• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Aww yay! Chatty girls!

First off Caitlyn, I'm so pumped you're having a girl!!!!!!!! I'd imagine the donor knows, what was his reaction?? Glad you had a good gender reveal!! Sucks that Derek got laid off but sounds like you guys have something good in the works! And even if that falls they there's jobs galore in AB. Also, screw what ppl say, I think the name Maple is cute and I think it goes well with Rowan! Good pick!

Same with Liam! Glad you pegged the name cuz he sounds like he's ready to move on out! Lol sorry you were suck and hope the blood in the urine quits!

Ella I wish we had beaches here :( lol looks like Logan is sleeping pretty good! We had Royen sleep 930-7am so nice! I get the thought to put Royen in her room but I like having her close... So probably won't do that just yet.

Anyways not much to talk about myself, going wedding dress shopping for the first time Thursday! Eekkk

The donor was shocked. He was convinced he couldn't have girls. It will be interesting to see if he tries to find a woman who still wants more kids now that he and his wife are getting divorced... and thanks for the comments on the name :) We wanted another tree (well I did haha!) And Derek wanted five letters to go with James, Erika and Rowan. And it also fits with my little sister Willow :) And when she is older if she wants a more serious job she can go by May (even though by then I hope they don't judge your abilities on your name...). Anyways, we love it.

Wedding dress shopping sounds fun!! How exciting :)

ooooh wedding dress shopping!! I loved shopping for mine! I wanna go again!! I am totally addicted to wedding dresses, whenever we pass a shop I HAVE to look in the window, can't help it. Jay always says: you've already got one! And I'm like: well I want another one! haha :winkwink:

I agree with Talia, don't take any notice of people with their opinions about your baby's name!! I like the idea that all your (step)kids have 5 letters in their name!

I think the term "pigeon pair" might be an Aussie thing then haha.
Maple is a really nice name and don't let anyone tell you different!

Glad the babies are sleeping well for both of you!

Afm, had another hospital appointment yesterday and the doctor isn't quite convinced that the leaking I've been having isn't a very small leak from my waters so I have a long list of things to watch for and if I have any signs of them I have to go straight up to L&D.

Well it is good that they're keeping an eye out for you but scary at the same time. I'm hoping you just have a leaky bladder ;) Either way, hugs to you!

Down to single digit weeks left for you, Kristy! Yay! :D Liam will be here before you know it :D

Yay Kristy! Not long to go now!! :happydance:

And Caitlyn! You're over half way!! Hope you're doing well?? Getting big yet?? I wanna see another bump pic :flower:

Talia, can you show us some more pictures of Royen? I saw the picture on FB and she's getting so big already!

Logan will be 2 months on thursday! Going so quick! Unfortunately his sleeping has been pretty terrible since we've been back home from my sister's, so for the past week or so! He slept well the first night we got back but after that he's been waking up every 2 hours or so! Last night the longest stretch was 3.5 hours! Thinking he's going through a wonder week, but I find it hard to tell where he is as I'm not sure whether to go by his due date like you're 'supposed' to cause last time it seemed more accurate to go with his date of birth. If that's the case we've got another week to go, though he would be out of his 'stormy' period... so hopefully that means his sleep will get better again aswell! I don't expect him to sleep 6 hours or so but back to 3 or 4 hours at a time would be nice! :sleep:
Oh and it looks like his hair is going ginger or very strawberry blonde like... daddy won't be happy! He doesn't think boys should have ginger hair :winkwink: haha - he's got his mum to blame for that if Logan does go ginger :haha:

I'm not much bigger than the last pic lol :)

And I've always gone by their birthday to measure where they are, but every baby is different as well, and I've never heard of a wonder week or a stormy period, so I can't help, sorry hun ♡

But I hope Logan has red hair cause awwww gingers ♡ Derek was hoping Rowan wouldn't get my red hair heehee. I hope Maple does because it would be nice to have one of them a redhead.

