• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Oh that's all good news and you won't be 2 cm, it's your second, you were probably 1 or 2 to start! Hopefully you've rested up and are ready for what the night will bring!! Can't wait to read in the morning here

This is just as bad as when Talia did it!! Gahh! I want updates lmao.

Haha I know! I don't wanna say he's here because everyone was saying that for me even thought it was the next day she was born. Don't wanna jinx Ella like that! We'll hear soon I'm sure!

Sorry.... I was trying to keep updating on fb, but Jay ran out of data allowance when we were in the hospital so I couldn't!! :dohh:
And there was no wifi!! :dohh:

I will update with a full story later as we just got home from hospital and I need to go to bed......

Introducing Logan, born 15/3/14 @ 04.05am - weighing 3600 grams/7lbs 15oz, they didn't measure him so not sure how long he is!! :nope:

Attachments

• WP_20140314_001.jpg
    WP_20140314_001.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20140315_006.jpg
    WP_20140315_006.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20140315_020.jpg
    WP_20140315_020.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20140315_030.jpg
    WP_20140315_030.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • WP_20140315_032.jpg
    WP_20140315_032.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
2 more pics :)

Attachments

• WP_20140315_039.jpg
    WP_20140315_039.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20140315_042.jpg
    WP_20140315_042.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
He is the spitting image of Lucas btw!! It's crazy!!

First pic is Lucas, 2nd is Logan -- he weighs 120 grams less than Lucas though, same head circumference.

Attachments

• 180011_1894952690808_1048975_n.jpg
    180011_1894952690808_1048975_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20140315_025.jpg
    WP_20140315_025.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Wow they do look alike and yay for extra pictures on here! Can't wait to hear the story! Congrats again Ella!!

Congratulations again, Ella! He is amazing. Wow, you ladies both had suuuper long labours. I send hugs. Glad all is going well and xant wait to read BOTH of your gull birth stories ;)

Here's my birth story:

Waters broke at 10.45 on thursday (13/3). No contractions at first, they started slowly around 10pm that day. Me and hubby had gone to bed around 9pm so we could try and get some sleep before anything started, as we knew it was gonna happen soon cause I was told to ring the hospital at 8am on friday 14/3 if nothing had started yet. I got back up out of the bed around 11pm cause I was getting contractions and couldn't sleep anyway! By about 1am I woke hubby up and he came downstairs with me. Around 4am we told my MIL to come over cause the contractions were about 4 minutes apart and lasting about a minute each. Managed to stay at home until about 6am.
When we got to the hospital the contractions basically stopped, I had some, but hardly any at all. So they kept saying walk around and see what happens, we'll reassess around 11am. 11am came and went and nothing had happened yet, they said they were gonna get me going with prostin - pessary to get the cervix to do what it needs to! In the end they didn't insert the prostin until 3pm!!! It hurt like a b*tch, as they had to reach round baby's head and put the tablet/pessary behind the cervix, which was still quite long and not much dilated, so god knows what the first contractions I'd been through at home had been doing!! We sat around bouncing on the ball, walking around the hospital a billion times all day!! We got told to wait 6 hours, bouncing and walking to try and get things started and if nothing had happened 6 hrs later they would put me on a drip. I had some irregular contractions, but nothing seemed to be happening at all for hours! By 8pm we double checked what the plan was for induction again, as we thought they might try another dose of prostin, which is what we got told at first! Hubby went to the shop to get some food and drinks and by that time I started getting contractions again, pretty strong and about 4 minutes apart. By 11pm the contractions started to be about 2 minutes apart and we got taken to delivery suite. They were gonna start me on the drip, but I didn't need that in the end!! Contractions were HORRIBLE, I can't remember being in SO much pain with Lucas and they kept asking if I had pressure in my bum but I couldn't really tell, it just HURT!! I was only using gas & air and by about 2.45 the midwife was going to examine me again. She tried doing that but it hurt so much that I kept telling her to stop, as she had to reach round baby's head. She asked whether I wanted an epidural and I gave in, I was like: I didn't want this, but it's hurting to much, I kept crying that I couldn't do it anymore and I didn't wanna do it! So they got the anesthesist in to explain about the epidural. He mentioned the risks etc and asked me if I was sure I wanted it - I didn't know what I wanted, I was in so much pain, but then to hear that it might not work or might not work on 1 side and all the other risks... He also said I should get examined cause maybe I was too far along anyway and the epidural wouldn't start working for about 20 minutes so maybe by that time baby was already on his way. So I got examined again, she had to reach round baby's head but I was at 8cm, stretching to 9 and they said it wouldn't be long! So I decided to go through it without the epidural. Around 3.50am I started to push and Logan was born at 4.05am (saturday 15/3) I pushed him out on all fours, so they let me pick him up from the bed between my legs and hold him! It was amazing, he was so tiny!!!

