4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

What's going on ladies?? We've all been quiet lately!!

I had a bad day yesterday... baby was very quiet - I got up at about 9/9.30am and usually he is kicking around in there when I wake up (doesn't really matter what time it is) but he wasn't moving. Then later on he moved a little, around 11am I think, but it felt soooo sluggish and nothing like normal! I was really worried, never really felt him move much, so I went to lay down on my left side for 2 hours like they say you should do to see if he moves at least 10 times. I even rang delivery suite, but the number was busy, this was around 3.30pm though!! And ofcourse just after I rang them he started moving more and moved quite a bit the rest of the evening. I kept crying aswell, everytime Jay came to me (when I was laying down upstairs) I looked at him and just burst out crying, and when I wanted to ring delivery suite aswell, I had to sit there for like 10 minutes to try and not cry!!!
He's been better today so I'm glad it was just a lazy day yesterday!

Lucas is doing really well with his potty training now!!! Both yesterday and today he pooed on the potty, without any encouragement from us really and didn't get upset! Today he even turned around and went: YAY!! Did a poo poo!! :haha: He did pee himself earlier today, but he was behind a table and I think he couldn't get out quick enough to get to the potty. So as he usually wears pyjama's/pyjama bottoms with this whole potty training thing (cause they're easy to pull down) ofcourse they got wet so I decided to put some jeans on him, which are a bit tighter than I thought they were! He struggled pulling them down and back up when he tried the first time - But the good thing is that he is now telling us he needs to pee!! So I'm gonna keep putting jeans/trousers on him that he needs help with so he gets used to telling us he needs to go, cause if he can keep that up with no (or hardly any) accidents, we can actually go out without him wearing a nappy!! :happydance: It's kind of exciting!! :haha:

Awe Ella! So sorry you had such a worrying day yesterday! That's scary for sure... I don't even track movements that much cuz usually bub is so active... Scary stuff but glad he's on the move again! Hugs hugs!!
On the other hand super job to Lucas for his potty training going so well! It'll be good to have that set before baby even if he does have accidents here and there!

Yeah I don't usually track them that much either cause he's very active usually, so I noticed straight away that he was quiet. Glad I didn't have to go to hospital though! I was already imagining what would happen if they wanted him out straight away :haha: I'd be messaging my family and posting on fb: Surprise! Meet baby Logan!! :haha: At least if for some reason he'd have to be born now he'd be alright! Almost full term, just a week and a half to go!!
You'll almost be due then!!

And very happy about Lucas, it's definitely nice to have him out of nappies and he's so good with it aswell! He barely has accidents at the moment, only time he does is if he's stuck behind something haha... or when we were all playing on the wii and he probably just forgot that he was supposed to go to the potty!
Mainly happy that he seems to have cracked the pooing now! :haha:

So how are you anyway? I saw your bump pics on FB, looking really good!! Are you getting fed up yet? Or are you still happy to keep that baby cooking???

And how bout you Caitlyn?? Everything still going well?? Almost 8 weeks!!

I'm actually doing surprisingly well, I don't feel fed up at all, everyone who's active on my feb threads are near pulling their hair out wanting labour to come or to yank baby out! I think it's kind of ridiculous lol so I'm happy just chugging along.. I keep thinking maybe it's a 38 week thing, or 39... Or maybe ill just feel like that when I'm overdue..." So far so good! I have a midwife appt tomorrow, first of the weekly ones. I'm not sure if they so checks yet but I don't think I wanna know, I doubt anything has changed, I've had a few BH but nothing else. Plus hearing that my cervix is thick and closed would just be discouraging even though I know it's probably true. What's another week?

My cervix was at 3cm from 37 weeks until I delivered at 39+5 lol. So even being more than closed and thick doesn't mean anything. Baby will come when they're ready.

And sorry bub was being a monkey the other day, Ella. That is scary. But glad he is alright :) Rowan was always lazy, especially in the last few months... he probably didn't have much room in there cause I am so short hehe. But I dont think he ever made the "movement quota" or whatever. Dunno why it never concerned me but it didn't. I'd poke him on occasion and he'd kick back... and he had hiccups like clockwork lol. But knowing his personality now... he was probably sleeping most of the time hahaha.

Oh wow, ya see and that would just get my hopes up... I think I'll wait til at least next time for a check, we'll see, I don't really see the point if, like you said he/ she will come when they're ready!