Thanks ladies. It hasn't hit me that it's down to single digit weeks left. Still feels like for ever away lol. But knowing it's 59 days until due date is making me happy:happydance: Although I'm going to have to get a wriggle on with buying final stuff, picking up the laybuy, finish washing everything (I've only done the 0000's and started some blankets) finish setting up his drawers and finalize how I want the nursery to be- can't make my mind up :dohh:

Yay Caitlyn over half way now!! 3rd Tri isn't too far from you now!
Ella, I hope Logan goes back to better sleeping habits for you real soon.

Well Logan slept from 8.45 till 2.15 so 5.5hrs and then from 2.30 till 5 and 6 till 8 So much better than before! Fingers crossed he keeps it up!

You should look up 'the wonder weeks' it's a book, about baby's mental leaps - they can be more clingy, fussy and sleep poorly when they're going through a mental leap, which means they're learning new things. You tend to notice some differences after they've finished the leap, like smiling more, cooing, following you with their eyes etc.... I had a hard time with Lucas when he was about 4 months old and then read about the wonder weeks on here and bought the book! It's great to help you understand why your baby is being a little fussy bugger at times! haha

Oh okay :) I was never too concerned when Rowan would go through clingy phases or not sleep well, I figured it was just a growth spurt etc. So I guess I was right, lol. Mental growth spurts must be rough on the poor wee ones :)

How has the transition from one to two been, Ella? I keep getting panicky about it as Row is such a mama's boy and loves his cuddles...

P.s. 300 pages on this thread!!

Transition has been easier than I thought to be honest... I was scared I would've forgotten how to take care of a newborn, but it just comes back to you and you just get on with it! Though that's not to say I don't feel like a first time mum when it comes to some things haha... I wonder if it's normal or if Lucas had it etc.... :dohh:
Lucas is pretty independent so we haven't had too much trouble, though I do like to try and make sure that I don't mention Logan too much (like don't say too often: no you can't because Logan.... or something like that!) Though he's getting better now. Definitely noticed that he's getting more used to Logan and more interested - he asks to touch him and to hold him sometimes now!
Honestly, the best thing is just to go with it! haha You can't really know what it's gonna be like until you've got it (just like before you had Rowan you didn't really know what it would be like to have a baby (of your own)) :hugs: You'll be fine!!

I've gotta go now cause Logan is not happy and needs to go to bed!

How are things girls??? It's been quiet on here!!

How are things with you Caitlyn? Has Derek managed to get a different job yet? Hope you're doing ok!!

My little bear is 2 months old already!! Dribbling and has a terrible dribble rash on his chin! Getting massive aswell! I saw a newborn the other day (a few days old) and was surprised how tiny he was! Then I looked at Logan and thought: omg! you're a giant!! :haha: He's only 9 weeks old and I've already forgotten how little he was when he was born!! Time for another :winkwink:
Oh and my lovely AF returned yesterday, total surprise!! I went to the toilet and was like: wth is this? This isn't supposed to happen yet!! With Lucas I never got my period back until about a month after I'd stopped breastfeeding, which was at 7 months! I don't wanna have to deal with AF yet!! :dohh:

I got af right after I stopped bleeding basically. Four weeks of lochia, one week of nothing, one and a half more weeks of lochia, two weeks off, af regular from then on. So I know how you feel, lady ♡ That really sucks. Ah well, easier to go make another baby hahaha!

Sorry for the silence, my friend paid our way out camping with him and there is no cell service at the lake. It's kind of nice, really, to not always need to reach for my phone.

Derek kiiiiind of has a job tattooing at an old friend's shop for now, cash under the table, hopefully it works out until he gets the name hire at the end of June. Luckily my co-op put us on subsidy temporarily and our rent is now just over a tenth the normal price... phew! Makes things a lot easier to manage.

Anyways, what have you ladies been up to?

Ya sorry it was quiet here, the last weekend was a long weekend and people tend to go camping for the first time of the summer, is included. We went to our friend's cabin from Friday afternoon til Monday. I was worried about running out of cloth diapers but Royen only ended up using 8 diapers the whole time, she went on her potty better than at home!
Sorry that AF showed Ella, that sucks. Mine def hasn't shown itself at all, hope it stays that way!

Good news about a bit of cash for Derek and a break on rent!

