• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

I think you should take it easy for now, so unless your version of setting up the nursery is sitting in a comfy chair and pointing at things for your DH to do, I would say wait a few days at the very least :)

:haha: that's exactly what I was planning on doing for the cot, bassinet and other big things and slowly sitting on the couch going through the clothes we've been given from a friend.

Really you won't even need the cot for six months give or take with baby in the bassinet (I didnt use mine at all), but I understand the need to have it all done :) I can't wait to start organizing clothes.

The cot is more for DH he really doesn't understand this baby stuff. I'll have to wash the bassinet covers this week and get it all together. Might even let him put the swing/rocker his mum brought us for Christmas.

Any tips on how to get comfortable with these pains? I can tolerate the pain it's self, just getting frustrated with constantly being uncomfortable.

I agree, take it easy. I don't agree about the cot however.... Lucas slept in his moses basket/bassinet for about 6-8 weeks and then was in his cot as he liked having his space and the moses basket wasn't big enough for him to be comfortable anymore. Wonder how long Logan will be in it :winkwink:
Anyway, let your OH do everything and you can sit and point :p haha and tell him what he's doing wrong :haha:

Not too much longer now for your next ultrasound Caitlyn!! :thumbup: It's April!!

Def take it easy with the nursery, you still have lots of time and you need the rest.

I was just thinking yesterday that it might be time to ditch the bassinet part of the play pen because when Royen stretches out her feet a d head hit the ends lol and I think she'd also like the extra space

Lol don't take my word... I co-sleep so :p

Not much going on.... Just got our new sofa yesterday - FINALLY!! haha, they kept changing the delivery date everytime it was about a week away, really annoyed me, but it's here now! :happydance: Very comfi!
But yeah not much going on, been to get Logan weighed yesterday, he broke the 4kg mark now! He's 4.16kg (3.6kg when he was born and he's 2.5 weeks now) so doing very well!!
Compared it to Lucas, he was 4.7kg or so when he was just over 3 weeks, so they're matching up pretty well :winkwink:

How are things over there?? Still doing well?? Baby moving lots??

Nice :) I saw the sofa on facebook :) Lucas and Logan both look tiny on it. Very cute. So is your family complete now? :)

Baby still only moving once in a while, I wish they'd move more. In a few weeks I guess :) Three weeks until we find out the sex :D

Yay for the new couch! I get excited with new house items.

Wow, only 2 weeks to go?! Not sure if time is speeding up or if it's just a lot going on that I'm loosing track of it :dohh:

Not much going on over here. After the 'pains' I had Sunday-Tuesday I've been taking it pretty easy. DH isn't very impressed that I've let the house go a bit but I'll catch up tomorrow (vacuum and general tidy up).

Oh and if I wasn't loosing track of time enough were looking into buying our first home so lots of excitement happening with that just got to square finances away so that we still can live comfortably with bub once he comes.

Not sure... I feel pretty good with my little family at the moment, but still reckon there's room for 1 more (girl :haha:) Jay doesn't want any more, but he said that after Lucas aswell.... so I'm sure I can convince him over time :winkwink:
After this labour with Logan I really don't wanna do it again though, it was really hard, I really struggled! I was laying there crying my eyes out, whereas I didn't do that with Lucas at all!! Dunno what it was exactly, but I got pains with every contraction that kind of felt like they were in my tailbone - if that makes sense?! And they REALLY hurt!! I can deal with the contractions, but that was horrible and has really put me off to be honest! But I'm sure I'll 'forget' about it in a couple of years and then want another baby haha! I'm already not wanting Logan to get big haha!! :dohh:
But we'd definitely wait about 3 years again, I like the age gap! Maybe even longer, but we'll see!!

OOOOOOOHHHH only 3 weeks till your ultrasound!! Can't wait to find out if we're right about it being a girl this time!! :haha:
Bet you can't wait!!!

Oh and Talia, I saw your post on FB about VBAC..... Are you thinking about a 2nd already??

I didn't see anything about a vback :( Missing important clues n stuff... lol.

And I am SO excited to find out what we're having... I am pretty sure it is a boy, though :) And I'm cool with that. I could totally be the cool mum of just boys :D Aaaand a girl would be so much harder on the donor... especially if she inherits the red hair lol. He's always wanted a redheaded daughter... but any girl would be hard for him as he has three boys.

Hey ladies sorry I've been quiet! I saw your new couch, looks really nice! Sounds like Logan is doing really well!

Eekk 3 week countdown!! Ya I guess if it is a girl it would be tough for the donor eh? I can just picture you both with your long red hair!

Oh jeez, ya my friend mentionned she saw the post on that vbac group, I thought it was private, oh well lol we'll def have a second, not soon though at least 2 yrs to give my incision and tear time to heal proper. I just have an appt with the surgeon on Monday and I wanted to be prepared to defend the idea of a vbac, that group and their website are a gold mine of ppl who've vbac'ed with classical, inverted T and J incisions, really opened my eyes. Makes my little 4 cm tear seem like a walk in the park to allow a vbac. The ASAC lady also was helpful solidifying the doc ill get the second opinion from....

Glad you're getting a second opinion, Talia :) I hope you get your VBAC in a few years and that it all goes much smoother next time. :hugs:

Thanks! It would really mean the world to me for things to go as planned. I feel like I got cheated on the birth after all the hard work I put in. So fingers crossed in a few years time

I have everything crossed for you :)

Sooo as embarrassing as this is, I may be away for a while... internet and TV have been cut as we're having some issues financially... so I'm relying on my cellphone data and this site takes up too much of my time and data if I pop on as I'm kind of addicted lol. So message me through facebook to chat for now, ladies. Terribly sorry about this. :blush: Talk to yous again soon.

:hugs:

Don't worry bout it Caitlyn! Everyone has some issues sometimes!!
We were looking at having to go back on benefits, cause the place Jay was working at was doing staff training (for their permanent staff) and so the temp agency workers weren't needed for last week and this week! So he's had 2 weeks of no work and not getting paid (including this week). So that would've set us back £400! We went into the agency today and they told us that work should be back on next week and they said Jay had 6 days of holiday that he could get paid out for (as he had the whole week off last week) so that way he only misses out on 1 day of wages. Fingers crossed he'll get a permanent contract after his 12 weeks with the agency are up (apparently when it comes to agency workers they get a 12 week contract and if the employer wants to take someone on permanently before then they lose like £4000 so they have to wait until after the 12 weeks are up! He's been there about 8 or 9 now though!)

Anyway, Hope you get your financial situation sorted soon, it's not nice having money troubles!! :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: I hope your hubby gets taken on permanently soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->