5 dpo-- let's help each other!

I feel like a kid waiting for a Santa to come! 2 weeks is too long.
Anybody have symptoms we can obsess over to pass the time?

Welcome ckillgannon!

Nothing major to report other then lots of twinges, plus I've lost my thermometer :wacko: I've been a lot less stressed today too, the past few days I have been so on edge, but today I feel rather relaxed.

I wish I could temp but I'm a nurse and I work 2 double shifts a week so I would never get accurate readings.
I was nauseated earlier today but I think that was prob lack of sleep.

I don't know. I'm so anxious I think I'm inventing things.

I do have a heaviness in my belly, weird twinges on my left hand side and tingly boobs.

But when I'm not trying…I can't remember if I have these symptoms. :haha:

I hear you! I wish I would have recorded what happened with my other pregnancies so I could compare. Now I'm thinking every thing is a sign.
So far all I have is fatigue, occas cramps, a brief period of nausea, and lots of cm.

I hate that nearly all early preg signs are usually the same as period signs!

I think I'm having twinges, but more on my right side today... And I'm just sitting watching tv so maybe I'm thinking too hard and making things up!

Def overthinking things but what else can we do while we're waiting?

FIVE!?! That's so amazing!! I'll blessed if/when we get 1!!!

Am I the only one here ttc#1?!

Nope, I'm trying for my first baby as well!

I was doing so good about not obsessing over anything, then today I spent more time than I should have on forums, looking at my chart again and again, resubscribed to FertilityFriend VIP, and now I swear I'm feeling twinges.

I always feel things around my lower midsection, anyway. I'm so bad about symptom spotting. My first cycle, I swore I was pregnant! I even spotted and I have never, ever spotted in the fifteen years I've been menstruating. My body definitely faked me out, so I'm actually quite glad when I feel nothing.

And now begins my sleepless nights of laying in bed thinking, "what if it doesn't happen this month?" "It has to right?! We did everything we can!" "When would we tell our families? I can't keep this secret"
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Am I the only one here ttc#1?!

Trying for #1 over here too!

I broke down and took a test. Dumb idea. Obviously negative. Still too early, I think. Can this two weeks just be over already?!

Ttc can seriously drive you crazy! I've been doing the same, looking at charts and comparing...doesn't tell me much as they vary so much.

If I had tests I'd probably test because I have no self control lol!

I'm trying for number 2, I have had 2 pregnancies the first ended in a very early miscarriage and the second resulted in my now almost 4 year old. Didn't have to try either times despite having pcos so thought number 2 would be easy to conceive...17 months on and still nothing. Now thinking it won't happen, each passing month makes me lose that bit more hope.

Xx

Ttc can seriously drive you crazy! I've been doing the same, looking at charts and comparing...doesn't tell me much as they vary so much.

If I had tests I'd probably test because I have no self control lol!

I'm trying for number 2, I have had 2 pregnancies the first ended in a very early miscarriage and the second resulted in my now almost 4 year old. Didn't have to try either times despite having pcos so thought number 2 would be easy to conceive...17 months on and still nothing. Now thinking it won't happen, each passing month makes me lose that bit more hope.

Xx
:hugs:

7dpo here. Nothing exciting to report. Pretty sure this isn't our month. First month trying and only BD twice during my fertile week. Having a baby that never wants to sleep makes any alone time impossible.
Still planning on testing Friday anyways as I have zero self control.
Can anybody explain how to use OPK sticks. Thinking of trying that next month.

Best to just buy cheap opks off Amazon or Ebay, they work just as well as the more expensive ones. Test daily or twice a day at least a few days before your fertile time. If you only test once a day then afternoon is best, I found late afternoon/early evening was the best time. You aren't supposed to test first thing, not sure of the exact reason. I don't use them as found getting a positive was abit hit and miss and I know my body so well now that I don't need them. Once you get a positive you'll ovulate approx. 24 hours later, but can be early or up to 48 hours after. Only takes dtd once to conceive so you aren't out!!!

Im 7 dpo today too, only real so called symptoms is the boob/underarm pain, I've read a lot about the pain being a early sign, its eased off today but still there. Not much else going on.

My temp went down abit today, made me wonder if getting up in the night can make your temp gone down when you take it in the morning, but google didn't give me the answer.

xx

I have a horrendous headache today!! I was hanging some washing up and the stretching hurt my lower stomach?

Also getting up during the night to use the toilet which is very annoying lol, as last night it was 4.30am and I couldn't get back to sleep, DS was almost late for school!

I have been having pregnancy dreams too but not me other people?

I think Google hates me :haha:

Best to just buy cheap opks off Amazon or Ebay, they work just as well as the more expensive ones. Test daily or twice a day at least a few days before your fertile time. If you only test once a day then afternoon is best, I found late afternoon/early evening was the best time. You aren't supposed to test first thing, not sure of the exact reason. I don't use them as found getting a positive was abit hit and miss and I know my body so well now that I don't need them. Once you get a positive you'll ovulate approx. 24 hours later, but can be early or up to 48 hours after. Only takes dtd once to conceive so you aren't out!!!

Lutenizing hormone doesn't surge early in the morning, so an AM OPK wouldn't catch it. I recommend babi opks over wondfos; I got more notice of my surge with babis than I ever did wondfos.

It's so weird to me how everyone is different! I've been using First Response opk's for 2 months now, and I test first thing in the morning, as I've heard that's when hormones are highest since you are diluting with fluids and your body is rejuvenating over night, I've had very clear positives testing in the mornings. If I don't get a bfp this month, I will continue to use that brand!

New symptoms today: I was EXHAUSTED last night and slept 9 hours!!! Not sure if my week just caught up or what. Today I'm having left side twinges again, and no achy breasts, which is so not normal for me.... I've read (thank you google!) that if you normally have sore breasts during each cycle, when you conceive your more than likely won't have that as a symptom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->