4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Oh that's crappy that money is tight! We've all been there, that's for sure! And yes Ella I hope jays work situation gets sorted for the better as well...

AFM in St. Albert waiting for the OB, he's in surgery so at least another hour wait... Wow am I ever glad I had a midwife and never had to wait forever, thank god Royen is happy

Wow so glad I didn't have him as an OB... Our appt was at 445 and we didn't get in til 8, just leave and come back and wait in the teeny waiting room with a million ppl ahead of us... Had to feed Royen in the back seat of the car once and sitting on the floor in the hallway cuz the waiting room was so cramped and noisy...
Either way went well ish, very much more pleasant man compared to under stress when we met him at the hospital. He really took the time to explain the extension and it was how it was explained in the report (yes!) that it was an extension of the incision going downward. He still was quite firm about no vaginal births ever again and 'strongly recommended' a cs at 39 weeks next time...

Bummer about the no vbacs though.... Or are you still wanting to get more opinions about that???
Can't believe you had to wait so long!!

I just got Logan to sleep! He was asleep earlier and I was just about ready to go to sleep myself, after he'd been asleep for about an hour or so......this was at 9.30pm And then he woke up! Ofcourse!!! haha
So I fed him again, hoping he just needed a top-up and would go straight to sleep..... he fed, I put him down when he was asleep (fell asleep on the boob) and then he woke up again! :dohh: So I tried feeding him more, as he still seemed hungry! He had a little more but after a while he just kept getting frustrated or something when I'd put him on my boob.... so I figured maybe he had wind, couldn't really get anything out of him though... so tried again and he just kept not wanting the boob, eventhough he was rooting like crazy!
So I ended up giving him his dummy and rocked him to sleep - took me forever! haha It's now 11.20pm and I've just put him in his moses basket, so time for me to go to sleep too!! Fingers crossed he'll stay asleep this time!!

Ya Ella I'm still wanting a second opinion. I was suggested a website called specialscars.org by the alternative birth group of our city and it really has opened my eyes more and provided good food for thought. It has a wealth of info for ppl who have or want a vbac following 'speciaL scars' (classical, inverted T, J and extensions) lots of good articles and birth stories and some studies that shed some light on the true risk of rupture etc.

I am back :)

I'm shocked you waited so long to see the OB, but glad you're going to get a second opinion and that you're well informed :) Sometimes I think doctors do what's easy and by the book instead of looking at each individual case.

Ya you're absolutely right. Some just stick to what they know and no negotiating.

Well, AFM, we had our first meeting with our parents to plan our wedding! Hahah it's gonna be crazy since its such a short time frame but I think it'll all come together

When's the big day? If it makes you feel better, Rowan was only five months when we got married.

Well it'll be about the same, she'll be just over 6 months! August 30th, it's Kurtis's late grandparents anniversary, would've been their 51st...

Another midwife appointment today :) This time I get to ask a bunch of questions (so unlike me) about home birth lol. Yay.

What's up with you ladies?

Yay! I always loved my appointments, just cause it made time seem to go faster, looking forward to your next appointment.
How long now until your ultrasound?? Only like a week or so right??
Sorry, lost track! Time seems to be going so fast at the moment!!

Logan is 1 month old today! Can't believe it's been a month already! Still feels like it was only about a week ago that we were in hospital to have him! But then again, he does look so much bigger than he did when he was just born! Going to get him weighed again tomorrow, wonder how much he weighs now. (he was 3.6kg when he was born and 2 weeks ago he weighed 4.16kg) I said to Jay I reckon he'll be about 4.3kg now, but seeing how much he gained in the first 2 weeks, he'll probably be more like 4.6/4.7kg

How is Royen doing Talia?? Is she sleeping alright? Bet she's getting big! Can we get a picture??

Next Thursday :D I'm excited.

And I saw the pics of your little man, he's such a cutie! Getting big :D

Ooooh!! It's getting so close!!!

Just got back from getting Logan weighed, he's now 4.85kg!! that's 1.25kg up from his birthweight! Can't believe he's almost 5kg already!! He's getting so big!!!!
I'm really noticing how quickly they grow this time, and I don't want him to get big so quickly!! Before I know it he'll be big like Lucas!!

Oh and Caitlyn, just to warn you, once you have your baby.... it'll be really weird to put a nappy on Rowan (if you still do that - like for naptime or bedtime).... I lay Lucas down on the floor and he's just like a giant!! It's so weird, and he's so heavy!!!! (15kg) :dohh: They suddenly seem SO much bigger than they did before you had another baby :haha:

Lol he gets a diaper for night time so yeah I am sure that will be bizarre. I remember the velcro tabs used to overlap and now they're at the outer edges of the diaper lol. Too funny.

And wow he really is growing like a weed!

Booby juice for the win!!!

Oh and my thrush seems to have cleared up - I think! Been giving Logan his nystatin drops and I've been using the cream. I had a milk blister/bleb aswell, right at the top of my nipple - friggin killed!!! That has 'popped' though and it's not so sore anymore. So glad to be able to feed like normal again from my right boob! I'm still slightly apprehensive of feeding on that side, but I'm sure that'll go once I'm used to it not hurting anymore :haha:

Hey ladies, I had written yesterday but it got eaten in Internet land! Tuesday I had my last MW appt, kinda sad that I don't get to catch up and chat with her anymore, boo :( but Royen weighed in at 11lbs and 4 oz! Yay back on track after those slow gain weeks! Her head circumference Nd length are both up 5 cm from birth! Growing like a weed!

The other big news us that we've started wedding planning and it's official the tent is booked and caterer is chosen! We just need to fully decide on a menu, probably doing a bbq pig roast!!

Woohoo one week til your scan!!! Anticipation!!!

And glad your nipple is feeling better and that Logan is cruising along with his weight! Boobie power!

Isn't boobie juice awesome stuff? Blows my mind hehe. But I'm glad Logan is doing so well!

Yayyy wedding planning :D Such fun! And yay Royen for getting back on growing track :D

Hi!! Hope you all are well. Just wanted to share one of my 3D pics I had done today. I got ALL 174 of them so I won't post that many.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
Awwwww look at your little guy ♡ Soooo sweet!

Got my ultrasound but bub was upside down (as you can see in the attached images) and would NOT move aside from dancing to the music hehehe. Think we know gender but legs were closed pretty tight as well. I have another on May 1st (they wanted to wait longer, but accommodated my May 4th gender reveal party), hopefully they get all their measurements then and baby opens their legs to confirm :)

Attachments

• BARTONCAITLYN20140424153110503.jpg
    BARTONCAITLYN20140424153110503.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
  • BARTONCAITLYN20140424152900506.jpg
    BARTONCAITLYN20140424152900506.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Caitlyn, there's no mistaking that he's my kid- he has my nose, chin, face shape, cheeks.- just hoping he gets something from his father lol.

Hopefully bub cooperates for you on your next scan. We had to make Liam move as half way through the scan he was over it and rolled over (face down) and when he did turn around he curled up into my hip to use it as a pillow- no wonder I've been having hip and pelvis pains!

Oh and my baby shower is the same day as your gender reveal party!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->