• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4th baby starting to engage at 33+5 :/

wanting2more

Reaction score
Hey ladies so basically i just wanted to know when anyone who has had a few babies when they started to engage? and did it affect their arrival time? Im curious if itll make any difference but with my delivery history i dont think ill being seeing baby until well after 40wks if not after 41wks haha

I have an irritable uterus which i have been on medication for since 27wks. I also had it during my last pregnancy and was admitted at 31wks with pre-term labour and started medication.

My 1st baby was fully engaged at 37wks but came spontaneously at 41+3.
2nd baby was posterior and didnt engage until i was in labour at 40+3 (spontateous)
3rd baby started engaging at 37wks but wasnt fully engage until i was put on an induction drip at 41+3.

i believe after first bubs they may not engage until later an rather bob in an out. Lol i thought no 2 was engaged but mw apointments mw said head was free:(thought this since 36weeks. Now 32+5 no3 an having pains in vag/pelvis like engagin for last week or too which gettin worse time goes. Scan on tues put bubs head just above pubic bone so well see. Ive never gone past due date, no1 39+5 (spontenous) no 2 39+6 (sponteneous), take care hun

My 3rd and 4th were in and out all the time x

Thanks ladies. Its just more a curiosity really. This is just the earliest any of my babies have started to engage. I guess we'll find out more at my growth scan on tuesday and see how my cervix is fairing. Dont have another MW or Ob visit for 2 weeks now. I have heard of womens whos babies have been fully engaged at early weeks and still gone over or been induced!

My first was engaged by 38 weeks but didn't arrive till 40+15!

My bubs is still free on every visit but I'm pretty sure that she pops in and out given the pains I get.

I've heard they pop in and out after the first :thumbup:

Im 40+11 and yesterday babys head was free (same as at every appointment!)

None of my girls have really engaged before labour, and I have excess fluid this time which makes it even less likely for her to engage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->