4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

He's half Dutch half German, but his Dutch side (mom's) is a lot closer to us! Ya we had a boy name over a year ago and just figured the girls on the weekend!

About the nickname thing, I dony nean bad nicknames... because kids will find something bad regardless to make fun of. Kids are ruthless. I meant like Jacob would probably be called Jake by quite a few people, etc. And even if there isn't a known nickname, people shorten or alter sometimes.

The witch did finally arrive. CD1 came mid way through the day so I get a bonus half day of no bleeding lmao. Okay so now that she is here... go away AF so I can get donations again LOL.

Oh ya we like jake just fine we'd probably use Jax though too... And you're so right about kids finding something to make fun of!

Boo AF but yay new cycle!

Go away AF!!! SHOO!!! :haha: Hopefully she'll be gone soon, so you can start again! But at least you know now and you can prepare yourself for a new cycle! :flower:

Oh yeah! We reached blueberry stage today! :happydance:
Woke up at 5.30 this morning with really bad cramps and seriously thought something was wrong, but then went to the toilet and had some TMI diarrhea and it was gone after that, so must've just been that!! Freaked me out a bit though!!

Ya I'm sick of everything putting me on high alert for a few mins! I just want a scan or something! I really hope I don't have to wait til 12 weeks!
Yay new week! But I'm disappointed was I really a raspberry last week? I thought I was a green olive already! Boo I think my WTEWYE app has said green olive for the last week! Humph! Preggo problems!

Yeah you should've been a raspberry last week! Can't believe you're an olive already! Mine is a blueberry :)
I don't have the ticker, but I have an app on my phone that tells me :) (my app is called: I'm Expecting) I got it last time I was pregnant, but as you know that went wrong so I took it off my phone and just put it back on when I got pregnant again! 5 weeks till my first scan!! YAY!!! :happydance: Can't wait!

Jay's dad dropped in this morning, he was around for work and rang Jay to see if we were in. Only was a quick visit of about 10-15 minutes but at least he got to see Lucas for a bit. Lucas was REALLY shy around him though, didn't even want to say hello and when I handed him to Jay's dad he kept reaching for me :nope: That's how often he sees his grandparents! He doesn't even recognise them or know who they are! Hopefully we'll be able to move down their way soon so he can actually get to know them, rather than them being strangers to him!

Awe I wouldn't worry too much about the shyness my friends little girl is around the same age and we see her almost weekly and she's still shy with us some days! Yay Fridays! Only the weekend til my first appt!!

Aww... there was a time where my nephew did that to me and it broke my heart. And Rowan does it to Derek's dad who is in a senior's home and it just makes me sad. Although he is getting slightly better with him. I hope that is the case for Lucas too.

Lucas is really good with Jay's brother though cause he sees him regularly! He stays with us quite a lot so he sees him quite often. But also my friends he's fine with usually, he sees them once a week (if not less).
I just really want him to be able to feel alright when he sees his grandparents and not feel like they are strangers that he's never seen before. You could just tell from the look on his face he didn't know who he was!

Oh exciting you have your first appointment!!! I haven't heard from my mw yet so I don't know when I get my appointment! Can't wait though!! :)

How are you doing Caitlyn??

I'm bored lol. 20 ish days until O so it'll be boring on this end for a while. My Mum basically told me she thinks it is my fault for the miscarriage because I am still breadtfeeding and that she thinks it takes up too much of my body's resources so the baby lost out... and she thinks I should stop nursing if I want anotheror wait. But she also thinks Rowan is way too old to nurse. He isisn't even two. Eurgh. I just... can't win. Don't know what to think. I won't wean him, he isn't ready...

That's ridiculous, growing babies leech everything from the mom not a breastfeesing child... And def not the reason for the mc. How cold is that! Sorry you had to hear those unfounded words :( you're doing an amazing thing bf Rowan and you should definitely not wean yet until you're both ready! Suck it lady! Lol :hugs:

I don't think that's true... I don't think you can blame it on you still breastfeeding! There are plenty of people that do it (especially if they fall pregnant again early on after having their baby) and surely they don't all have a miscarriage!
I don't think it's right that she just said that to you! Way to make you feel bad!! :cry: (no offence to your mum btw!! Just not very nice, but then we all say things sometimes that come across different to how we mean it, or things we maybe shouldn't say :blush:)
Found this for you: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x552918/can-i-breastfeed-while-pregnant

If you are worried that that's why it happened and you're worried that it'll happen again then maybe up your calorie intake when you fall pregnant again, to be on the safe side.

