4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Def look into it, my friend is having a home birth in Beaumont. Lots of midwives have admitting privileges at hospitals too. And if I remember correctly the gn has tubs but they won't actually let you birth in them, but it's def a good comfort tool. There are a lot of small practices in Edmonton. Also if you see any floating around in those free newsstands check out birth issues, they are a local magazine that features all that stuff, lots of ads for midwives, doulas, diaper services, photographers you name it. After nursing I've been considering going back to be a midwife so I've done a bit of snooping around

See I want to actually birth in a pool. There was no time for birthing comfort... and usually the next baby is similar or quicker, so I may not even make it to the hospital lol.

Still not sure what to do. Stupid body. Why do you have to be so melodramatic and bleed?!

hubby said the doc said if I still don't get my period and negative tests by the time I'm a week late then I can come in to see him!
So hopefully AF will stay away!!

What exactly is the difference between midwives and obgyns???

Can't believe your first birth was that quick! So jealous!! From my first contraction it took 82hrs before I had Lucas in my arms!! :dohh:

No, the quick birth was so scary... everyone tells you your first will take a long time so that is what you plan on, a gradual building of pain, being able to talk to someone about how you're feeling... no... my birth was scary and I panicked. One of my friends had to calm me down. By the time I got to the hospital thy waited what felt like forever to check me, then realized I was 6cm already and admitted me, had me walk to my delivery room and by the time I got on the table it was time to push. And I couldn't stop it or slow it, my body was doing its thing. Hence the ripped cervix. But it is rare that the first is so quick.

And obgyns are doctors, midwives are more like nurses I guess? They are specially trained for more natural births.

Yay for only a few days away then! AF had better stay away or she and I will have words on your behalf :grr: lol

Ya would you be open to a home birth? I think the only hospital that might actually allow the water birth is sturgeon in St. Albert... Probably wouldn't make it there. Usually the second is quicker but when I was at the mis I had a few pts with like 3 hr firsts and then laboured all day lol I wonder if the cervical tear makes you a bit higher risk?

I'm not sure if it make me higher risk, I never asked actually. Maybe I will on the thirteenth. And I am open to it but I don't know if my step kids would be okay with me birthing here lol. They might stress me out anyways... and I kind of hope next time is a bit longer, it was too intense.

Well it's always an option so keep it in the back of your mind.

I'd be a bit weird about giving birth at home... I know loads of people do it, but I'd just be happy to not have all the mess etc in my house haha!
I was in the pool for a while whilst I was in labour, but I couldn't really push in there cause it was a bit weird shaped and couldn't get in a good position to push. So I got out and gave birth to Lucas on the bed. Had to have a drip to get the contractions going again aswell, as it took a while and they were starting to think about 'helping' me (with ventouse or forceps).
My MIL was there and she said: you do not want them to help you!! trust me!! So I was like: right, this is it! You're coming out NOW!!!
My body also did it's thing, they were telling me to stop pushing at 1 point but I don't think I was really doing anything and Lucas just flew out and tore me (not my cervix though). Hubby said Lucas came out like superman!! :haha: He had his hand on his face, which was probably the reason it took so long to push him out!!

Well, I was just sitting here on the sofa, minding my own business..... when I thought... it feels like something is leaking.... So I went to the toilet and there was the tiniest speck of blood in my underwear... So needless to say: I'm out!! :cry: The ugly :witch: has finally shown her ugly face! I knew it was gonna happen after I tested again and hubby asked the doctor about when I could see him, cause that's what always happens! Once you make plans, someone/something comes along and trashes them!!!
Really gutted that I'm not pregnant, but at the same time I feel like I always do every cycle so far.... same shit, different day! :dohh:

Hopefully you're still in Naaxi!!!

Damned :witch:!!! Always has to ruin everything. Sorry to hear about that lady :(

thanks.... I was never hopeful until my temps were so different than normal and I was late.... And I thought I got some faint positives, but maybe that was just us hoping....:wacko:

thanks.... I was never hopeful until my temps were so different than normal and I was late.... And I thought I got some faint positives, but maybe that was just us hoping....:wacko:

So sorry:cry::cry:...Hoping next month is your month!

Eurgh dumb :witch: :grr: What a jerk. I send hugs your way, lady.

Hubby doesn't believe that I am pregnant, thinks the lines are in my head. I have to wait to test again anyways so I guess ot doesn't matter if he doesn't believe me... if there is no line in two days, then he is right. Or might as well be, because I lost it. But I still have symtoms. Would I still have acid reflux and a sore lower back if I was no longer pregnant? Hmm... guess I will have to (say it with me ladies) "WAIT AND SEE." Lol.

I have no idea what else to tell you! Your body is sending you for quite the whirl, I just hope you end up at the right destinations! BFP! And yes chorus now! Wait and see!!!!!

Ps. Pls checkout the bananas thread I had to blab earlier to just get a few things off my mind lol

I replied over there :) Sorry for the delay, I went swimming and brought the neighbour's daughter.

No worries! I don't mind at all! I just didn't want you to miss my ramblings since someone posted below lol

Don't worry, I go to the last place I posted and read everything in these two threads :D

Haha yup gotta train those hawks eyes between hpts! Lol I'm a bit jealous you know I still have a week + before I can even think of poas

I'm a bit jealous too and can't stop thinking: my temp went up again this morning maybe i am pregnant and i'm like caitlyn! :dohh: and then i tell myself i'm not a medical mystery (they were talking about that in grey's yesterday :haha:)

We worked out that if i were to fall pregnant this cycle the baby would be due 2 days before lucas was due so if it would be late by the full14 days it would be born the day before lucas :haha: i'll bet you any money that we're gonna fall pregnant this cycle cause it's the 1 time we don't really want to! That's just the way our luck works....

I think it's a good sign you've still got those symptoms caitlyn! I reckon you'll get a more positive test in 2 days! Can't wait! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->