4mm cervix- ptl concern///UPDATE: Beautiful boy born 29w 6d

He's a monkey isn't he Myra!! But day 9 :happydance: & 29 weeks!!! Wowweeeeee.

We don't want to see his face for a little while yet ! Keep going little man!

Sending you lots of good luck vibes hun, stay put little man for while longer x

You and little man are doing great! Thinking of you!

So happy he's doing so brilliantly, well done you! Fingers crossed you'll get to 34 weeks, I'll be sending good vibes your way :)

Thanks for the update Myra. Sounds like you are doing an excellent job keeping him safe and sound inside. Sending lots of positive vibes your way for him to stay put for longer. xx

I'm very excited to say that we made it through the first week (on day 9 now!!!) and baby made it to 29 weeks today!!!!

Thanks for sending all your thoughts, wishes and prayers. I believe that all that good energy truly helps him stay put and healthy.

I finished my course of antibiotics on Friday, so now we're just especially monitoring for signs of infection. If no infection occurs, doctor thinks we might be able to get to 34 weeks, when they would induce. That will mean a LONG hospital stay but every minute will be worth it to give baby a chance to further develop and reduce his stay in NICU. The nurses say that for each day he stays inside, on average, it reduces NICU time by 2 days.

The past 2 days I've been sent down to the labor floor for monitoring because baby had some drops in heart rate (which is to be expected as he rolls around & there is less fluid so he can compress cord temporarily). As soon as we got hooked up, he evens out. :thumbup:

So, so happy to hear that, hun!:happydance:

So glad to hear that things are going good for you and little guy! I hope he stays put til 34 weeks just as everyone wishes! Either way I know the both of you will do great!

Connor Snake C. born April 17th at 5:11pm at 29 weeks and 3 days. He weighed in at a whopping 3 lbs and 7 oz!!!! All docs and nurses were surprised at how big he was. He further impressed everyone by letting out some good cries right after he was born, meaning his lungs were doing well. Our little overachiever also hasn't had to be put on a breathing tube but has been breathing room air (sometimes with a CPAP) since he was born.

Connor had his first feedings overnight and he is tolerating them very well so far!

Yet another thing that is surprising nurses here is that I'm already producing milk. My 1st nurse told me not to wait til morning to start pumping, so 3 hours after he was born, I started. Pumping every 3 hours. I'm making just enough now to meet his feeding needs (they start low) and hoping to continue increasing my milk production. Because he was born under 30 weeks, he's eligible under our hospital's program for donor milk if he needs additional. So we signed him up for that.

We're still taking things hour by hour, day by day but are very encouraged by his first day and a half.

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 12130060.jpg
    12130060.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 47
Congrats on your little man, he is precious! I pray that he stays well and will be out of there in no time!

Congratulations on your beautiful little boy!
I hope he carries on doing so well. :thumbup:

Congrats. He is gorgeous. Hope he stays well. He seems to be a real fighter. X

Congratulations hun! He is so beautiful and I am so glad to hear he is doing so well!

Congratulations! I'm so glad he's doing so well. He's beautiful!

Congratulations! He looks great! I hope he keeps up the good work, you too with the milk production!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->