That's awesome that Royen did so well with camping :) Rowan loves it too. He learned a new boy rrick... peeing on trees lol! And today he decided to pee in the middle of our front yard! Sigh. Crazy boys...

Went through all the clothes I have from Willow's newborn stuff and what people have gotten Maple already and she is set for clothes aside from socks (and plain white onesies, but I know I have a bunch from Rowan so I just need to go through his stuff for the gender neutral items) but I am pleased that everything is ready, more so than I thought. I just need the next age bracket (3-6), so I hope people will get those for her hehe.

That's kind of funny if you don't celebrate Victoria Day, Ella :D We do in Canada, although it is more of an excuse for a long weekend.

ha! that is kinda weird that the UK doesn't celebrate it....considering she was their queen haha! :dohh:

Glad to hear you're doing good, both of you!!!
Can't believe Royen is almost 3 months!!!

We're getting Logan weighed today and then after that he has his first immunisations!!

Also, we reckon Lucas may be autistic....we're gonna try and get him tested!
I spoke to my mum about it, as she works with autistic children at her school and she agreed that he has some signals/symptoms so she also recommended getting him tested! I have been thinking it for a while but didn't know how to bring it up to Jay and I thought I was probably overreacting, but we talked about it and he said the same thing, that he'd noticed it aswell....

Yes I saw your post about Logan's weight! He weighs more than Royen now. She's been kinda slowing down in her growth, was seeing a lactation consultant and have to go back to the doc in a week, the LC didn't seem too concerned since she looks so well and feeds often and sleeps thru the night.

What signs have you been seeing with Lucas? I hope there are some good programs around because autism can definitely be tough. Glad to hear everyone is on the same page to have him tested!

quite a few signs! Most prominent one really is that he's really sensitive to noises.... a plane flying over, motorbike riding through the street, hand/hairdryers, washing machine and even Logan crying at first make him cover his ears and say it's loud! We went to a playgroup the other day where we sang some songs and he did the same thing there! He has always had a preference for spinning toys, when he had a car or a bike or something he'd tip it over and spin the wheels, instead of actually playing with it, though he doesn't really do that anymore! He likes repetitive things, I hadn't noticed it, but apparently whenever he plays hide and seek he always hides in the same spot!
He HATES new things, bought him a coat in the winter and he kicked and screamed when we put it on him, it took both me and Jay to put it on him the first time! Same with the year before that! He doesn't like certain foods if it's shaped different to what he's used to! He'll eat chicken nuggets and turkey dinosaurs, but giving him a piece of chicken fillet he won't eat it! Same for fish fingers, if it's not shaped like that he won't eat the fish, even if it's the same! I gave him a chocolate m&m earlier today and he wouldn't eat it eventhough it's just chocolate and he likes that!
He doesn't really look you in the eye when you try to talk to him, I'll have him on the naughty step and try to tell him why he's there and he won't look at me....
Also, he doesn't really play with other kids... he likes to be around them but he doesn't really play with them! But I guess that could be just him being shy.

Anyway, I spoke to someone about it today and he was still supposed to have his 2.5 yr review, cause he never had it....so they're gonna do that but do a more thorough one cause we've showed concerns about him.... so it's not necessarily a test or assessment for autism but they'd be able to pick up some of the signs I guess and then refer us if they're concerned.

Wow! Royen sleeps through the night??! Well done!! How long does she sleep for?? Logan has kinda picked up his better sleeping habits again, the longest he's gone was 7 hrs though, so he still wakes up around 3ish because he goes to sleep around 8.
Hope you can just continue breastfeeding her, even if her weight gain has slowed down! I guess they don't really worry as long as she's not losing any weight! Just wait, before you know it she'll have another growth spurt and put a load of weight on again! :winkwink:

Ya those signs sound a bit concerning but can also, like you said, just be shyness and preferences etc. glad you're getting it checked out.

Ya Royen sleeps pretty well, I say sleeps thru the night but its not a 12 hr stretch or anything. Usually like 730-8 til 4-530, last night though she went to bed late at 1030-6. She always potties and feeds well and then sleeps for another 3-4 hrs. We're lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->