4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Sorry the McDonald's didnt sit well, Ella! That's sucky, but maybe baby will encourage better takeout options lol. I grossed myself out a few months ago by looking at my burger before I ate it... now I usually can't bring myself to eat there... and when I do, it does nothing for me. I am no longer under the McDonald's spell lol. But I do miss their fries... Your day at the gym/swimming sounds lovely, though.

Talia, I am pleased your appointment is so soon, and if they dont tell you to go for an ultrasound, I would demand it... but with the spotting, I can almost garuntee they will. Oh and remember with the doppler, the placenta has its own heartbeat, different from Baby's. I think it is your heartbeat actually... Although I am sure you know that... just a reminder for if you find a lower number than expected.

I am alright, AF seems to be slowing down finally. Looks like the donor is going to be out at the lake lot often this summer so I guess I may not get a donation this month after all... I guess we will see.

Ya there is definitely a spot on the right side that I pick up my own hb, I don't think it's the placenta though I think it must be a big artery, sounds cool though lol.... Ya im happy we could book a spot this week! Eeekk! It's getting to me, I don't think I have any symptoms anymore, I know things die down a bit but its def not reassuring lol

Oh how exciting you got your first scan soon!!!! :happydance:
Can't wait for mine! 4 weeks on friday!!

Caitlyn, you should tie your donor to his house or something! Or just go with him when he goes there! :haha:
Hopefully you'll be able to get a couple of donations in around the right time!!!

I've felt sick all day!! Tried eating all sorts and nothing helped! Couldn't even really drink any water, that made me feel more sick! Went to the shop and asked them if they had anything for morning sickness and the girl serving me was pregnant herself and wearing travelsickness bracelets. So I bought some of those, which seem to help! I didn't really feel sick anymore... actually ate my dinner!! Though I only ate it about 45 minutes ago my stomach feels empty again already!! I don't know what's wrong with me, my food just goes in and then disappears!! Last night I had the same thing, I ate some stuff before going to bed and brushed my teeth, and as soon as I got into bed my stomach was growling again!! :dohh: It's really annoying!!

"I don't know what's wrong with me" YOU'RE PREGNANT, ELLA! In case you were unawares hahahaaaa :rofl: And Talia, sweetheart, don't worry. Your little olive is snug as a bug. Just getting comfy. You absolutely MUST post pics! If they don't give you one (my early one didn't) snap one on your phone when they let you tidy up afterwards (they usually keep it up on the screen). ;)

And Ella... don't think it didn't cross my mind to tie him up lmao. I need to trick him in to being tethered to me... but the weekend before I should O I believe I will be with him out camping... but finding an ideal opportunity to whack off in to a shot glass and then for me to insert eith a syringe might prove difficult hahahahaaa... :rofl:

I'm sure you'll find a way!! :haha: I can just imagine it... on the floor in a cosy little tent! :p

Gosh really?? I didn't realise I was pregnant! :haha: I know that! But yeah, I find it very annoying to eat all the time, cause nothing is tasting nice anymore because I'm constantly eating and trying to find some sort of variation! Oh well!! Hopefully it won't last too long!!
At least it seems those travel sickness bracelets worked! Glad I bought them! Jay was very sceptical... he was like: so how is a little band with a hard thing going to stop you feeling sick?? :haha:

Hahaha you girls are hilarious!! I laughed at the 'Ella you're pregnant!' So funny and true! Those sea bands work wonders I heard, the little bead thing is supposed to press on a anti nausea acupressure point! So tell that to Jay!
Also, hilarious about tying down the donor and tent donations! I really hope you get your donations on time and with a funny story to boot!
I will definitely be getting some sort of pic when I go. It will be my dating scan so I hope I get a physical pic! Eee 2 days!

Lol Ella... personally I am glad your only issue now is that you want to eat :p I hope you find something that strikes you as delicious... and I hope it is something utterly bizarre hahaha! My first craving with Rowan was a pulled pork sandwich haha :D

Talia!! One more day!! So exciting. And tent donations are an awesome story, but seeing as the donor is supposed to be anonymous... the story will be mine to cherish haha.

However the donor's wife asked me yesterday when I would like to start donations again. So yay. Everything seems back to normal on that front.

Yay! Things are back on track with the donor and his wife! Are you still on the fence about wanting to try this month?
I can't wait, almost 24 hours til the scan!! Eeek!! I don't know if its just a pg stage or the nerves but I haven't been sleeping as well as before... Or it's just cuz I'm sick, Kurtis gave me his lovely cold. Yuck, and he's such a whiner when he's sick, hello I have the same sickness and I'm preggerS! Haha
Hope you find something to eat Ella, all I really want is carbs lol perogies or noodles are my go- to. Been craving a DQ blizzard badly but I don't know if that's pg or sore throat related lol probably both! Hope everyone has a good day! I have a wake to go to this evening and the funeral tomorrow, hope my hormones don't make me into too much of a blubbery mess!

