• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Ella, that sounds like my nephew (SIL's son). I have pointed things out and voiced my concern and they seem to want to remain in the dark, which in the end is sad for my nephew as the earlier you can find treatment, the better and he is turning five on Rowan's birthday. I hope school will voice their concern as well, as the poor little guy even says he has no friends. (It isn't a wonder why, he cries and refuses to share and is way over sensitive to discipline, as in Derek will tell him to stop something, like running in to a stranger with his small toy car, in a firm voice and he will cry like it is the end of the world). Anyways, there are many many things including covering his ears for noises which I noticed before Rowan was born, and hitting himself when upset... Anyways, there is a lot of help out there, so I am glad you're looking in to it.

Talia, sounds like Royen is being a dream for you, that is awesome :) Does she sleep in your room?

To be honest, it's not easy admitting it... or seeing it and actually doing something about it. Cause a lot of things could be explained away and sometimes you think you're just being one of them overprotective parents.... but I know it's best to get some help as soon as possible!
Lucas can also overreact when I tell him off, he always starts crying for daddy.... but apparently he cries for me when Jay tells him off if I'm not around...haha I thought he only cried for Jay cause Jay is the softer one out of the 2 of us... Sometimes I think he's too soft :haha:

Sounds like Royen is doing really well!
Logan sleeps from 8.30 till 1-3ish depending on the night haha... last night it was till 2ish and then slept from 2.30 till 6.
Pretty happy with that! Especially seeing as he's only 10 weeks old tomorrow! He does take a long time to put down at night though, he spends a lot of time laying there comfort sucking on me... but I don't wanna take him off cause that wakes him up or he'll wake up again soon after I've put him down!

Thats sad about your nephew but like Ella said its hard to admit or see it as an outsider. Hopefully the school will have him assessed. And ella, again good for you looking into it.

Ya Royen is in our room, the last few nights she's uncharacteristically hard to put down!! Last night she slept with us cuz I was not gonna fight with her fighting sleep. We did go to ft Edmonton and she didn't nap really so it could be that. We'll see how the weekend goes. We are probably going vehicle shopping today. The car radiator got cracked and the trucks suspension blew out a few weeks ago. Kurtis ordered a new radiator but the truck is really on its last legs. Hopefully get a used SUV or something, it'll be nicer for the carseat and the dog.

I need some help ladies!! Someone in our March group bought a really cool keyring for her hubby for father's day and she told me she bought it on etsy so I decided to have a look...... But now I can't decide which one I want!!!

Here's the 4 I wanna pick from.....
Obviously the one with the picture I'd get one each.... The guitar pick ones I'd get one of each colour (saying their names and d.o.b. and a message on the spare one). Same goes for the 3 circle one.... Or the one with the keys I'd get it to say something like 'you have the key to our hearts' and their names on the other one.... I CAN'T DECIDE!!! :dohh:

Oh whoops! I was meant to add a picture...
I have sort of picked now though! The picture one I like, but I'd want 2 and I know hubby doesn't like having large things on his keys so they're a no-go!
I like the one with the guitar picks, but I'd like them to be stacked, in different sizes - I asked whether that's possible but they haven't replied yet.... I'm probably gonna go with the bottom left one, with the circles...

Attachments

• Fotor0524205425.jpg
    Fotor0524205425.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
I would say they probably have a set metal punch in the one size only for the picks, so your best bet would be the stacked rings. So cute :)

So sorry for the silence... I wrote a super long reply, it got deleted, I got mad and came on the next day and wrote another super long reply which also got deleted. So I give up lol.

haha.... Silly website!!
And you're right, they only come in one size, which is what I thought!
I'm gonna go with the circle one and I was cooking a stirfry tonight and remembered (and noticed) that our wok is really bad so I've decided to get him a new one aswell (a Tefal one this time!) So he gets 2 presents - he loves cooking so it's a good present for him :)

