5 dpo-- let's help each other!

Aw, I'm sorry Carly. I have a few days left until I'm officially out. But I'd be happy to keep up our wait here for our December BFP. (Hugs)

Yes I'm the same, happy to stay :)

Should we change the title of the thread? People might get a bit confused if they come on a 5dpo and we're all over the place with our cycles, :haha:

We're definitely all over the place in our cycles now. That's for sure. No idea what to change the title to?

Call it something like Sticking together until we get our bfps...or something similar.

Awww I'm sorry Carly!

I think I'm out, just feel like this is going to be the same as the other cycles. Was feeling so completely frustrated earlier, was shouting at my hubby 'why can't I get pregnant?' Obviously he didn't have an answer. It's been over a year and a half now and I'm just fed up of all the disappointment. Feel like it's never going to happen.

Onto a happier subject...what's everyone doing at the weekend? We aren't sure about tomorrow, my hubby is working all day so need to think of something to do with my boy. Sunday we are putting our Christmas decorations up and also my hubby is assembling my son's mid sleeper bed, so got to move the room round. Then off to a tree lighting dedication, my dad put my mum's name down for it so said I'd go. We lost my mum 5 years ago, so one year before my son was born...year to the month in fact.

Feel the need to get more Christmas shopping done, just no idea what to buy people.

X

How do we change it lol?

:hugs: Cookie, sorry you lost your mum xx

It will happen huni, and we take things out on our OH's because they are the closet thing to us.

Ella has ballet/tap tomorrow, Jack has football on Sunday and OH has ice hockey Sunday night, but other then that no clue, we usually just relax on Saturdays and then we go to my parents for Sunday lunch, we buy it, my mum cooks it :)

I'm so sorry about your mom Cookie. It's nice that you do something in her memory. And holy cow Carly, that's a busy weekend!
We had Thanksgiving Thursday and after dinner I was feeling so sick. So I tested Fri morning and got my BFN. Made me sad and it's only our first real month TTC. So I can't imagine the frustration of multiple cycles. I'm sure I would yell at hubby too as obviously it's his fault. We ladies are perfect ;)
I'm feeling out this month but I'm still feeling positive for December. I'll put a baby on my Christmas list :)
We put up our tree today and my baby has completely undecorated the lower half. It's quite a stylish look. I'm a last minute shopper so obviously I haven't started yet. You'll see me last minute shopping on Christmas Eve.

A few times I've rushed round on Christmas eve to get presents, but need to be more organised this year as we are heading over to the in laws Christmas eve for xmas and ideally want them to take some presents with them the week before. My hubby tells me he doesn't want anything which is really helpful. I'm doing stockings for everyone, which I've almost finished so I'm organised with that side of things.

Oh it was extremely hard losing my mum, it was a month before we bought our first house, and 9 months before our wedding and just 4 months after she died I found out I was pregnant. My mum never got to be a grandmother, she lost her fight with ovarian cancer at the age of 58. Then we found out she had the mutated brca1 gene (you may have heard of it as Angelina Jolie was in the press regarding her double mastectomy as she has the gene mutation) so I had to go through testing for that which was hard. Was a tough year! I came out the other side, and my son and my niece (mum died Nov 2009, my son was born Nov 2010 and my brothers daughter Nov 2011 - I like to think it means something) have made a huge difference. Children give you hope and bring so much happiness...made a difference to my Dad, he wasn't good for a while but he's in a much better place now. My mum was his world.

Sorry waffled on a bit then.

I've got my son 2 big presents and a few small presents, so just going to buy him bits and bobs. Up side of only having one child, not so much to buy at Christmas. X

Cookie you're a tough girl. I admire your optimisim especially since you've faced such hard times.
And good on you for your Christmas shopping. I just can't be motivated to start. Hubby and I usually do it all in one day. Waiting til the last minute really motivates you.
As for baby making I think I'm 9dpo just based on monitoring cm and cervix as the OPKs were a big fail. AF I due Tuesday and today I noticed a small streak of brown cm. So maybe AF is coming early? I'm also really dizzy today but I'm trying not to symptom spot since it made me crazy last month. Who knows, I'm probably just getting sick again.