Yay for things being back to normal with the donor!!! :happydance: Glad things are better!!

Oooh.. I remember Dairy Queen ice cream! (yes I googled it, cause I didn't know what DQ blizzard meant :haha:) Anyway, they had the best caramel ice cream when I was in America/Canada.
Hope you're gonna be ok at the wake & funeral Talia!
How have you been feeling??

I've felt much better yesterday and today, was a little weird at one point today, kept having black spots in my eyes, without feeling dizzy... but that's gone now. I got up with Lucas this morning and dropped him off at nursery and then when I got back I went back to sleep for about an hour, I was so tired! I almost fell asleep on the sofa before I had to drop Lucas off!!

Mmm ice cream is my favorite thing! Yummy! I've been feeling pretty good, minus this cold, yesterday a bit of nausea came back but I think that's probably the worst of it. Hope you start feeling better and better if I remember right arojnd7-8 weeks I started feeling better every day. Just tired etc still

Yeah my sister said the same, well, she said she only had the nauseous when hungry feeling for about 10-14 days. It's been about 10 days for me now, so hopefully it's gonna be gone soon and I'll feel better again, but like I said I've felt quite good today and yesterday! Maybe that's why monday was the worst I'd been... always gets worse before it gets better :p

Aww poor ladies feeling sick <3 Talia, kick your hubby in the butt and tell him to stop complaining. You've got it worse haha. Boys are such babies.

Ella, hope the bands work enough to take the sickness away. Mine never worked for me. Maybe slightly, but not enough to keep them on when the pressure annoyed me. And the black spots without dizziness comes for me when I am going to get a migraine... hope it isn't that for you.

Blah. All my muscles are soo sore. Did a yoga workout with my friend yesterday and I kept waking rheough the night when I wpuld roll over cause I am so sore lol. It wasn't even thaaaat intense of a workout!

Yoga is crazy like that! Cant wait til this sickness goes so i can maybe get back to some yoga.
Kurtis just text me saying he thinks he has sympathy sickness, he's been nauseous all week lol I don't get it... It's my time! Haha

haha... I say sometimes that Jay gets sympathy symptoms... he looked pregnant before, cause he used to bloat really bad, crazy!! But he's been going to the gym and he's fine now, not as bad at least!

meh, I'm worried!! My belly hurts, Caitlyn says it's bloating... (it hurts in the part above my belly button!) It worries me cause I'm pretty sure that's how it felt last time when it went wrong!! :cry: Don't want it to go wrong again!!!
I'm gonna go have a bath in a bit hopefully that'll help!

Have something hot to drink, tea or lemon water... It's probably just gas pains or constipation on the way... My bloating and tummy troubles are completely gone now, but sometimes I'd get those same pains. Your belly button is too high to have anything to do with bubs at this point

Yeah I agree that your belly button is too high for it to be directly related to bubs. I remember pressure and crampiness and all sorts of weird feelings while pregnant with Rowan. I say it is fine :) And I am always right.

And Talia, I was never allowed to be sick by myself. I got mad at him once when we were both sick and I was whining and he basically started making a bigger fuss so I interrupted him and told jim that no, he wasn't allowed to be sick. My turn. Lol.

Hahah I totally hear you in that, Kurtis always is sick when I am, catches everything! I blame it on the smoking! And he always seems to get it worse, or acts like he does... It's maddening sometimes when you're just like ok I take care of your whiny butt every other time! I want my own nurse this time! Make me some soup damnit! Anyways trying to get to bed, have a headache coming on and I know I won't sleep well, 930 am!
Btw the wake was very nice, they went all out, best meal I've had in ever! Oh god I ate like I hadn't eaten in days, which is kinda true, appetite has been on squirrel sized snack mode. I was a weepy mess though compared to almost everyone else, damn hormones, kinda embarrassing and it was so hot in the room. Either way many nice memories and visits. Toodle- loo til morning ladies!

Well I am glad the wake was lovely and that you had some good food and company. It is too bad that we usually can't all get together like that before someone passes as a final farewell. Or at least I felt that way with my Pepere when he passed and we all made it out to Ontario for the wake and funeral.

Alright so everything is definitely fine with the donor and his wife now. Phew. Went over to work out with her and Derek did manly things with the donor and it was exactly like it was before. Super relieved. So donations starting around the 1st. Wee :)

The moment you've been waiting for! Measuring one day ahead at 10 weeks even! HR was 172!! So relieved and excited!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
AHW!!! YAY!!! :happydance:
So cute!! And it looks much more like a baby than the ones that get done at about 8 weeks!!

I got a call from the midwife today to book my booking in appointment, 1st of August! Can't wait... I know it's kind of boring cause nothing is really gonna happen but well, it's still exciting!! Last time I didn't make it to that appointment (and this one is about 2 weeks later than the other one was booked for aswell!)

So glad to hear you and the donor (and his wife) are all good!! Glad everything is back to how it was!! And you'll be getting donations again soon!! Next week!!! :happydance: So exciting!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->