4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

You're talking about like a nicotine spray? Ya I think we have it here... Last time he tried quitting he tried the inhalers and that seemed to work kinda, it's more of that motion of smoking, the habit... I really hope he does it!

Those vapour inhalers are neat. Man, I am so glad I never went down that path. I tried it as a kid- I believe I was about seven... We lived with some bad kids around then who were 8 and 12 or 13 I think and they both smoked and stole from their parents- and so I tried it and coughed up a lung... so never did it again.

Ya I have never once smoked a cigarette, in high school tried pot a few times. So glad I never got into anything like that. Kurtis started smoking at 19! After his knee surgery! It's such a strange time for starting and he never did when he was younger... Jeez bad habit

That really is an odd time to start! Well I hope he can kick it.

Well he says its official this morning his pain got a lot worse again after having a smoke so he said him and smoking have broken up... Brace myself for a grumpy pants now!!

Aww well I hope grumpy pants doesn't last long. It's good that your kids will probably never see him smoking :) Yay. Best of luck to him.

Ya totally he always said he'd quit the second he knew I was pg... But I never really believed in that, some women who smoke can't quit when they themselves are pg. but whatever ill take it now for sure! I think he just needs a definite reason to quit not just the 'it's bad for you' rant. Ya it's funny you mention it because my dad smokes but I've only seen him do it once, and that was a few years ago! He would only smoke at work. I found out when I was younger when I was peeking at the adoption papers for my youngest brother

my husband started smoking only cause he got blown up in Iraq. The first thing they do when something like that happens to you there is give you a cigarette, to calm you down.....And then it just got worse when he'd be stressed!
He never used to smoke too much and quit (cold turkey/just like that) a couple of times but went back to it. In the end he would smoke about 5 or 6 a day, which was quite a lot for him! Though not a lot compared to most people!

My hubby also tried those inhalers but they didn't really work very well for him! I'm so glad the nasal spray worked! :) Been wanting him to quit since we'd been together... ('only' been 5.5 years, but still quite a while).

Ugh, my wisdom tooth is giving me trouble! It hurts when I'm eating! Most of it has come through but there is 1 little corner or something right at the back that hasn't really come through yet and it's irritating my gum!
I am super scared of dentists though so I don't wanna go!! But I don't think I need to anyway, I just need that tooth to come through properly so I can eat like normal again!! :dohh:

Oh wow... Your hubby has been through a lot! I'm really glad that he quit too! Ya I think this whole episode has really scared Kurtis. His grandparents who have both passed away had crohns and stomach cancer and copd , both smokers and smoking is one of the definite contributing factors for all of those things... Same with this probably ulcer that he has...

Oh my hubby was in the army, so yeah... been through a lot! He's just got out the army in October 2012, after 10 years! And had a crappy childhood, feel bad for him sometimes but he just gets on with it! Just wish his family would be closer, you'd think that a crappy childhood would make you get closer to each other but they're not... his mum says she'll call us and then never does and they don't usually seem to make a lot of time to come and see us. When hubby's brother goes home (he's also in the army) to see his parents he's never allowed to do anything, like when his parents go to bed they turn the tv off and he's not allowed to watch tv anymore cause they're going to bed and his mum does nightshifts so during the day he has to be quiet cause she's in bed... so hubby's brother usually comes to ours instead if/when he has time off cause he's bored at his parents house.
My family is very different from that! If we'd want/need help from Jays parents we don't usually get it... whereas my family (who live in a different country)... my dad would just come over here to help us move if we'd need him to help us! He'd come over for the weekend or something and just help us out! And they see Lucas more often than Jay's parents. My mum tries to skype me almost every weekend so she can see Lucas on the webcam and they're usually over here every time my mum has a holiday from the school she works at! My parents have seen Lucas more often than hubby's parents and they live in the same country as us (only about 1.5hrs drive away from here, whereas my parents would need to drive for about 8hrs+ to get here).

Ok rant over hahaha :haha:

Oh wow! Ya it's so different between families. It's almost the opposite for me, my family lives half an hour away and they've never had dinner here or visited. We go there every so often. His family on the other hand lives in another probince, about a 12-14 hour drive (funny how different canada is, a city in the neighbouring province is so far!) they stay with us if they're in town, his mom travels a lot for work and they have an office in our city and she will stay with us about a weekend every month or two. His mom even came here for work but also made a point to have a girls day to celebrate finishing my degree where my dad hasn't even congratulated me. I haven't even seen my mom since, I finished apr 4... Either way they are the same way, came to help move his brother etc

It's hard kind of coming to terms with all of it because I really feel closer to his parents and it makes me feel guilty. and this whole baby talk its nerve wracking because his parents are eventually moving here but I don't want my parents to feel left out or not included. Also my mom has only ever had miscarriages and one term stillbirth..( all 3 of us are adopted) that's one thing that makes me nervous because it might be really painful for her and painful for me if she can't share the excitement and anticipation for a baby.... Ugh that was long but it really has been on my mind a lot... :(

I am sorry to hear that you ate feeling that way about your mom. I hope that she can come to terms with it whike you are pregnant, but I bet once there is a gorgeous new grandbaby she will definitely forget aby pain/ jealousies she may have. My mum said to me, 'You love your babies with all your heart, but tou love your grandbabies a million times more.' Derek's mom rents her upstairs to my mum and step dad and four year old sister, so it is an interesting situation. His mom is super sweet but it irritates me thst ahe can't be happy for us having another baby. My mum also knows our financial situation and is soo happy for us, so much so that she got in to a small argument with Derek's mom over it in our absence apparently. Derek's mom basically said he doesn't have the money for more kids and my mum came to the defence and basically told her it was our decision as a married couple. Heh. Seems we all need a rant, eh?

Hahah def and this is the place to do it! I don't think financials are that big of a deal, you do the best with what you have and don't feel guilty for what you don't. It just forces you to be more creative! We're not in the best financial situation but I really don't mind. I still think our goals are achievable even if it means our timelines get shifted..

That's really awesome that your mom confronted her about it because she's right it's your choice and heck lots of babies are not even choices but it always works out and usually never the way you pictured rich, broke or otherwise!

That's what I said! Everyone always finds a way to make it work. I can garuntee the baby and Roean will never go without. We may have to make some sacrifices ourselves, but boo hoo. Lol.

Exactly, it might be bad to say but I think of other people who are in no position to have a baby and somehow they pull through. Our lifestyle would change but there's no excuse to, like you said, for them to go without. I'm not worried about money worries for you or I

Neither. We'll figure it out :) Anyways... my boy is a stubborn muffin today. Almost fell asleep trying to get him to sleep in his own bed... so he's watching tv with me now lol. Yawn.

Hahah aww cutie! Update on kurtis's break up with smokes. Guess after he text me (740am) he had 4 smokes by the time he came home (5pm) so they're still hooking up but he's really cut down today, had 2 more I think through the course of the eve... I'm pretty proud so far FX for the next few days

Woohoo! Way to go for his cutting down! :dance:

Hi, at my heaviest I weighed between 330-345. I have since decided to lose weight to improve my chances of getting pregnant. I am now 293 and have started using opks. I finally got a positive opk which never happened before. Me and my husband bd'd the day I got a positive opk and the day after. Will the weight loss and the days we bd'd help chances of conception? I don't know if what I'm experiencing is period symptoms or possible pregnancy symptoms. I am 5 DPO and i have gas some cramping and twinges of pain on m right and left side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->