5 dpo-- let's help each other!

I always felt bad for the kids who would get combo bday/Xmas gifts. Everybody needs their own special day. You have a good strategy. We do something similar for out boys bdays in October. We generally book a night at a hotel with an indoor water park. Fun for all ages :)
But having to spend all that extra money on 2 bdays plus Christmas would kill my bank account!
I'm feeling ok. Got frisky with hubby last night and had pink spotting today and AF type cramps again. Called my OB who tried to send me to the ER which I refused. The spotting had stopped and I felt fine. So I'm going in tomorrow at 830am for my Rhogam shot and to speak with the doctor. Probably get sent for my labs as well. Wish I was farther along so I could get an ultrasound but it's way too early.
Did you decide to take December off or are you going for it?

What's a Rhogam shot? When can you normally see baby is it around 6 weeks? In the UK we don't get a scan until 12 weeks then 20 weeks, that's it unless you need monitoring for other things, I had 4 extra scans with DD as my NT came back high, then I had 2 growth scans as I was measuring larger for dates but it was just because she was long.

I imagine your cervix will be very sensitive at the minute, so dtd would effect it?!

We're going for it! :)

What time zone are you? Good look with your appointment x

I'm RH negative and hubby is RH positive. Since they don't know baby's blood type they give me a shot to stop any antibodies I make from attacking the baby (if our blood mixes) It's a big shot right in the butt!
I had a million ultrasounds with Noelle. I had gestational diabetes so I had one a month for the first few months then one a week towards the end.
I'm off to have my first lab draw and then a repeat in 48 hours to see how my levels rise.
Definitely freaked out!

First beta is 138. Doctor was happy. Repeat draw tomorrow to see if it doubles. Then the long wait til Monday for results.
I'm testing daily to see that line darken. It's making me feel slightly better.
Do you have a guess when you'll O this month?

We don't have beta checks here, but I'm glad they look good :)

Have you got many symptoms?

Fertility friend are estimating between the 10th and 14th? I am not doing OPK's this cycle as they are so hit and miss with me, so just relying on temps and lots of bd ;)

Have you got any plans this weekend?

I have zero motivation to leave the house when it's cold. I plan on staying in. And then a lovely double to work on Sunday.
Well at least your O day is coming up soon. I hear you on the OPKs as they failed me too. I think the only plus of them is we did more BDing than I would have because of the never ending flashy smileys!!
Now I'm going to bribe my boys with Wendy's to watch their sister so I can get blood drawn in peace.
Hope your weekend is more fun than mine!

Don't have much planned this weekend, me and DD are going to cinema tomorrow to watch Paddington Bear, other then that we've been quite lazy :)

It was icy this morning so we just stayed in today, can't wait for the Christmas holidays!

This is the first year I have to work on Christmas Eve. I'm ridiculously sad about the whole thing. Hubby's family are coming up for the first time in 2 years and will meet the baby. And I'll miss everything. I'm off on Christmas Day which is nice but it's not the same.
Working in health care you always work the holidays but it's still sucky.
Next weekend is cookie baking weekend which should be great with a 17 month old. Not. 😉

Where do you work? I'm sorry that you'll miss Christmas eve, what time will you get home? Will you have time to put the presents out?

Happy 5 weeks!!! Did you manage to get your blood done in peace? :haha:

I did get my blood done in leave. Thank goodness for fast food and my boys who accept bribes for babysitting.
I get my results today and I'm so nervous. It's consuming my life!
I'm a nurse and I work in a subacute facility. Obviously we never close so somebody has to work holidays. I'll get out around midnight Christmas Eve. So basically I'll run in and throw the gifts around the tree then jump into bed. I just really wanted to do Christmas Eve with the kids too. Maybe next year.
Any big plans for you?

Have you got your results yet? :)

We spend Christmas morning at home, then go to my parents for Christmas dinner until late evening, then we visits in laws boxing day morning then back to my parents for round 2 of Christmas day but with all of my family. We usually go away on the 27th to Butlins but we haven't managed to book this year.

That's a busy holiday. We go to his moms on the Eve and my parents on the day. Then we turn into slugs the rest of the week.
Got my 2nd results and levels doubled to 300. So far ok. Going to get an early ultrasound next Tuesday to make sure the baby implanted correctly. But of course I read all the posts about ladies freaking out because their scans are too early to see anything. Just another thing to worry about.

It is, but I am sure they will reassure you if you can't see much, you may even get another scan :)

My OB group is good at giving a few ultrasounds. One for the heart beat, one for the nuchal scan, and one for abnormalities around 18-20 weeks.
So your O date should be soon? Getting practice in? 😉

Yes within the next few days, although we haven't managed much as OH plays ice hockey and has been training/playing a lot, he has a game in Newcastle tonight and he won't get home until around 5am.

5am!! I am not a morning person at all. But maybe you could squeeze in a quickie?

Ha he got back at 5.45am :( I was up with DD until 4am as her cough has come back, we have been bickering this afternoon so don't think anything will be happening tonight!

How are you?

Yeah, it's hard to get frisky when you want to strangle the hubby. Been there!
I'm good. Planning on Xmas shopping tonight as we haven't started yet. Oops.
And the epic cookie baking is this weekend. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Trying to keep busy so I don't obsess about the ultrasound.

Do you have many to buy for? That's one thing I can't bake - cookies! Give me cupcakes to do any day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->