4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

I'm only going to be celebrating my first wedding date. But ill also count the day we started dating- just not celebrate (halloween 2006- it took him 2 years to make me like him)

Talia I hope you get to do some washing soon and start feeling better. I hate feeling nauseous.

Ella- that worked out well then with the cupcakes. My friend who's 22weeks just found out that she has gestational diabetes which was expected as she had it with her first too.

Well, the witch showed today 2 days late so that makes my first cycle (from coming off bcp) was 23 days and this one was 24 days. I'm not really disappointed as now I can try temping-ordered a thermometer yesterday and I pick it up today :) also; now I can have a few drinks on honeymoon.

We only celebrate our first wedding, as the other one was just a party really.... Like, there was nothing legal done, no ceremony at all. So we just go by when we ACTUALLY got married! Oh and yeah we sort of 'celebrate' the day we first got together, though nowadays (since we've been married) it's more like just remembering it :haha: Or maybe get each other a card...
That's so funny (and cool) that you got married on the 29th of Feb!!!

My belly has been hurting a little sometimes, yesterday it felt really really bloated, so much it hurt to walk. But I hadn't even had any dinner yet and hadn't really eaten anything for a while either, so it must've just been stretching or something. Think I might've felt baby move aswell, not 100% sure though!

And yeah, the whole cupcake thing worked out alright! I just think it's a bit weird that my friend didn't get tested for gestational diabetes until about 4 weeks before her duedate! Apparently she'd told them that she was feeling really tired/lethargic if she ate certain foods but they just said she was low on iron! I think it's kinda pointless for her now to really alter her diet as she is ready to pop! She's due on the 20th, but her belly really dropped since I last saw her (on saturday) so it might be born early! I bet on the 12th! :haha:
Well I bet on the 1st before and all our friends bet on dates before that, so all those dates have been and gone now so we had another little bet tonight! :winkwink:

Sorry to hear the witch got you Kristy!! (is it Kristy or Kirsty?? :shrug:)

Hey ladies, countdown is on again! Booked the anatomy scan in 3d for sept 20th! Eeee! Exciting!

K, glad your cycles are staying pretty regular since bcp... Mine were all over the place eventually evening out to 35 ish days

Ella that does sound kind of pointless and the doctors should have listened to her earlier and tested earlier. I hope you win the bet ;) and it is indeed Kristy. But I don't mind being called Kirsty or Any of the similar names. I just go with it lol.

That's really exciting for you Talia!!! I love the 3D scans! My sister had one a few years back. They show everything!

Wait so are you finding out the sex, Talia? :D

And yeah, the first day you get married makes the most sense to me. We have only had one anniversary, but the plan is to have small date nights on the off years and a party on leap year :) We just wanted to mess with friends so we waited 4 years for leapyear to come around heehee. We were just going to do it at midnight on some random day, so no one would know which day to wish us a happy anniversary, but then we thought of leap year... much more fun heehee.

Ella, that is odd about your friend. They do routine checks here, but I forget when. Around 18 weeks I think... Dont quote me on that. I could be way off haha! And i am sorry your tummy is feeling off :( But hopefully you can feel your little wiggler soon and knoe for sure it is her! ;)

Kristy, sorry AF got you. :flower:

Oh why are you doing a 3D scan so early??? Obviously it's upto you, but you get a much better picture when they're a bit older! I had one at 24 weeks with Lucas but if it wasn't for my parents being over and us wanting them to be there when we got it done I would've waited till about 30 weeks, as baby's have much more fat then and look much more baby-like. I've seen someone's pictures of when their baby was about 12 weeks I think and they looked pretty alien like and weren't actually very nice to look at!
Unless you get the 3D part for free, then you might aswell :winkwink:

Heyo! Yes the 3d is for free, so it is just the anatomy scan... I just casually asked Kurtis because his aunt told me that the other locations offer it and he said ya actually I think the 3d is kinda cool! Hahah flip flopper! Holding on strong with the gender and both our moms might come so they'll doubly make sure of no peeking lol! And I guess Ella if they still look a bit skinny etc Kurtis might be a bit happier not knowing 'exactly' what they look like, a lot can change from 18 weeks to birth! We'll have to wait and see!

Ah see, that's alright then! I just can't help but think people waste their money when they are anywhere before 24 weeks and spend loads on going on for a 3D scan!

Ya true even googling some of them, you're right some of them are very odd looking! I'm even wondering if we should reschedule to closer to 20 weeks :s

Derek loved seeing Rowan in 3D but I think it was around 32 weeks. But I will definitely do it again.

If we had the money to do it we'd definitely do it again aswell. Plus we got a dvd with our package, that's the only way of getting a dvd of your scan - paying for a private one!
At the time whenever you were pregnant (with your first at least) you got a grant, right around 24 weeks, which was like £150 I think, we used that money for it! But they stopped doing that now, you know government and their budget cuts! :winkwink:

Yay free money! We have a child tax benefit but I can't remember what it works out to. I'm not sure we'll pay for a private 3d scan or not. Probably depends on how this one goes I guess!
I'm going to be in a painting frenzy today, finishing off the rocking chair, finally! And starting a new project, painting sm lion king canvasses that will eventually each have a letter spelling out his/her name! A lot harder than it seemed at first lol I'll keep you guys updated!

Here once you have registered a birth you get $5,000 in fourghnightly payments. Used to be a lump sum but too many people were blowing it on tv's, etc instead of baby items. I personally believe it should be given out in gift vouchers for chemists, baby shops, etc..

And if your a "high risk" pregnancy then they give you 3d scans all the time. My sister had them every 2 weeks from 20 weeks all free!!! If you go privately they start at $150- from memory. Big jump from 3 years ago they were almost $500 for basic package.

Hope your having fun painting Talia!!

Wow that's pricey I think here the basic package is 75-100$... We'll see! we'll probably get anxious and want an extra peek before the big day!
Question, if you guys remember the rocking chair, the four slats that are wider on the back... Would it be cute or tacky to do different animal prints on each only where it's wide?... Giraffe, leopard, zebra and like elephant skin... ?? Honest pls... :)

Our 3D scan cost us £160 in the end... we had pre-booked it and paid for it, but then we decided to upgrade, as hubby wanted the bigger package! :haha:
We got a 10 minute dvd (which was a mixture of 2D and 3D), 4 sepia 3D pictures, 4 black&white 3D pictures and a little frame for one of the pictures :flower: It was really nice!!

Not sure about the animalprints... I don't think I would do it, personally, but it's totally upto you! But to be honest I'm not a big fan of animal prints anyway...

Ya as I was painting the second coat I decided against it... I wanna use this rocker for each kid and maybe even pass it on who knows! The second coat looks great!

Here ladies! Canvasses so far! Pretty proud for my first ever real painting project! Wee!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
3 more after simba... Rafiki, timon and pumbaa and the 3 hyenas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member