6 weeks and 1 day scan

Rachellou

Reaction score
Hi ladies ☺️ I found out that I’m pregnant last Monday, I’ll be 5 weeks tomorrow.
I’d like to book a scan for the OHs birthday when I’ll be 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Is this too early to see a heartbeat?
I feel a little nervous and not sure whether it would be the right thing to do, I’m a very positive person but there’s also the side of me that thinks if there’s something wrong he will be reminded of that each birthday. What would you do?
Please could I see your 6 week ish scan pics and if you saw a heartbeat this early?
Thankyou ❤️ Xxx

With all 3 babies I've seen the heartbeat between 6 and 7 weeks :)

Go for it! I think it's a nice thing, you may or may not see the heartbeat but you will always get a rescan if they don't, and even then that will be after OHs birthday and he wont associate anything with his birthday :)

I had scans at 6+6 with this baby but they wasn't private, it was to rule out ectopic, so I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, but what I did see was a little flickering bean on the screen lol! <3

I had one at about 6+4 and we saw baby's heartbeat inside what just looked like a little blob at the time lol. I found it really reassuring. Mine was an internal scan. I know some people can be funny with that, but I was advised that would be best and I had no issues.

D00D11E8-F88F-4D6F-AF02-2AEBE3C81078.jpeg

With all 3 babies I've seen the heartbeat between 6 and 7 weeks :)

Go for it! I think it's a nice thing, you may or may not see the heartbeat but you will always get a rescan if they don't, and even then that will be after OHs birthday and he wont associate anything with his birthday :)

I had scans at 6+6 with this baby but they wasn't private, it was to rule out ectopic, so I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, but what I did see was a little flickering bean on the screen lol! <3

Thankyou! Yes your right, Iv booked it!!! I’ll update with a pic ❤️ Xx

I had one at about 6+4 and we saw baby's heartbeat inside what just looked like a little blob at the time lol. I found it really reassuring. Mine was an internal scan. I know some people can be funny with that, but I was advised that would be best and I had no issues.

View attachment 1063534

Thanks so much for sharing!!! :hug:
That’s so clear! I would be happy to have a virginal scan but unfortunately the private clinic Iv booked in with don’t offer those.... let’s hope I see something as clear as yours on a tummy scan ❤️ Xxx

Thanks so much for sharing!!! :hug:
That’s so clear! I would be happy to have a virginal scan but unfortunately the private clinic Iv booked in with don’t offer those.... let’s hope I see something as clear as yours on a tummy scan ❤️ Xxx
I'm sure you will. Looking forward to seeing a picture. Good luck!! Xxx

You likely will...but I also want to be the one to say if you don’t, don’t panic! ❤️

I had a scan at 7+1 and see the HB. Baby just looked like a blob but I cud see a flicker.
Good luck with what ever u decide hon. Its such a lovely idea to do it for other halfs birthday.
My scan at 7+1 was a normol tummy scan they didnt do it vaginal.
20190228_155624.jpg

Thankyou all for your replies. We are booked in for next Wednesday ❤️ I’ll try not too classic girl!
Sugarhoney, that pic is so cute. I think it will feel more real once Iv seen it on ultrasound. My partner says the same, he says it doesn’t feel real yet, so maybe a morning of opening gifts and an ultrasound will bring it home for him ☺️ Xxx

I had one at 6 weeks. It was a normal tummy scan and could see the heartbeat flicker. She did say not to worry if we couldn’t see the heartbeat.

I had one at 6 weeks. It was a normal tummy scan and could see the heartbeat flicker. She did say not to worry if we couldn’t see the heartbeat.

Thankyou. I’m excited to see! Do you have a pic you wouldn’t mind sharing? Xxx

This was mine from 6+1, couldn't see a whole lot but could see the flicker of the heart beat and that everything was as it should be :)

Screenshot_20190624_095620.jpg

Don't have anything to upload but I too am booked in for a private early scan on Fri. Should be bang on 7 weeks.

With my previous DD pregnancy I had 3 scans due to bleeding one at 6 but only yoke sac could be seen, then 8 fetal pole/ heart beat seen & another few weeks later full little gummy bear baby seen. Then routine 12 week.

I am so very nervous, not got any real pregnancy symptoms other than on off sore boobs and I am just not sleeping. How's your symptoms x

Don't have anything to upload but I too am booked in for a private early scan on Fri. Should be bang on 7 weeks.

With my previous DD pregnancy I had 3 scans due to bleeding one at 6 but only yoke sac could be seen, then 8 fetal pole/ heart beat seen & another few weeks later full little gummy bear baby seen. Then routine 12 week.

I am so very nervous, not got any real pregnancy symptoms other than on off sore boobs and I am just not sleeping. How's your symptoms x

That’s what I’m worried about, not seeing a heartbeat because it’s too early (6 week 2 days) and panicking !

Having some symptoms yes, more tired than normal and light period type cramps, plus sharp pains low down if I get up too quickly! Iv been really thirsty and had the odd nausea only lasting a coulple of seconds though!

Be sure to upload your scan pic onto this thread, I’d love to see it ❤️ Xxx

I had a dating/viability scan done almost 2wks ago. With the regular ultrasound she couldn’t see a heartbeat but when they did the internal I was dated at 6wks and the heartbeat was 117. I have another ultrasound on Mon, hoping all is progressing well. Good luck this wk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->