5 days of positive OPKs??? Normal???

clynn393

Reaction score
And when I say positive I mean the test line is significantly darker than the control line. Feb 16 (CD 19) through today (CD 23). And Feb 13 (CD16) through Feb 15 (CD 18) my test line was equally as dark as my control line.

CD 15 through 18 I also took a digital OPK (Clearblue Advanced) and I got a flashing smiley face. Then, CD 19 I got a solid smiley. But then an empty circle on it since.

This is my first cycle taking Clomid and hopefully also my first to ovulate. I got my blood drawn today and my OB will be able to tell me if I ovulated. I'm just so impatient and I'm also just confused at what my OPKs are telling me. If I did ovulate already, should my OPK being showing negative by now? My temps are also a little wacky. I'm sooo confused! I hope next cycle makes more since after I learn a few things from this one.

https://i65.tinypic.com/n5l8wj.png

UPDATE: 6pm - I just took another OPK and it's negative now. So weird...

hiii! I am also on my 1st clomid cycle (fx for us!). I started metformin in Dec so I'm hoping the combo really helps me ovulate. Looking at your chart, it seems pretty rocky...that's what mine usually look like when I wasn't ovulating. Do you temp at the same time every day? Also, do you track your CM? I've read that in women with longer cycles there are times when the body "gears up" to ovulate yielding in a + opk, but does not ovulate which is why temps are not sustained after the + test so it's not uncommon to get + OPK's several times a month in this scenario.

Do you temp at the same time every day?

The first 11 days of my current cycle I was on an overnight shift at work so I took my temps closer to noon. So they can probably be disregarded, but I saved them on there anyway. But after that, through all my + OPKs, it's was about the same time (anywhere between 6-8).

Also, do you track your CM?

Ish... but it's so unreliable for me... I can have EWCM different times throughout my cycle, but with most of my + OPK days I really wasn't even all that wet down there.

I've read that in women with longer cycles there are times when the body "gears up" to ovulate yielding in a + opk, but does not ovulate which is why temps are not sustained after the + test so it's not uncommon to get + OPK's several times a month in this scenario.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this is probably the case this time around. I know some women with PCOS can have high LH levels in general, but before Clomid I never even got a + OPK, so I'm sure my body is doing just as you said: trying reeeeeally hard to release an egg, getting sooo close, and then... not...

Hopefully in the next few days my OB calls me with my blood test results. If I didn't ovulate she said she would up my dosage. And in the morning I'll be checking my temp at 6am again! Hoping for the best, but I have to also be realistic. It's my first round on a low dose.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your TTC journey! Can't wait to see how the Clomid turns out for you! :flower:

With temping I think the window is 30 min for the chart to be considered reliable. This is why I didn't temp for a long time since my sleep pattern was all over the place, but I figured if I'm doing clomid then I would really make the effort. Thanks! I'll def. be around with updates. Kind of driving myself a bit crazy, so I'm limiting the time i spend on BnB because it becomes a black hole of searching LOL.

Fx for you as well, let me know when your doc calls with test results!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->