4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

I also like the colour, and it isnt as bright as I imagined either :) More of a grey green. It is lovely... I'm a green fan as well haha. And adorable take home outfit, I cant wait to start buying things for this little, lol. Today I am finishing up edits on Talia's pictures hehe ♡ Hopefully you can get them before D Day hehe ♡

Woke with a migraine again. Eurgh. I hate that... definitely not fair to wake up with one.

https://www.wilko.com/wall+ceiling-...tt-emulsion-paint-oak-leaf-25ltr/invt/0238161
This is the paint we used... looks a little more green there than it did in my picture!

Oh I can't wait to see your pictures Talia!! You'll have to upload some when Caitlyn is done with them!!

Oh no Caitlyn!! Migraines are horrible!! I've never had any, but I've seen Jay have plenty (and my mum used to get them every time she had a holiday from work, standard, first day she'd be down all day!) Hopefully it goes soon!!
Can you take any meds for it?? Jay is immune to most things, there's only 1 thing he can take really (paracetamol or ibuprofen does nothing, he has to take a mixture of paracetamol and codeine)

I use Motrin to take off the edge and meditate to get some of it away... Brings it to a dull roar I can ignore.

But yay, finished the pics :D Now to finish my friend's bf's painting... she gave it to him for Christmas but I have to touch it up and haven't gotten around to it... Oops, lol!

Eek I'm excited for piccys!! Migraines are terrible, I feel like nothing really touches them, Kurtis has used a hypnotherapy track with some good success... For him theyre Usually tension /stress related so like you said Caitlyn meditating and relaxing thoughts are the way to go!
Today has def been my worse day, so uncomfortable in all aspects, didn't sleep well at all... But I'm making muffins so the world is an ok place! Lol birth centre snacks + treats for the midwives.. One batch Cranberry orange and one batch of blueberry

Mmm.

So I haven't even contacted any midwives... I'm nervous that none will be available so it is easier to avoid the thing altogether lol. Or that they won't have any that wotk out of Grey Nuns... I know I should call to find out but it is more stress than just my current idle worry if they say no lol.

Caitlyn!! Call them all and get on the wait lists for the ones that practice out of the nuns!! I've heard it's hard to get in initially but spots usually open up!! Get on it!!

Aww... that is a sad thought why those spots open up... :(

Not necessarily a sad thought why the spots open up! If people have their babies they'll be discharged by their midwives so they will have spots open for other people - like you!! Hurry up, get on it now, the earlier you get on the list, the earlier you'll get a midwife!! (Don't think they have waiting lists here, they just have to find someone to cover it, as you need your care and they are the only people that do prenatal care)

So my parents didn't come yesterday, I messaged my mum on whatsapp and she was like: oh we're not coming till wednesday! We want to spend as much time as possible with Arthur (my nephew, who was born in November), just like we did when Lucas was little and we will when you have the baby... And I was like: :cry: Really??! Just cause Lucas is a bit older doesn't mean he needs/wants less attention from his opa & oma!! I can understand it, in a way, but at the same time I'm annoyed about it! It shouldn't really matter how old he is, they should still sort of share their attention equally... They will have been at my sister's for 4 days and will only be here for about a day and a half, maybe 2.... And my sister and her husband both work aswell so it's kinda boring there for them! Oh well!! I just got hit by my hormones and my slight autism :winkwink: Whenever I think something is gonna happen I want it to happen! Like when I come up with the idea of going out one day and make plans in my head, then ask Jay: shall we do this today?? and he says no I wanna stay in, I get a bit 'meh' cause I'd already arranged it all in my head and then it doesn't happen.... If that makes sense!

Anyway, what are you ladies upto this week???
I've got my 38 week appointment tomorrow, be interested to see if he's engaged at all.... and I'm making Lucas' birthday cake tomorrow aswell!

Oh Caitlyn, the spots open up not just for sad reasons... Ppl drop out of midwifery care sometimes, our group alone is short 2 ppl from the start because it just wasnt for them, or they got on with a different practice. And then of course sometimes care needs to be transferred to an OB etc.. But either way you def won't get one if you keep putting it off missy!! Lol

Ella, sorry to hear about your parents. It's disappointing when things don't stick to planned. I get that for sure esp when you kind if have your mind set on it. I completely agree with you re: Lucas, if anything he's at the age where they need more attention. I get that your sis might need more help with the baby but the baby surely won't remember being visited where as Lucas does! Either way have fun with the birthday cake!