We've been having some bad days with Logan when it comes to his sleep! Probably cause we've had no routine really in the past couple of days, we went out on friday afternoon and saturday he didn't sleep well either and yesterday he got overtired cause I was helping Lucas make a cake and Jay was playing his game (I was kinda counting on him getting Logan to sleep in time, as I had mentioned that he needed to go to sleep!) Anyway, he had a pretty good day today! 2 long naps his first long one was broken in 2 though as he woke up after about an hour. But the 2nd one was good! But I think I put him down too late again tonight cause he's now crying/moaning again...:dohh: so I guess I'd better go sort him out! haha
I love Jay for giving me lay-ins on the weekend, but it tends to screw Logan's routine up a little cause I try to pay close attention to when he eats and when he needs to sleep, whereas Jay seems to just kinda go with it.... and it makes him overtired/overstimulated sometimes!

All those key rings are good choices!! So sweet but I do love the different sized circle ones. And a new wok sounds fab!
We got a new vehicle on the weekend a 2010 dodge journey, it's like an SUV minivan, we love it, it can seat 7 if we need but it's super easy for the carseat and tons of room for the dog. We also replaced our car radiator yesterday so woot woot two running vehicles again!

Yay running vehicles! That's awesome. Derek refuses to go to a mini van ever again he says haha. We'll see ;)

Looks like a nice car Talia!! :thumbup:
I really want a car and finally got Jay round to the idea and the fact that it would be a hell of a lot easier for us now we have 2 kids, and we can afford it, but the problem is that Jay doesn't have a permanent job so if he doesn't get any work for a while from the agency then we'd be screwed with paying the insurance! (but I'm sure I've mentioned this before...... sorry!)

How has everyone been???

I told you about Logan having bad days with his naps and not being great at night! The past 2 nights he's been awake 3 times I think and one of those times he'd stay awake for over an hour!! In the past 5 days there has only been 1 day where I didn't cry cause I was tired and frustrated with him not sleeping well! Yesterday we had had a pretty bad night and after so many bad days with his naps I'd just had enough, so when we got up in the morning Jay told me he had a headache (again! He'd had a really bad one 2 days before and then another one the next day) so I said call in sick... that way he could help me out aswell cause I really needed to have someone around to help me out. Cause I felt like all I did all day was try to get Logan to sleep and the best place to do that is upstairs in his room where it's quiet, but I can't leave Lucas on his own half the day!! I was seriously fed up last night after Logan woke up again after I'd only put him down 25 minutes ago!! But today he woke up in the morning, fed and almost fell asleep again, so I tried my best to get him to sleep and he just decided to be wide awake, so I was like: you know what?! I've had enough, I'm not gonna keep trying to force you to sleep, if you sleep then you sleep, if you don't then you don't I really don't care! :dohh: So I decided to just take it easy and not stress about it.... took him downstairs and put him in his swing wrapped in a blanket... I went to do the washing up and he fell asleep in his swing! Only slept for half an hour but I was happy enough with that! Then around midday I got him to sleep and he slept for 3hrs and 15 minutes!!!! That's what he used to do! He used to have only 30 minute naps and 1 long one around midday, so I was happy! Ofcourse he fought his late afternoon nap as usual and only fell asleep for about 10 minutes maybe but again, I decided not to stress about it. Just took him upstairs for bed around 8, he kept feeding and feeding and feeding - massive clusterfeed, it actually started hurting my nipple, I was like: are you done yet??! And then as I went to put him down he opened his eyes again but was still drowsy so I put him down anyway and he's still asleep 30 minutes later! It took me like 1 hour and 20 minutes to get him down but hopefully he filled up nicely for the night :winkwink: One can only hope :haha:

Thanks Ella. And Caitlyn it's not a minivan according to Kurtis because it doesn't have sliding doors, maybe that argument would work for Derek!
Ella that sounds awful with Logan fighting sleep. Maybe it's just a bad wonder week or he's hitting the month regression early? Royen sleeps when she wants and it doesn't seem to affect her night time sleep. When we're home I try to keep some routine but out and about its hit or miss. They fight it so bad!

