4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Sigh... I forgot I had added a few mamas who were expecting around the same time as me and the one just showed up on my newsfeed announcing gender. Sigh. And donor has left again for the mountains. We are also going to the mountains, but they are staying in Canmore and we are in Banff. We will prob meet up for a bit but I doubt to get a donation lol...

Oh Cautlyn it's hard when that hapens and being reminded like that isn't nice.
I hope you and Talia have a nice weekend in the mountains.

Hmm.. So I caved and tested early. It was bfn.
I'm going to wait and see if AF shows now. I haven't been thinking I am but tested any way. I'm still having bad reflux which occasionally causes me to vomit and have had sensitive nipples for a few days. My lower abdomin has been tender today but not cramping. AF is due in 2 days so I guess ill sit back and wait.

Oh Caitlyn! That must've been really hard to see! :hugs: hope you're ok!
Bummer you guys and the donor are both away again! You've had 2 donations so far though right? Maybe you can get some more in before O, after the weekend?

I just found out my sister was thrown a babyshower yesterday, by her friends, and i wasn't even invited! :(

Nah I only got one donation. The other fell through. Oh well. And aww, Ella, that's not cool. I wonder if she is planning on having one for just family, either before or after as a meet and greet? Still sucky that you weren't invited.

Talia, how are yah, hunny? Are you gone to Rocky House yet?

Kristy, thank you for your kind words. Sorry your test was negative, but youve got time yet. Did you use a frer? And have you ever had acid reflux so bad you vomitted before? That is a sign in my opinion :) What are you up to this weekend?

Ella, have you listened to your little's heartbeat lately? I loved hearing Rowan ♡ What else is new?

ETA: OPK is super + lol. My luck. On to September I guess...

Nope I haven't listened to it lately, cause stupid me decided it would be ok to pack my doppler away after seeing the baby on the scan. And my pregnancy book is in a box aswell, so I've been kind of deprived :winkwink:
Hopefully we can move soon so I can get them out again!

Ahw, bummer! I thought you had 2 donations and ofcourse again, the dark + OPK just as you're leaving! You need to tell Derek and the donor that you both are not allowed to go anywhere in the week or so around your O next month!! :haha:

He shouldn't be going anywhere next month, as his kids have school. The only thing that may intervene is if he chooses a job on a pipeline far away. But I don't forsee that in the near future. Fingers crossed haha.

And boo for packing the doppler away... ;)

Oh yeah I can't wait to move and unpack it! :haha: First thing we'll do is use it! :winkwink:

Hopefully you'll be luckier next month! Or maybe have a very lucky month this time! I haven't looked at your chart yet. Will have a look now!

Hahaha my chart is pretty hopeless. Would be the best chance for a girl though if I did get knocked up on some miracle haha! But nope. I don't think it'll happen. Ah well... get more fitness in haha :)

So what's happening with you today?

Caitlyn, no I've never had reflux that bad before. Yes I used a frer. I don't bother with the "cheaper" brands- here they're only $1-$2 cheaper.
Yes there's still plenty of time! This morning I've woken up with terrible cramps so I think the witch is coming and if she does it means ill have my 2ww while we're on our honeymoon in the US :dance: So that should give me a pretty good distraction ;)

Yeah, I saw that you only had the donation 5 days before your +OPK. It might still happen! But I can understand you're not very hopeful!

I'm not doing much today. Went to the playground with Lucas and his friends (and my mummy friends) yesterday, so today I'm just at home, doing nothing! - Boring!! *yawn*
Hoping we'll hear something about removals tomorrow so we finally know WHEN we're actually moving! I'm also organising a baby shower for a friend who's due on the 18th of September, but she (and her mw) reckons it's going to be early. Her daughter was early so it's likely! But ofcourse the baby shower kind of has to be done this week, cause I probably won't be here anymore next week! (I hope!)

Hmm temp was still low ish at 8am today. OPK still + and general uterine achiness now, so guessing I am ovulating now. But I am in the mountains and the donor is going home early, we didn't even meet up. Ah well. Next month :) Too bad I can't just go find a local "donor" *snort*. A lot of the guys here have aussie accents. Mmm...

And woo baby showers! I organized my own halvsies with my bff because she was too busy and broke to do it all. Lol. I don't think I will get another one unless it is a girl... it isn't customary here. Actually, I believe it is considered rude to have a second shower here, but I would prob do a meet and greet after bub is born and we are settled and anyone who wishes to lavish gifts certainly can :rofl:

Kristy, yay for distractions! Hubby and I never got to go on our honeymoon. Maybe one day :)

No, we don't usually do babyshowers here. Well, it's starting to come over from the US a bit now! I never had one for Lucas, but I didn't really have any friends in the UK at the time! Met most my friends after I had Lucas, because I went to a breastfeeding support group to get me out the house!! :haha: I guess it depends on your friends whether you get a babyshower or not! We threw a babyshower for one of our other friends last year, but she had already had her baby by that time... Oh well!! :p
I just wish I could make some cupcakes for the party, but ALL my baking stuff is packed away! So I might have to order some!

