5+3 ultrasound

sarsaparilla

Reaction score
I had my first ultrasound yesterday. The doctors office wanted to go off of my LMP which would have put me at seven weeks although I know when I ovulated and I was more like 5+3 weeks. I went back and the tech said she only saw a yolk sac. I explained that I wasn't as far along as they thought I was. I then spoke to the doctor who said that she "can't say it's a viable pregnancy because there is no baby." I know that's not bad news, but she just sounded so depressing about it! What did everyone else's 5 week ultrasounds look like? I go back for another one in two weeks.

The doc also said there was something on one of my ovaries but she wasn't worried. Lovely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
Hey :)

I would not worry about it! When I had my u/s at 5+1, all they saw was a yolk & gestational sac. No fetal pole - nothin'! Some women have a fetal pole at 5.5 weeks, others don't see one until 6+ weeks. When I went back for an u/s at 6+4 we found a fetal pole & a nice heartbeat . I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you go on https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html#top you can look at first tri-nester scans.

We didnt see a fetal pole with baby until 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->