointment with a nurse at 12pm.... 40 minutes later she finally called me in!!! Can't believe I had to wait 40 minutes for something that takes literally 2 minutes to get done!! :dohh:

Hahah when the flu line ups were crazy ppl were waiting 2-3 hrs outside for a jab!! Crazy ppl who procrastinate!

haha yeah, but that's their own fault really... Whereas me, I had an appointment that was only supposed to take 2 minutes :p

Oh ya for sure! That's long to wait for an appt! Bag I should really get out of bed and get some sh*t done! Blarg! It's so weird ill be wide awake at 5 in the morning when Kurtis is up for work and then ill sleep in til 7 or something and I absolutely cannot get up, so I hit snooze for an extra hour or more! Such a zombie!! I should just get up at 5 when I feel good and nap later!

Heehee I'm blessed with being able to sleep whenever, even if I am not tired. You share a bday with my step dad, Talia :) Happy Birthday (again) hehe.

I am sooo tired all the time right now haha. This is insane. Not many other symptoms though. So different from my pregnancy with Rowan. Was sick as a dog then lol. But at least that was reassuring...

Sorry your appointment took so long Ella! That sucks.

Ya there were a few zombie weeks in first tri too! It's crazy! Maybe it means girl for you since it's so different! Eerk! Exciting! Are you gonna find out anyways?

Yeah but probably the onesie way with friends and family around. :) But I'm certain the donor can only make boys.

Siiiiigh. Looks like Derek's son will never be moving out. Ever. Hmph.

He is already stressed to the point of cracking about money and he has a good job and only his car to pay for... he is 19. 20 in July.

He needs some classes in how to save money or how to be frugal :winkwink:

We were looking at how much it would cost to get car insurance here so we could get a little car for me, but it's about £75 a month.... That's about as much as we paid in 2009/2010 when we had a car, and I'm 25 now! They say it's supposed to go down when you turn 25! So not sure whether we'll be able to do it. Probably could (now with the new money situation), but not sure I want to :haha:

I don't disagree with you in the slightest, Ella haha. And our insurance and payments are fairly hefty on our truck. Kind of sucks. But if you can avoid it altogether, why not?

We were talking about it today.... but we both don't really wanna spend too much money on insurance considering you still have to pay tax aswell (which shouldn't be too much, maybe like £100 a year or something) and then pay for your petrol or diesel. And we really don't wanna go, 'oh hey we got some spare money, let's spend it on car insurance and petrol' and then have no money left to spare - which is the exact situation we're in now (minus the car haha)
So we don't wanna go from having no spare money to buy stuff with or save or go out with to the exact same of having no spare money! (just cause we want a car, well, I want a car - jay's not bothered, but he doesn't like driving, I love it!!!)

Though on the other hand like I said to Jay, it might spare me a lot of high blood pressure and aggrevation as otherwise I'll be either stuck in the house most of the time with Lucas and a baby OR I'll be walking, with a baby in a pram and a 3 year old next to me and if he's in one of those moods of walking really slow constantly or not wanting to go whichever way we're supposed to go or just not listening - I'm sure you know what that's like! That's just gonna make me wanna pull my hair out, or leave Lucas behind on a street corner!! :haha: So in a way, a car would help quite a bit! Also, it would be easier for me to see my sister and to see my family in Holland as I won't have to fly and it would probably be cheaper to drive there with the 4 of us than it would be to buy flights for the 4 of us!

Anyway.... we need to speak to Jay's dad really to see if he knows any 'tricks' to get cheaper car insurance... And we need to see what our money is gonna be like exactly (rather than just using one of those calculators online going off your paycheck before tax etc) so we can see exactly how much 'spare' money we've got!

Hope you girls had a good day!!!
We had a lovely roast beef dinner tonight, my husband is such a good cook! And I made a sort of apple puff pastry pie thingy for afterwards, which was awesome, even if I do say so myself! Jay's parents and his sister were over for dinner and we played some games on the wii! Then I had a little chat with my mum on Skype. And now I'm off to bed, so night night - Hope you're all doing alright and I will probably speak to you girls in the morning!!

Yup cars are good to have for sure. Here, it's almost a necessity. Everything is so far and transit or other transportation is pretty limited. But I think you're right springing for a car when you just got some increased cash might not be the best... If it turns into permanent work and you guys are all caught up money wise and have some spare change then yes. It's always nice to have that bubble if anything happens and it's nicer to see it going to something other than gas and insurance which are pretty hefty!

Yesterday was fab! We did our pictures and Kurtis had his reveal. He has been bouncing of the walls all day, he's so excited! It's so cute to watch him lol I'm so happy I decided to let him know. Im so excited to see how they turned out!
Later on we had dinner at his parents for my birthday, so yummy. Hope everyone is doing super!

Yeah, I know what you mean, Ella. It is a tough spot. Our new truck is what is bringing us down financially though with payments and insurance and gas. Stupid thing lol. Hoping to get out of the hole we are in in a few months, but at least be in a better place in February. Stupid money lol.

I am excited to go through the pics, Talia... I had such fun doing them. Too bad it was sooo cold out though! But I am sure you will have plenty to look through and choose.

Going to talk to my doc today about getting the NT scan after all. Just cause I want the extra ultrasound hahaha.

Ya it was chilly, Kurtis is definitely a baby! Haha I can't wait to see, I'm sure there will be plenty of good ones! Woohoo!! I really wanna see Kurtis's pics so bad!! But I'll be patient!

Ahw so cool!! Does that mean you know what Talia is having Caitlyn????
I wanna know!!!!!
I'll be waiting for some pics aswell! Wanna see them! I'm sure they turned out great! :thumbup:

Are you getting excited for baby-time Talia?? I'm getting impatient now, and I'm not even full term, or 40 weeks yet! I remember the (almost) 2 weeks after my duedate taking FOREVER!!!! So I can't wait to get to my duedate, as he's probably gonna be late, then we can start focussing on baby-time haha
Time really seems to be dragging for me (think I already mentioned that before though! :dohh:) Though when I saw someone posting they were 32 weeks I was like: so am I.... oh wait! I'm not!! :haha:

Caitlyn have you past the gestation from last time now?? How are you feeling??

I'm actually feeling pretty good, my hips are manageable and otherwise I have no real symptoms that are causing me much trouble. I'm not feeling impatient at all lol so I'm glad. I'd hate to be miserable and uncomfortable just counting down the days. So for right now I'm good and not getting too crazy. Lots of my feb group threads ppl are begging to have their babies and talking inductions etc... I think they need to hold their horses lol
Anyways I'm still in bed watching tv lol terrible.. I need to go and get some stuff to hang pictures, Kurtis got hooks but none of the canvasses have wire or thingers on them to hang from! Might take a shot at building the play pen too! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->