4mm cervix- ptl concern///UPDATE: Beautiful boy born 29w 6d

Thankis going for all of your replies- sorry I didn't respond sooner. It's been a chaotic few days. My water broke Saturday morning as I was just lying in bed. so we came straight to the hospital. I was on the labor and delivery floor for observation that whole day. Once my contractions (they were minor) subsided, I was moved to the antenatal floor where I'll stay til baby is born.

We've made it through the first hurdle by not going into labor in 1st 48 hours. Doc said the next spike in deliveries usually occurs at 1 week after membrane breaks- so that will be the next milestone. Majority go into labor w/in 24 or one week (or have to be induced because of infection). But if we get through the week w/o delivering, there's a good chance he will be able to hold on for several more weeks. They are treating me with antibiotics to prevent infection.

We've already met with doctors from NICU who told us what to expect for delivery and his treatment after he is born. He would likely stay in the hospital until end of June, his due date.

It's scary~ going to hospital to have a baby is supposed to be exciting (at least it was when I imagined it)...not like this. I'm working on revising my expectations and I don't need exciting any more-- just praying for him to be healthy. Each day longer that he stays in, the better it will be for him on the outside.

Wow congrats and hope all is going well for you both.
Just before 24 weeks my cervix was down to 3mm and was gaving contractions, I spent a month in hospital and have been on progesterone and I am niw back home and almost 32 weeks and babys is still holding strong. Its amazes me how everyones bodys reacts to there cervix shortening, some deliver early while others clock watch and worry for weeks,

I did have a 7mm cervix length and 1cm dilated at 21 weeks but was on strict bed rest, a cerclage and pessaries. I am praying your ill one holds on in your tummy longer.

I did have a 7mm cervix length and 1cm dilated at 21 weeks but was on strict bed rest, a cerclage and pessaries. I am praying your ill one holds on in your tummy longer.

Did they put a cerclage in at 21 weeks? The wouldnt do one for me when the found mine a 3mm at 23 weeks

Thanks for your kind words, support and for sharing your stories. OH and I are touched by everyone's kindness.

Made it through the 24 hour mark...48 hours...now 72....and on to day 4 :thumbup:

oh my... my thoughts r with u hun... :) please keep us updated. I cant imagine what your going through. Im due 10th june so i can imagine how worried you must be

xxx

Thinking of you and your baby. GOD BLESS!! God is good and I know your baby will be just fine! :)

thoughts and prayers are with you hun xx here's hoping baby is ok in there

Stay put little bubba. :hugs: Good luck Hun, I hope time goes quick for you.xxx

Well, we're starting Day 6 and baby is looking great. We thought we were going to have to induce yesterday because he had several decelerations during his non stress test Tuesday & we spent the day on the labor & delivery floor for monitoring. Doc said it evened out enough and his heart rate went back to a good range so she was inclined to let him stay cooking. :thumbup:

Thinking of you. How are things going??

I'm very excited to say that we made it through the first week (on day 9 now!!!) and baby made it to 29 weeks today!!!!

Thanks for sending all your thoughts, wishes and prayers. I believe that all that good energy truly helps him stay put and healthy.

I finished my course of antibiotics on Friday, so now we're just especially monitoring for signs of infection. If no infection occurs, doctor thinks we might be able to get to 34 weeks, when they would induce. That will mean a LONG hospital stay but every minute will be worth it to give baby a chance to further develop and reduce his stay in NICU. The nurses say that for each day he stays inside, on average, it reduces NICU time by 2 days.

The past 2 days I've been sent down to the labor floor for monitoring because baby had some drops in heart rate (which is to be expected as he rolls around & there is less fluid so he can compress cord temporarily). As soon as we got hooked up, he evens out. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->