I was trying to have dinner earlier, had some pizza but I was really struggling to actually eat it! Had some melon just now. Think I'm gonna have some of my popcorn now! Mental how much I eat and how many different things I have to buy just to be able to eat, cause if I'd have to eat the same things all the time I'd really struggle to eat! :dohh: It's bad enough as it is atm. I guess it's a good sign though, but once I hear that baby's heartbeat I would be happy for the symptoms to go! :haha: As long as I can hear that heartbeat every so often at home! (got my doppler yesterday! Obviously not using it yet!!)

Thanks for the link. It makes me feel better aside from the needing to wean if bleeding or having had a previous miscarriage... but I will only take that as true if I miscarry again. I don't think I will though. But I am also not sure if I will try this month. Maybe I will. I want to but I am getting in to this exercise thing now haha. But I guess I will see where the donor's head is this month. I'm all confused now with what I want. Too bad it probably isn't a good idea to do both. No... I will try this month. I can get fit after babies. And I can still walk daily while pregnant.

It is so exciting that you ladies are close to hearing your little ones! And I hope you don't cave and test too early, Ella. I hope you can find it right away so you don't worry. <3

What is new with you ladies?

Hey dearie!
There are definitely ways to have a fit pregnancy! What kind of exercise have you started? I've been a lump on a log lately, did that hike and a few 1hr walks here and there and now I think in getting a cold :( nothing new here, symptoms are slowly getting less, my boobs are actually decent in a normal bra lol little gaggy yesterday but meh! Getting anxious for the appt!

You can still exercise when pregnant, though I have to admit, I don't because they say it's best if you were already exercising before hand (and I wasn't really!) Walking is still a good thing though!!!
I agree with the getting fit after baby though, we can do it together!! :happydance: But I get what you mean about not wanting to get pregnant in a way, but then also wanting it! I was like that, I was like why should I try to lose weight if I want another baby... but then I was like I want to lose weight....maybe I should wait with having another baby. :dohh:
:hugs: I'm sure you'll be happy once you're pregnant again! And then you can think of losing weight/exercising afterwards!! :flower:

I've been a total pig today... ate so much!! Just because I didn't seem to get full, not even a little bit. I just felt all empty all day, until I had McDonalds for dinner... yeah I know, McDonalds is not very healthy, but I have to admit it was the first food I actually enjoyed in a little while!! My BIL suggested it and after he said it I was like: hmm.. actually, I fancy that now!
I'm feeling pretty full right now, which is good as I keep feeling empty just before I go to bed and have to have some biscuits or crackers before I go to sleep cause I feel sick otherwise!

I've been jogging/walking as much as possible and doing ab exercises and squats and whatnot... just tired of hating my body lol. I loved it while pregnant. That was the most comfortable I have been with myself in forever.

This morning I get to go do a newborn shoot. Woo!

How are you ladies doing? Also, Ella, don't worry aboit McDonald's... that was all I could eat for a while when pregnant. And only the spicy buffalo chicken snack wrap befire they took it off and fries.

Well, it seemed my stomach didn't agree with the McDonalds I had last night! Woke up at about 2.30am with horrible cramps so had to go to the toilet.... if you get my drift!! :dohh:

Had quite a nice day today though, hubby and BIL went to the gym and Lucas and I had a little swim in the pool where they go to the gym (same building). And then we had some lunch, went to the toy shop, bought Lucas some new tracks for his garage and a fishing game. And then we bought him 2 new little fishies to go in with his goldfish.

How cool you got to do a newborn shoot today!! That must be so much fun!! I can imagine it can be hard sometimes aswell though!!

So ladies, first appt is today! I've been hacking up a lung lately, same with Kurtis. Bad bad coughs! Yuck! Otherwise, just now I booked my first scan for Thursday am! With tHe couple times of bright spotting etc I really wanted to get in, apparently the normal wait is 3 weeks but Kurtis's aunt works at an insight imaging and got us in! Just hope I get a req from the midwife today! I'll be demanding one. I borrowed Caitlyn's Doppler and I don't think we've found anything, Kurtis thought he did the first try but now becoming more familiar with it, I think it wasn't picking it up, just random noise that would register a number, still haven't heard 'the train' or 'galloping'. So more wait and see!
How are you two?! I really wish I felt better to get back to being a bit more active and eating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->