4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Ya the beginning was really slow but July has been so crazy for us so far it's been breezing by. Only a week and a half til our appt!! Wee can't wait!

I agree that July has flown by for me. I was pretty sure Canada Day was only a few days ago lol. Which is sad because Derek leaves on the 1st for work. Maybe this will be a deja vue where I get my bfp right before he has to leave. I hope so. Might be going swimming with the donor and family tomorrow night so I might be able to talk to him in person alone tomorrow and see where his head is maybe. (He and I like to swim around in the deep end).

So how are your symptoms doing, ladies?

I thought I had replied to this yesterday, sorry caitlyn! Hope you had a good chat with the donor and got things straightened out! Also I do hope this is a repeat of getting pg when Derek is away!
AFM, symptoms are the same, nothing new really. God having such a hard time motivating myself to get ready for work!

Yay!! Just got a letter with the date for my first scan!! I'll be exactly 12 weeks! It's on the 23rd of August, which is still ages away, but at least I have a date to look forward to now!! :happydance:

I'm going swimming with him tonight, Talia lol. Hopefully I get a moment with him alone. And aww... I have troubles getting motivated to leave the bed and I am not even pregnant haha.

Ella, the 23rd will be here before you know it :) Almost half way through July already! Holy man... lol. And that's good that you'll be 12 weeks, you'll be able to hear your fluff :D

AFM I am not feeling this month at all. At all at all. And FF puts my O date as the day before donation if I discard the night I got only two hours of sleep and had been drinking. So I put it back to make me feel better. But I'm honestly not feeling it this month.

Oh sorry! Read that wrong! Hopefully you'll get a chance to chat! I still think you're in regardless. My bfp was the cycle we barely bd'd on time. And I thought I was 100% out. Keep your chin up!

And yay for scan date! I miscounted yesterday for our appt, it's 12 days away and I'm hoping we can get a scan the next day or something!

yeah, we didn't BD a lot when I got my bfp... only 4 and 1 day before O.... we were only gonna have the 4 days before O because the dreaded thrush came back again, but we just did it anyway... :blush:
So I still think you're in and me and Talia will keep the faith for you!!!

I'm a bit annoyed at the moment, cause hubby will NOT sit still for longer than 20 minutes :S He keeps cleaning and doing all sorts!! I know I shouldn't complain, but it's been like this for over a week now and I just feel useless cause I don't even get a chance to do anything, makes me feel lazy!
And earlier he was asking Lucas where the fishnet was cause Lucas was playing with it earlier... and I was down in the kitchen aswell and he didn't even ask me... Lucas wasn't replying, so he might aswell ask me, he might've actually got an answer! And then I just got it out the cupboard and put it on the side and he was still looking for it! I was thinking to myself: It's right there!!!! :dohh: So in the end I just took it and got the fish out for him! And then he came back and was like: oh where was that??? :dohh:
I think I've got moodswings.... :growlmad:

Aww Ella... you just might have moodswings. I feel for you, lady... moodswings suck. But noticing you are having one helps.

Talia your scan should be soon anyways :) Have you opted for the amnioscentisis or whatever? The test they have to do around 11/12 weeks? I never get it. Wouldnt change my mind and would just worry me unneccesarily.

Afm... Glad you ladies have faith :) I don't. And won't probably. Aaaand looks like the donor is setting up to cancel on swimming later. Eurgh. I hope not but his "sure" has turned in to "I think so, but have to do x first".

Do you mean the nuchal translucency? For downs? I dunno, probably not... And def no amnio or anything unless there's suspicion of something serious

I think they do the nuchal one here as a standard... not sure though! They did it with Lucas and can't remember them asking me.... (that's the one where they measure the folds of the neck right??) And I wouldn't get an amnio cause I know there are some risks and it wouldn't change anything for me anyway... I don't agree with abortion (apart from extreme circumstances) and especially not when it's 'just' because you don't think you can deal with bringing up a child with down's! Not saying it's easy, cause I'm sure it's really really hard! But I just don't agree with killing a child because it's not perfect! (or what society considers as perfect)

Yes it's the neck folds one... The thing is with downs I don't think even if the nuchal test said really high chances I would even get further testing, once they're born you know if they do or not and Downs has such a spectrum it would be hard to judge whether to terminate or not based on the one gene. Many ppl with downs are very high functioning and successful in their lives. It would be hard for sure but I know I wouldn't feel right making that decision in pregnancy cuz you just never know which card you're being dealt! My 2 cents!

exactly.... Even if there's a high chance that doesn't necessarily mean they have it.... So like I said, I would still love that baby just as much as I love Lucas.

Yes I suppose the follow up is the amnio. I am on the same page as you ladies :) They could even say 100% it is downs... and you end up having a completely healthy baby. So whatever. I will deal with what I am dealt. Todat is so warm I am just beat lol... How are you ladies?

Tired I fell asleep when I got home from work, then Kurtis came home and we napped til 8 lol just had supper and I could go do bed again! Hahaha

I'm alright... Was looking forward to Lucas' swimming lesson today, but it seems he has a bit of a runny bum, so we might not go. We said we'd see whether it was still like it later today, but he's had 3 poo's already today (and think he might've just done another) so if it's still runny we might have to keep him home... :cry: Also need to make another doctor's appointment for him, cause he's still sounding all chesty... Last time the doctor said he didn't have an infection or anything so we could just give him some cough syrup and he gave us an inhaler because we said the syrup didn't work... But the inhaler was a nightmare!! Lucas hates it, he screams as if you're trying to kill him!! (understandable but annoying when it's something that's supposed to make him better and you can't apply it properly!) :dohh:

Hey, Caitlyn wanted to let you know that her Internet is down and she did see your comment, she will try and post from her phone soon is my guess! Cheers.

I'm bit ignoring you either I'm just at work! Lol

haha, I saw, she sent me a fb message :)
But thanks for letting me know ;)

Alright, looks like that is cleared up. But aww Ella your poor little man! Sorry you can't go swimming and that his lungs are still gunky..

Talled to the donor a little bit... apparently he is just clueless as he asked if I wanted more donations last night... I told him I already ovulated abd he said he didn't believe in that hahahahaaa oh man... boys are silly. Anyways, looks like things are okay for now...Still think I am out. Although cheese does taste heavenly and I have been neauseated... but I think the nausea is from the heat and maybe leftovers of my bug the other day. And the cheese... well who doesn't like cheese lol.

Oh shush! You're pregnant, i have a pregnancy radar now! Like i can smell it! :winkwink: actually all i can smell is lucas diarrhea but i still think you are! :p because i want to be bump buddies and am sure talia wants you to be hers too!

:rofl: omg I am dying!! Well maybe you are right. You never know, Talia didn't think she was knocked up... I just wish I could know so if I am not I could go back to exercising my (fl)abs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->