Yep I don't understand why they bother checking the cervix at all really. I let them as my ob/gyn had a student doctor so I allowed him to use me to learn lol. Was funny cause he was pretty cute and couldn't feel what he was supposed to be feeling so had to stay in there and then because I was amused and smiling he gave up and told my doc he couldn't figure out how many cm while blushing hahaha. Gotta not be shy to be an ob/gyn, cutie doc! Hehehe :rofl:

Haha oh man, it's nerve wracking, when I worked labour and delivery I couldn't tell what I was feeling for either... It wasn't til after, charting and checking my own here and there that it all came together... Must be so awkward to learn as a med student, especially a guy! Hahah and being cute to top it off!

haha that's funny!! Poor cute doctor :winkwink: Making him feel all uncomfortable!!

I was just saying that to some girls on our FB group for March duedates, I keep seeing threads on here saying: 38 weeks and no dilation?? I'm gonna be pregnant forever.... And I'm like: They DO realise you're supposed to be pregnant for 40 weeks right???!! I don't even get why they check your cervix in the US (and Canada?) They don't check it here at all.... Unless they're doing a sweep or you're in labour. And even in labour they try to put it off as much as possible, because of the risk of infection (even if your waters are still in-tact) - I think they only check once every 4 hours or so!

Ya that's liked feb group everyone seems to be moaning from even 36 weeks on! It's like umm you know your due date is still weeks away right? That's what you signed up for! Lol like some have it pretty bad with spd or things like that but it's supposed to be uncomfortable to a certain point... You're not gonna die if you don't get this baby out this week, ESP when you're 37 weeks or something lol I don't get it.

And I also don't know why they check so often and early... I think generally they check every visit from 37, maybe 36 weeks on... If I'm gbs positive I'm definitely declining and even if I'm not ill probably say no this week. I think it's just a tactic doctors use to make you feel inadequate lol yup check you for a month straight with barely any change, I bet that lady will go for an induction at 40 weeks cuz she feels like she's broken... I'm sure it happens. As for in labour I think I'll also want minimal checks!

Lol yeah I don't get it. I was working until almost 38 weeks and never complained about being pregnant. I was sad when it was over. I was uncomfortable but knew that came with the territory lol. And the risks babies can have even just being born at 37 weeks if they arent ready are still scary. One baby can be perfectly fine but the next could have breathing issues or latching issues etc... nope. Keep em in until they are done cooking!

hey ladies. Grr left my phone charger at my friends house so i had to bust out the laptop! lol Appt went well yesterday, my fundal height did a jump, 41 at just under 38 weeks. didn't seem too concerned but my BP is on the rise, still normal but creeping up in the last bit. Says it might be a sign baby might come sooner rather than later, worked on my quilt at my friend's yesterday, had dinner and played some card games, near the end of the night i was getting restless and uncomfortable. Crampy for a few hours before bed but finally got to sleep it off.... seems like its the start of early labour watch :)

ooooh... Interesting!!!
At least you're full term so you don't really need to worry about baby coming now or sooner rather than later!!
Can't wait to see your LO!!!

I'm nowhere near labour watching yet. 36 week appointment tomorrow, wondering if baby has moved positions, cause I felt his hick-ups in my left lovehandle earlier today, rather than in my bum where I usually feel them!! So interested to know what's going on in there and this should be the first week she checks his position!!

Awww I miss hiccups lol. Can't wait to feel those again. Rowan was usually a butt when it came to letting others feel him kick or move but I knew around noon and around bedtime he would get the hiccups so the ones who were dying to feel him I'd let feel his hiccups lol. ♡

So exciting though, Talia :) I was wondering where you disappeared to yesterday (I texted) and considered maybe you had already started labour! Lol. But nope, just no phone hehe.

I may have just ordered us a new sofa...... About time aswell..... It's expensive but we're gonna be paying monthly for it :)
It should be delivered before the 13th of March! Hope it'll arrive before baby comes, though I'd rather have baby before if the sofa isn't gonna come until the 13th! But this company has a reputation for giving an estimate delivery date and delivering early! (which I like!! :thumbup:)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
Aww I am jealous, that is a gorgeous couch! Lucky lady.

oooh 8 weeks!! whoop whoop!: happydance:

Nice couch Ella! We need a sectional like that!
Yay raspberry! And another week goes by for us! Weehoo

One week until full term, Ella! And two weeks until you're due, Talia! Yay! It honestly doesn't seem like it was that long aho, and yet it feel like AGES as well. Funny how time can do that lol. Are you guys ready to meet your littles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->