4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Oh I'm trying to relax.... just being silly haha!
It'll happen when it happens, nothing I can do about it - nothing worked last time (apart from the sweeps by the midwife!) Can't wait though!!

We first found the hb at 10weeks - there have been people that found it earlier, but I can understand it if you don't wanna try cause even though you know it's probably just too early, everytime you can't find it you still worry a little!

I'm still hanging in here just biding my time lol had a mw appt this am, BP is back to my normal, fundal height is back in track because baby is engaged a lot more than last time... Went from 41 at 37 weeks to 39 this week! So that's good!
Sucks about your friend and her fiancé, that would be terrible to go thru.
Ya Ella try not to worry about everyone going early... There are high risk ppl in every group and like Caitlyn said they are not you. I tried to check my cervix but I can't reach at all... I've started doing EPO vaginally but it doesn't give me any cramping or anything, not that it's supposed to though... Meh!

I'm bidding my time until March 10th lol. I won't be completely relaxed until I know little's heart is a pumpin. My mum lost one after my baby sister as a mmc but she found out at her NT scan even though baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. So that fear lingers as well, even though I know mmcs are rare. That would be the worst... but I have to stop feeling negative. I promise most of the time I am not this bad lol. Just when I come on here it reminds me that everyone has tons of symptoms and I don't. Lol.

Aaaaaaaaanywho, are you doing anything special like a party for Lucas, Ella?

And Talia, you are insanely close. How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

Hahah you caught me, Kurtis was finishing a movie and I was trying to figure out what was going on in my silly body. Went to my moms to do some sewing, I made an entire carseat cover tonight, ill show pics in the am.. Thought my hips and back were hurting from sitting so long but was also getting BH that were pretty strong... And then on top of it, I made chili for dinner but didn't eat it til later in the night so I wasn't sure if all my belly pain were cramps or gas... Tried to get comfy in bed, tossed and turned for a few hours and now it seems to have died down (130am) so I thought I'd peek in before I try to sleep, thank god I had a nap yesterday!

Oh mmc, I never knew anything about it before I came on BnB! Had never heard of it before and it was totally on my mind half the time when I was waiting for my NT scan this time!! Just try to remember it's rare and usually if something goes wrong you'll know! (even if it's just intuition)

We haven't really got anything planned for Lucas.... my parents are over from Holland from saturday (but going to my sister for the weekend first, as my sister will be off on the weekend and I'm home during the week anyway). I'm making Lucas a 'creeper'-birthday cake (Jay plays minecraft and Lucas loves watching him play and always watches minecraft-videos on youtube on the tablet! :dohh: He's only gonna be 3!!! but yeah, he loves minecraft! :haha:) And we're getting him a little play-kitchen from Ikea as his present. Other than that we've not got anything planned, maybe take him to a farm or something, but we'll have to see what the weather is like and all that!

Oh Talia!! Things are getting close now!!! :happydance:

Ooh Talia, that's exciting ;) Hmmmm

And Ella, you said you never went to Ikea :p One of us! One of us! ;)

I've never been to Ikea ... Never bought anything from there, but I saw this little kitchen that a friend of mine got her little girl and I really liked it so I decided we'd get him that one (after researching a lot of play kitchens, most of them being plastic and pretty small, this one is wooden and not TOO expensive) But I'm still not actually gonna have been to Ikea, cause my parents are picking it up for us, as we don't really have an Ikea close (for English standards) and my parents will pass one when they're going to my sister's place! So they'll probably go there with my sister, as I asked my brothers and sisters and my parents to get Lucas something to go with the kitchen as it doesn't really come with anything and we don't really wanna spend any more on it then we are!

Heartburn is playing up today! First time I've had it really bad this pregnancy!! I've had it before, but not during the day usually and if I had it it would be gone in about half an hour to an hour... Today it's been lingering, had it ever since about 9am - it's now 1.50pm!!

Oh and baby 3 and 4 have been born (they were actually baby 2 and 3 as they were born before the one I told you about) - they're twin boys and they were born at 33+4 - their mum posted a video of one of them, it's so cute!!! Lucas was watching it saying: baby!! baby mummy!! baby crying!! He said it with a big smile on his face, just wait till he hears his little brother crying all the time! He'll be running away covering his ears :winkwink:

Blasphemy, never been to ikea!! It's like my favorite place!! Haha that sounds like an awesome birthday present for Lucas! Big ol 3 and soon to be big brother, wow!
I did manage to fall asleep the rest of the night thank god, no more delicious chili for me today :( and I forgot to add that along with measuring a bunch less baby was super low last night and every movement was ouchy down below... It was a whole mix of no fun!