I was lucky with Rowan in that I never had to pay close attention to his sleep schedule. He napped LOTS and was generally fine at night as well. I bet Maple will be the devil incarnate, but I guess we'll see :) I don't plan on stressing about sleep or schedules for the first six months at least.

So my buddy gave Rowan a hand me down electric quad... he loves the thing lmao! He is a total natural following the paths and sidewalks, and even doing a 90° turn... he even did a 180° turn to head back home! My boy is growing up too quick :(

Anywho... vday :) yay.

How are you ladies?

Oh wow!! Vday already!! It seems to have gone so quick!!!! Can't wait to see your little bug Caitlyn!! :flower:
It's crazy how good kids are with things you think they wouldn't be able to do yet! :haha: Lucas always amazes me!

Logan slept for 6 hours last night after I put him down, then I put him down after changing and feeding him but I don't think he really went back to sleep, I could hear him moaning through the monitor and at one point he even (accidentally I guess) switched on this music toy he's got in his bed, must've hit it with his hand or something.... and then 2 hours later I heard him chatting away, but yeah I don't think he really went to sleep cause in those 2 hours I was kinda dozing off in my bed but kept waking up cause he was making noises, not sure what he did when I was asleep though! haha
He has barely napped today! We put him down this morning around 11.30 and he woke up again, then Jay got him down again for about 30 minutes maybe, definitely no longer than that! And after trying for an hour I managed to get him to have a nap on me for 30 minutes aswell!
At one point he was asleep in my arms, but it was light sleep and Lucas decided that would be the best time to have a poo on the potty - Jay was in bed with a headache and I was stuck holding Logan trying to get him to sleep/stay asleep and Jay's brother is here but he (obviously) refuses to wipe Lucas' butt :haha: So I had to put Logan down! :dohh: Great timing :haha:
Wonder how he's gonna do tonight!

Hi ladies! We must all be busy. This is the first time in almost 2 weeks I've been able to get on.
Just wanted to check in and let you all know that Liam is over half engaged now and is making everything difficult. Also am having terrible "Braxton hicks" that become regular (5 mins appart) for a few hours then back off but because I'm not dilating no one is concerned about it (except me ofcourse). My sister had to have a c-section as she never dilated even with medical help.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey! Sorry to hear about your braxton hicks causing you issues. I had my first one (ever!) Last night. Not fun. And they probably get you scared and excited at the same time, being so regular eh? Ick. I send hugs. Liam will be here soon :)

Oh you're exactly 10 weeks apart! :)
And 30 days left for you Kirsty (right?) and almost double figures for you Caitlyn!! YAY!!
I think it's gone so quick! But I guess I've been preoccupied with my 2 boys!
Hope you girls are doing well and can hold on just a little longer! :thumbup:

Are any of you doing anything for father's day on sunday??
We got Jay 2 little presents and a card. And we'll be having dinner with his parents aswell!
Logan will also be 3 months on sunday yay! Going way too fast!!!

Got Lucas' review this morning, will have to update you when we're back :)

Yeah, we discovered this earlier, Ella :p Kinda funny. But yeah, like I said on fbook, I can't believe how fast it is flying by, and I am so so so excited for the birth. I had another midwife appointment today and it was awesome as usual. So happy :) My only fear now is giving birth so fast that no one has time to get there and I'm alone with Rowan.

How was Lucas' review?

How fast was your labour with Rowen?? 2nd labours tend to be faster, but not necessarily! My pushing stage was faster, but the rest took forever (as you know) I guess not as long as with Lucas, but I had hoped it was a little faster haha :winkwink:

I'm gonna get a call with the results next week.... it seemed like a pretty basic review, she just let him play or played with him and asked him to do certain things like pick up little plastic pins and stick them in a board with holes in to make sure his fine motor skills were alright and asked him to jump and hop and asked me some questions like if he runs, how he walks up the stairs etc.
I gave her a list of the things we noticed in him and explained a few of them, though there wasn't enough time to go through everything properly!
Wonder what she's gonna come back with next week! :shrug:

Well you will have to keep us updated for sure!

And my labour from first cramp to baby in my arms was 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->