4mths sore nipples again!

tillymum

New mom
Reaction score
My LO is almost 4months and for the last couple of days my left nipple is REALLY sore and my boob is tender, it doesn't help that I think she is having a growth spurt as she seems to want constant feeding since yesterday evening.

When it comes to feeding her on the left side it is soooo painful, I can't endure it any more and will have to feed her by bottle for next feed and then express (though that hurts too!). She also pulls at the nipple on and off and really chomps down. I don't think it's mastitis as I feel ok, it could be a blocked duct though surely it would have passed by now!! I had this problem in the first six weeks but never found out the reason for it.

Any ideas how to make it better? - I need the break from feeding on that side as it just hurts too much and it doesn't help that she is feeding so much either!

Could it be related to her pulling off a lot as she's looking about etc? Ilana does this all the time lately and ooh, it hurts! Has her latch got shallower?

Lansinoh helping at all?

I'm having the same problem at 2 months - I thought it would be easier by now! I am trying a combination of:

lots of lansinoh
changing position (eg to football hold) so the pressure is on a slightly different area
using silicone shields when it's really too sore to continue
using only one boob per feed, to give the other side a break

I don't think there is any damage to the skin, so I can't see why it is so sore...

if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them too!

I think it might have been initially caused by pulling on and off and/or a bad latch, but each feed just gets sorer and sorer. I used lanisoh again last night but it didn't seem to make a difference, I'll try using it a bit more today and see if that helps. The pain feels like it is inside the nipple and is sore to touch.
I don't think it's thrush either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->