You never know love!

I tested this morning - bfn! Not surprised but still disappointed. I could be 13 dpo today or 11...so I'll know for sure soon enough.

Gave away my nursing chair today to my friend, she asked if I was sure and what if I need it?! I just don't feel like it will. I always feel down towards the end of the 2ww, once I start a new cycle I feel a bit more optimistic.

I'm doing well with my shopping, a few more pressies for my boy and hubby, something else for my dad and then I'm finished. :)

Xx

I have one frer left and I'm using tomorrow as that's all the control I have. Then it's just a waiting game for the witch. Here's hoping neither of us see her til late next year!
And cyber Monday is coming up so I'll try to start then. I LOVE online shopping. No lines, no crowds.

I do a lot of online shopping but sometimes I need to go into shops for ideas. I've just bought my husband a activity thing off of Groupon for Christmas, it's archery, crossbow shooting and axe throwing. I think he'll enjoy it.

Let's hope af doesn't arrive, on a positive note if it does arrive I can enjoy the free alcohol at the Christmas party on Thursday next week. It's at a golf club, we get a 3 course meal and free alcohol, we had it there last year...was great fun.

Xx

Sorry I've gone a bit awol, I'm sorry you had to go through that Cookie :hugs:

I really hope AF stays away for you both :dust:

We had a almost disaster with DS, he opened our Christmas present cupboard!!! Luckily I have wrapped a lot so he didn't see anything but presents so I told him there for family/birthday! Think he believed me :/
They have now been moved back to the loft!

I am putting the tree up Monday, I want to do it Sunday ready for the 1st but OH won't let me. He said it has to be the 1st :(

We also have an elf that visits through Dec, so the kids are getting really excited for his 'arrival' :)

Another spot of blood for me plus wicked cramps. Thinking AF may come early. The only plus side would be my cycle is shortening back to 28 days. 30 days feels like forever!

Oh no Carly! Kids are great at finding things they shouldn't.
I had gotten a gag gift at my bridal shower (a tiny vibrator) and it was hidden in a box under my bed. My 3 year old came out of my bedroom with it turned on and was asking what it was. I about died.

Ha ha that made me chuckle Love! You didn't have anyone round at the time did you? How embarrassing would that be, having guests round when your child wanders in with a switched on vibrator.

Do you usually spot before your af? Fingers crossed it's coming.

Oh no Carly, kids do have a homing beacon when it comes to presents. Luckily so far my boy is so unobservant and seems to not even wonder what's in the bags in my room.

Oh Carly I love the idea of the elf visiting, wish I'd pulled my finger out and got one. Did you get a little door too? Where did you get it from?

I'm doing a Christmas eve box for my boy, I got him the snow man and the snow dog on DVD and a little snow dog toy, a cup with a whirly straw, a Christmas book, a little snow globe and I want to get some Christmas pjs and maybe a little bag of popcorn. Christmas eve boxes seem to be popular.

Not alot going on with me, my temp went back up a bit today, but that's about it really. Boobs are starting to hurt abit more, but not as painful as previous months. Either 12 or 14 dpo. No more tests so will see if af arrives, will test again Thursday if it hasn't arrived. Should arrive Wednesday at the latest.

X

Fortunately nobody was around when he was playing with it. However, when we moved my mom decided to help unpack our bedroom and the first box she opened was sex toys. She then decided to stick to kitchen stuff. I'm still embarrassed years later!
As far as spotting that does happen the day AF is due but so far I've only had the 2 spots and nothing else yet. Who knows what's going on in there?
And I love the idea of the Christmas Eve box. My boys are older though so it wouldn't really work for us. All they want is video games. Would be cute for my baby though.
Fingers crossed your temps stay up! I'm taking my last FRER as soon as the baby gets up and then I'll have to wait to see if the witch is coming early or on time.