But here's the carseat cover! Made it all in one night and completely by myself!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
Well done! Looking really good!! - I'm still kinda confused as to why you use those things in the US/Canada.... But oh well! Seems to be a very common thing!! We don't do them in the UK (or in Holland)

I know what you mean about every movement hurting! Don't think Logan is engaged yet but he's been poking out one of my sides tonight and then after we put Lucas to bed I thought I'd lay/sit on the sofa on my other side so he'd move.......well, he's now poking out my other side! And every time he moves it makes me hold my breath/gasp....
Hopefully it won't be much longer for you now Talia! Can't wait!! I'm getting so excited for you!!!! :happydance:

This is the kitchen btw....

Attachments

• duktig-mini-kitchen__0086284_PE214924_S4.JPG
    duktig-mini-kitchen__0086284_PE214924_S4.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
I sae that kitchen last time I was there (after I had bought Rowan's plastic one) and kicked myself a bit... as the burners light up and it is just generally pretty darn neat. Also.... not sure if we can stay friends if you don't go to IKEA soon. Like. Now. Lol. Also, I never used that particular type, as the one I had is so baby doesn't need a blanket or coat over him in the winter and is more snug to the seat (you can see a pic in my seamonkey album of Rowan in the blue Oilers one on fbook)... but I digress. It tends to be both cold and windy here and baby will hold their breath/ gasp when the wind blows on their face. I believe that this is to help them not have to do that.

And great job, Talia :) You're so crafty hehe I love it.

Ya I obviously don't have first hand experience but yes windy /blowing snow etc is not fun for those little ones, and I've heard that sometimes blankets will just blow off, that's why there's the loops too... Either way, last project is finished! Definitely my favorite!! And so so snugly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
So you know how to use a sewing machine obviously... one day (months from now I am sure, lol) Do you think you could teach me?

3 weeks and 4 days until my ultrasound! Woo!! Hahaa!

Haha I need to learn more myself! I can sew yes, but I don't know how to thread a machine or fix any problems lol or use a normal machine for that matter, my mom has a serger and an industrial machine... So it does pretty much everything! Lol I think I'd actually be lost if I used a regular one...

and yay ultrasound!! Can't wait to see that gummi bear!

It's not that hard to thread a normal machine.... once you've done it once it's easy....
I would like to have an actual sewing machine myself... only have a little mini one and that's crap! I tried fixing something the other day and it kept skipping stitches :S
Wish I had a GOOD sewing machine, cause I would really like to make a cover for Lucas' highchair with oilcloth, but apparently it's hard to sew with and you need a good machine for it, like a strong one! (like a Singer)

Not long now till your ultrasound!! I wanna see pictures too!!!

It looks complicated to thread it hahaha. I dont know the brand I have... Derek's mom gave it to me and it is still in the box (but it is an old machine). Anyways... I guess I will try youtubeing it again.

Yay, my mum is coming to the ultrasound with me. (Derek works and we need the money) but it'll be nice to have my mum there to watch Rowan and then come in :) Makes me excited.

Ahw that's nice!! Bummer that Derek can't come though, but it makes sense!!

We're not sure yet what to do about Jay's work....they don't even know I'm pregnant.... So if I go into labour and he needs to come home they're gonna have a shock :haha: He doesn't really wanna tell them, cause he doesn't want them to think he needs time off.... I mean, you know what happened when he took 1 day off cause he was ill!!! :dohh: Don't want that happening again!
So hopefully I'll go into labour on friday morning and go to hospital when Jay gets home and then he'll be home with us until monday morning. He was asking me about it the other day and I was like: well you're not entitled to any paternity leave and we can't really afford for him to take too much time off! As long as he's there when I'm in labour I'm happy.
I mean it would be nice for him to be home to help for a couple of days, but I'm sure I'll manage (sort of) with him being at work... there's plenty of single mums out there with a toddler and a baby and they do alright, so I'm sure I can manage, plus Jay would be home around 1pm-ish anyway...

Glad to hear your mum is gonna go to your US! Yay olive week!
And ya Ella, I'd be thinking the same re: jays work, hopefully you'll have baby on a weekend and if he's home early in the afternoon it should be alright.

Hi ladies, thought I'd drop in and show you my scan I had done today and let you all know that were team BLUE :blue::blue:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79