• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Hey ladies! ATM I'm trying to convince Royen it's not time to get up yet lol because I'm feeling lazy lol it's not going too well ahaha so ill be quick before I need to change her bum and get going for the day lol

Sounds like Logan is doing really well! Sleeping good little stretches and eating up a storm! Sucks about being engorged, it'll even itself out once your supply regulates.

Yay homebirth! I'm really excited you guys are leaning that way!! Too bad the kids were brats about the announcement. I don't get that, they should be happy for you guys! Grrr!

Anyways, Royen passed the 10lb mark yesterday, 10lb 2 oz as of yesterday! It was our last group appt :( we took a pic of everyone and their babies! Royen is doing good, getting her too bed is still a bit of a struggle but I think she has a bit of reflux so that's why she hates being flat so much, so keeping her up after a feed / feeding more upright I think is helping. Elimination communication ( getting her to potty) is still going pretty good, lately haven't been getting as many but she's still doing a few here and there, I've been a bit lazy / slow offering it so is imagine that's why

They "got used to the idea" with Rowan while I was pregnant, but then freaked out and were assholes until he was like four or five months old. I still remember the day I brought Rowan home and I had to be alone as Derek needed to go to work cause his boss was a dickface... his daughter told me to "shut that fucking thing up" When he started crying while I was changing his bum. I will never forget that... sigh. Whatever. I guess it is their call if they want to be assholes.

Logan sounds like he's doing well, glad you're getting some rest, Ella :D

Wow, Talia, 10lbs already! Big little girl lol! ♡ That's awesome. And have you considered getting one of those inclined pillows for her reflux? Or just going to tough it out?

Ya that's really disheartening that they're so inconsiderate and oblivious to the needs of babies. Boo but whatever it's your life, you're the adults and they have to realize that. It just is too bad that they can't enjoy the experience a little bit.

Ya we moved the bassinet part of her play pen into our bed to make it easier to do the night time feeds etc and we do prop up the head of the bassinet with a pillow underneath but it's still not quite a solution. She totally projectile milked ( cant really say it was puke haha!) on me today, second time I've had to completely change my whole outfit lol

Had my first baby blues cry today..... I'll copy what I wrote on our March thread....

I feel like Logan is almost permanently stuck to my boobs as he keeps falling asleep and then wants more! And then I'm worried that my boobs are gonna explode because of it, cause they're so big already so if he keeps wanting to feed they're gonna keep growing!!

And my poor boy has a sticky eye (just like Lucas used to have)... I know they say squirt some breastmilk in it, but I'm not sure how often I'm supposed to do that and never really felt like it helped with Lucas! Feel like I'm constantly wiping his eye with cooled boiled water and squirting milk in it!

And on top of that I'm worried about his cord... it's black at the end but in the belly button it's still white/normal coloured and there's some blood aswell! Glad the midwife is coming round tomorrow cause I'd like her to check it!

Sounds like Royen is loving the milk though if she's up to 10lbs!! :thumbup: well done!! Hopefully you can figure something out for her reflux that'll work!

And Caitlyn, just ignore them when they're being assholes like that! If they don't like it they can go somewhere else! :winkwink: You can't not have a baby cause they don't like it!

Oh Ella! I know how you feel. I had a big old crying night last Tuesday when Kurtis was out coaching football!

With the cord, they cut Royen's super short and she had quite a deep innie so the outside dried right up but the inside stayed moist and gunky ( and a little bloody). We just cleaned it and dried what we could every day... Around 2 weeks the outside started to come off but it was still hanging by a moist thread. So I just kept rolling a qtip in there to dry it out. It fell out completely that night. Just keep an eye on it, clean it if its really yucky but most of all make sure you dry what you can with a qtip

I'll have the midwife have a look at it tomorrow and see what she says.... I know it can be normal to have some blood, as that's just some left over blood from before. It just looks kinda yucky! I'm sure he'll be fine though, but you can't help but worry! :dohh: mums eh?! :winkwink:
Thanks for the tip though! :thumbup:

Ya if definitely try to clean it up and make sure it's dry, you don't want to get it infected.

What did the midwife say about his belly button?

Oh sorry!! Didn't realise I hadn't updated! His cord actually came off that night... I went to change him in the middle of the night and it was gone, the clip was lost somewhere in his clothes... was a bit of a: WTH? where's that gone?? moment :haha: (especially at 3/4am!)
But yeah the midwife said it looked fine.... it's still got a little dried blood there now, I cleaned some off this morning but there's a little more now!

Also, he gained weight!! YAY!!! And my boobs are back to normal, also yay!!! :haha: They're not like massive rockhard basketballs anymore!

How are you girls doing??

Doing good :) Nothing much to update here. Haven't felt baby since last Wednesday so must be in a weird spot. Woo second trimester :)

That's good his belly button is doing good :) Rowan's came off early too, the cloth diaper took it off at like three days.

Holy, I didn't realize, second tri already?! Wow! But I guess first tri kinda feels shorter with the 'head start' second feels the longest.

Glad to hear his cord feel off and is looking good.

Royen is over a month old! And our last baby get together is today! Phew! So much visiting every weekend! Glad to have some time to ourselves!

I feel like first is the longest. Once I can feel them regularly it flew by with Rowan and I am sure it will this time too. Just like summer always flies by. I am excited to finally get massive ;) Derek thinks I am nuts lol.

Can't believe Royen is over a month old now ♡ Awwww she's going to have all the adorable summer outfits ♡

Also, this thread is now over a year old :)

Hi ladies. I've been away from the site for a few days. Had my 1st wedding anniversary yesterday and finally got a cot and mattress, pram and 2 car seats (1 for both cars) now I'm struggling to figure out what other big items we still need.
Still waiting to get huge but am still loving my little bump.

Yay to 2nd tri!! I hated all the uncertainty of 1st and always waiting for something to go wrong.

Give us a bump pic, Kristy :D I saw on fbook about your anniversary, happy anniversary :)

Happy anniversary from me too!! And happy birthday to this thread whatever the year date was! Lol that's unreal!

4 weeks and three days until I find out the sex!! (Hopefully) :rofl:

Wow! It's crazy how fast it'll come, but it blows my mind that it'll mean that Royen will be another month older! Jeez!
I can't wait for that scan!! I'm totally batting for the fences that its a girl! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->