We hadn't really made any plans as to when they were coming over, but seeing as they spent the weekend at my sister's and she was working again yesterday (and so was her husband) I figured they'd probably come over to ours either yesterday or today.. so it was a little bit of a disappointment when I got told: oh we're not coming until wednesday.... Oh well!!

I'm baking Lucas' cake tonight so it has plenty of time to cool down before being decorated, as I've been having some issues with the buttercream/icing getting really runny, probably cause the cake is still warm-ish (warmer inside than it seems when you touch it). Then tomorrow I've got my midwife appointment at 11.50 and after that I'm taking Lucas to McDonalds for an early birthday treat and then we're meeting up in town with Jay to do some shopping - getting new curtains for the living room :) So a nice day planned for tomorrow! And then I've gotta decorate Lucas' cake when we get home and my parents should be over around 3 or 4ish :)
We're doing dinner with both our parents on thursday aswell, for Lucas' birthday. Can't wait for Lucas to see his cake (hopefully it turns out like I want it to!!) and for him to get his little kitchen!
Lots of people have said: why are you getting him a kitchen?? and we keep having to explain that he likes to help in the kitchen and he keeps coming to us with imaginary food at the moment - "here you go daddy, got some cake!" :haha: So cute!!

We got Rowan a play kitchen for Christmas and he loves it... but if we dont watch him he grabs food from dinner and puts it in those pots and pans. /facepalm hahaha. He also got a play vacuum and mop and broom etc. As he loves role play at the moment! So the kitchen makes perfect sense!

He was going over to Jay earlier giving him invisible cake.... And I just said: you know he's gonna be doing that ALL the time after thursday! :winkwink:
I was thinking about asking Jay's parents to get him something to 'clean' with... but Jay told them to get him a creeper plushy....so they did, but he's gonna love that aswell!! (it's from minecraft, in case you didn't know....he loves minecraft! - when we were in the train on saturday he saw someone reading a book about minecraft and we sat at their table and Lucas went: Look mummy! Minecraft!! :haha:)

Just finished baking his cake, it smells so nice!!! yum yum!!

Mmm send me a piece in the mail hahaha! And we need your address to send stuff :p Fbook message it to me.

Lol I am amused. .. on the verge of tears for absolutely no reason. Those hormones... gotta love em.

I'm bored lol. Get to fold mount laundry today. Whatchu ladies up to?

I'm still in bed, my hips got so bad last night... Ugh I think it must be a surge of hormones to prep for labour... I really want to see someone but I can't decide chiro, acupuncture or just go for a massage!

Mmmm go for a massage. You won't be able to for a long time lol.

well, I already told you what my plans were for the day... so we did that! :p
Mw appointment went well, no weight gain (yay!!), everything good. She said baby's head is very low, my notes said 2/5 palpable (so 3/5ths engaged) so that's a good start! Though I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's nice to know that things are at least moving in the right direction!
She had trouble making sure that it was actually the head down there, cause he was so low!

Not finished Lucas' cake yet, cause we got home later than expected and I HAD to sit down for a while before starting that, as my feet were killing me!
And then my parents turned up so we sat and chatted to them for a while. Jay's doing dinner now and I'm gonna finish the cake after dinner....

I bet you love folding laundry Caitlyn?! :winkwink: I don't mind folding it, it's the putting it all away and ironing that I hate!

Talia, definitely go for a massage! I'd love one :) I get really sore hips at night aswell, I HAVE to lay on my back sometimes because they're both so sore I can't lay on them! Usually helps to just get up and go to the toilet, even though I'm only up for a minute then, but it just takes the pressure off them for a little while I guess! :hugs: Hope they feel better tonight!

LOL so I totally procrastinated all day and haven't folded anything. It is hard when I am watching Rowan though, as he likes to "help" and by "help" I mean destroy all my folded piles while trying to refold them... I may do it when Derek is home.

I saw your maternity pictures on FB Talia! They look great! You did a great job Caitlyn!!

Ya sorry I didn't post any on here! They are awesome! I saw your cake but didn't want to comment since it was jays pic! Lol wow it looks good! How did you do the icing? Looks like it took forever!! Very well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->