Me and hubby never went on honeymoon either. We kind of had a shotgun wedding in England and then a year later we had a wedding in Holland (the whole thing with flowers, cake, the dress, everything!) Just didn't have any money to do a honeymoon! So hopefully we can have a nice honeymoon at some point! Never actually been on holiday together either! We've been to Holland together before, but that doesn't really feel like holiday to me, as we just go to see my family and friends.

Boo for no donation! Your donor should work extra hard next cycle to make up for it though ;)

I love baby showers! They're becoming quite big here except the "new" thing is for men to go to them as well..?

I had planed my wedding for 3.5 years and we've been planing this honeymoon for 4 years. The honeymoon is costing double the wedding. We are getting re-married in Las Vegas on the honeymoon as we originally wanted to elope there bit out family's got in the way a little. But I am glad they did now because I get both lol.

AF never showed today so I'm hoping its not my body being mean and playing tricks on me.

So what day would you celebrate as your wedding, Kristy? And we have the option to include boys at babyshowers but they need to be different as guys don't enjoy most of the games and whatnot.

Ella, that sounds like a lot of fun though :) And mmm cupcakes :D

Okay so no clue what's up with my chart/body. Dunno if I o'd but if I didn't, then why the +OPK s?

Pretty sure I hear crickets chirping in here lol.

I got married on the 23rd of March 2013. It was the closest date to the day we met (24/03) we met 9 years ago.

I got married on the 1st of may 2009 cause it was the first date available :haha: Hubby just found out he had to move about 130 miles away because of work and it was too far and expensive for him to travel back and forth to where I was working (and living) every weekend. I thought about renting a place closer to where he was going to live, but he would move in with me there anyway, so as we were already engaged (since valentinesday that year) we decided we might aswell get married a year earlier than planned so the army would give us a house, which was MUCH cheaper than renting our own place. So we just had a small ceremony in the registry office and then went to the pub for some drinks and lunch with our family. And went out for dinner with our parents in the evening.

After that we had the whole big wedding thing in Holland on the 26th of June 2010 cause most of my family couldn't make it to our wedding in England, and we only had a small room for the ceremony there aswell, so I only had my parents and my sister who lives in England aswell there - the room was so small there wasn't even any space for her boyfriend, who is now her husband. We wanted to get married in Holland on the 28th of June cause we would've been together exactly 2.5 years, but they didn't do weddings on a monday!

Anyways.... you know the cupcakes I ordered.... she sent me a fb message this morning saying: sorry to let you down, but my granddad has been taken to hospital so I have to go there straight away, so I was like: ok... well let's send her a message back, saying it's ok and hope he gets well soon! But I couldn't send a message back, and now when I look for her page it says it's either broken or it has been removed.... Which is kinda weird!! - right??? :shrug: Well, at least I hadn't paid for anything yet!
And another good thing: my friend who the babyshower is for said she has gestational diabetes, so she wouldn't have been allowed to have the cakes anyway!! :dohh:

I'm back but don't have time to reply! I'm all caught up but I have my CPR course this am!

Hey I know I said I caught up but I forget lol so sorry if I'm missing stuff!
Boooo for crappy donor non meetups but good attitude about the extra working out before next cycle hopefully the fall routine will be the trick to getting back on track with donations and your bfp!!!!
Ella I forget what's going on with your house but hopefully cleaning and move in is going well and you guys get settled.
Nice wedding plans and stories... Wish I had some to share lol but maybe next summer will be the chance for us to tie the knot! Lol
As for baby showers I don't think it's rude to have a second shower especially if its a different sex. My friend who's about 34 weeks who we went camping with, i offered to throw her one/ meet the baby. I'm pretty excited! She doesn't know but her mom and I are gonna make a surprise one!
Ugh since I haven't done laundry from camping I had to wear some capris that were pretty tight on the bump and I swear its making me nauseous... Also nearly started crying watching the CPR video of the kid fainting at the park... Lol terrible hormones!

Those are awesome wedding stories :) I am still wondering though, if you ladies celebrate two anniversaries, or just the first one, or second? Lol. We are going to renew our vows in seven years, on our 8th anniversary, and our second "true" anniversary (we got married on February 29th), and the plan is to doit in Jamaica like we wanted our original wedding to take place there, but my mum couldn't afford it.

Talia, I remember that feeling but from earlier on with pants! I was in maternity pants with Rowan by 8 weeks, simply because anything snug on my tummy made me sick. And sorry you're having it bad with hormones, lol. :flower: Also, I hope you are right about next month. Looks like I o'd yesterday. Temp spike this am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->