Aww good job Ella! Way to go without the epidural! Sucks that it was such a long stop and go process!! But he's here and that's what matters!

Aww I am so sorry it took so long! Wow. But way to go on being super woman :D I am so glad that everything turned out alright in the end :) And he is such a gorgeous little guy. How is Lucas with him?

We had Lucas come to hospital yesterday afternoon as he hadn't seen him yet and it didn't look like we were gonna be able to go home anytime soon as the pediatricians were busy and couldn't see us :( And ofcourse we needed to have Logan see the pediatrician before he got to go home....
He was ok at first, then tried to stroke him I think and we told him not to poke him or be careful and then Lucas started crying! Poor boy - but he was very tired!!
He's held him once or twice now and given him some kisses and cuddles!
I'm sure he'll be a little more interested once everything settles down and he gets used to him being around!

Logan was born with his hand on his face/head like Lucas was btw.... I reckon (just like I did with Lucas) that's why it took so long, even think that might be why my contractions stopped....

What the heck! This silly babies and their weird presentations, that's probably partly true about the contractions. I wish mine had been more stop and go so I would've gotten a break! But still I'm sure it is just as tedious and long. I'm sure Lucas will warm up to him soon! It was a crazy roller coaster ride and once things are more normal I'm sure he'll surprise you by doing sweet things for Logan! Sooo cute!

Well, the main thing that sucked about my contractions stopping was that I thought they'd been doing things and they were getting pretty strong by the time we went to hospital, lasting a minute each and about 3-4 minutes apart.... Then got there and only got one every 15 minutes (or less) and had to start all over again! :( And also they hadn't really done anything, as I got told that my cervix was quite long still and posterior when they put the prostin in (the pessary)

Off to my first midwife appointment. Baby was having a dance party in there this morning while I was laying on my back lol.

Yay midwife!! I have group in a couple hours too! You'll have to let me know who you have. My friend Erin loved her two midwives from there! I miss dance parties a lot!! ;(

Ahw yay! Nice to hear you know for sure now that you're feeling baby move!
And I saw Derek told his kids btw, as I saw you posted that picture of Rowan with the t-shirt you got him! :flower:

Logan has been a sleepy boy, though he started cluster feeding yesterday as my milk has just come in (already!!!) My boobs are SO hard today they're HUGE!!!
Hoping to be able to avoid him getting his days and nights mixed up, he seems to be sleeping quite a lot during the day... but then again he's only 3 days old and he's got slight jaundice aswell, which I know makes them a little more sleepy.
Got my next midwife appointment on thursday, poor boy will be getting his heel-prick done....

I already knew I was placed with Teilya :)

Yeah, Derek told his kids. It didn't go over well. Selfish little......... deep breath.

Aaaaaaaanyways, had a chat after midwife's with Derek... looks like we are leaning towards a home birth, as long as things go over well :D I'm liking the idea more and more now. The hospital is a stone's throw from my place (five ish min drive) so I feel good about it.

Ella, sorry your boobies are engorged :( I remember that... and the cluster feedings... until he was like one hahaha. Oh man. But awww poor tired bubbah ♡ So sweet.

How is Royen, Talia? Still doing well with elimination communication?

Oh no! Hopefully his kids will get used to the idea soon.....
A home birth would definitely be nice... I was saying to Jay that I wish we would've just stayed home and asked for a midwife to come out to us as they said at the hospital that it happens a lot that women are doing well contracting and then you go to hospital and all the adrenaline and anticipation and change of environment just stop your contractions, or slow them down! :dohh: I just sat there wishing I'd never gone to hospital :haha: So if anything at least that's a good thing about staying home!! And you won't have to wonder whether it's time to leave yet! haha

Had quite a good night last night, fed Logan as I went to bed, then he slept for about 3hrs and had another feed, unfortunately it took a while to get him back to sleep properly after that feed (about an hour (and a half)) but then we slept for another 3.5 hrs :) I'm surprised I don't feel more tired during the day to be honest! I still nap in the afternoon when Jay is home though, regardless of whether I feel tired because I know I still have to catch up a little from being awake for so long when I was in labour.

How is Royen doing Talia?? And what is elimination communication??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->