So I took my last FRER, guessing I'm 9 dpo and I'm pretty certain I got my BFP! Stark white test Friday. 2 spots of blood on Saturday plus extreme waves of dizziness. Used FMU and it came up within 2 minutes. Not even a squinter though I darkened it a bit for the photo. I can't even believe it! My hubby will have a heart attack. And so will the kids! But now I'm scared. I'm 38 and I know there are soooo many things that can go wrong at my age. The never ending fears of motherhood!!

Oops bad math, think I'm 10 dpo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4
Hello Ladies!

Just thought to update you all on my progress since my last update (below).

5&6DPO - Maintaining a steady temperature of 36.5°C (or 97.7ºF). Felt some very light "twinges" throughout the day, but barely there. Breasts started feeling sore.

7DPO - Temperature of 36.6°C (or 97.8ºF). Breasts are sore now. Went for a run and had to stop - I became really dizzy. Had a 1 hour nap after the gym. Crashed and went to bed around 8pm.

8DPO (today) - Temperature of 36.8°C (or 98.2ºF). Feeling pretty cruddy this morning, even after having 12 hour sleep! Woke-up with a headache and stuffed up nose. This is leading me to suspect I'm coming down with a cold rather then a BFP :(

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking this thread for awhile, decided I should join the conversation.

This is my 5th cycle TTC#1, and my first cycle using Clearblue advanced digital OPK.
My cycles usually last 26-27 days. Before this cycle DH and I were just "going with the flow" - letting nature run its course. DH is 15 years older then me (in his mid 40s) and DTD every other day was getting to be a bit much for him. He's actually the one who bought the CB OPK and asked we try it out. He's ready and excited to be a dad.

Seems as though I've been off on my ovulation dates. With such a short cycle, I thought I ovulated around CD12-14. This cycle I didn't receive a solid smiley face until the afternoon of CD15. DH and I DTD that night and the next night. I don't have a BBT thermometer or use Fertility Friend... I have a regular ol' thermometer and use Kindara.

This is how things have played out thus far...

CD1-7: The wretched AF

CD8: 36.02°C ...empty circle

CD9: 36.04°C ...empty circle

CD11-CD14: 36.01-36.04°C ...flashing smiley faces

CD15: 36.00°C ...flashing smiley face (6am)
On the drive home from work felt some twinges, tested with CB OPK at 7pm - SOLID smiley face.
Watery CM. DTD that evening.

CD 16 (O day?): 36.00°C - DTD with DH

CD17/1DPO: 36.04°C ... nothing exciting to report.

CD18/2DPO: 36.05°C ... light brown discharge/cm. Lower back pain discomfort.

CD19/3DPO: 36.06°C ....lingering brown discharge. Breasts are not sore. For the past 5 cycles, they've been sore 9 days before AF. Lower back pain discomfort.

CD20/4DPO: 36.05°C... TODAY! Just some acid reflux and continuation of the lower back discomfort.

AF is due next week. Not too sure if we'll have a BFP or another unsuccessful cycle....

I'd really like to be pregnant before Christmas. There is an upside to short cycles...we get to try again soon!

So I took my last FRER, guessing I'm 9 dpo and I'm pretty certain I got my BFP! Stark white test Friday. 2 spots of blood on Saturday plus extreme waves of dizziness. Used FMU and it came up within 2 minutes. Not even a squinter though I darkened it a bit for the photo. I can't even believe it! My hubby will have a heart attack. And so will the kids! But now I'm scared. I'm 38 and I know there are soooo many things that can go wrong at my age. The never ending fears of motherhood!!

Oops bad math, think I'm 10 dpo.

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Thank you Hope 😊
Fingers crossed that more BFPs are coming to this thread very soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->