6 weeks since LMP, early scan...

Jana94Jubbs

Reaction score
I had an early scan today because of bad family history. U/S tech was very abrupt and only tried abdominal scan. This was the (fuzzy) result. She said what can be seen looks to be closer to me being 4 or 5 weeks. Any ideas?

Attachments

• V__3F19.jpg
    V__3F19.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 50
Sorry, I can't help with the scan. But just wanted to say I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I'll never understand why professionals working with pregnant women can't be a bit more sensitive to the anxiety that comes with it all. With an abdominal scan, I wouldn't worry though. They're not very accurate at all at this early time. Can you go for another scan somewhere else, maybe in a couple of weeks time?

I'm booked in for another scan at the same place 2 weeks from now. My mum said if I get the same tech then she'll be the one kicking up a fuss. I guess it's more disappointing than anything else at this point.

I'm booked in for another scan at the same place 2 weeks from now. My mum said if I get the same tech then she'll be the one kicking up a fuss. I guess it's more disappointing than anything else at this point.

I guess early scans can be a bit out, its hard to get accurate measurements at this early stage as everything is tiny.
Hopefully in two weeks time you will have better news.
Also how far along you are depends on when you ovulated and implanted so yeah I guess you might not be at 6 weeks yet.

Fingers crossed for you, look after yourself and try not to stress. Im sure all will be ok :)

She probably would have been able to get a better measurement with a transvaginal. Hope your scan goes better in 2 weeks though!

I had a scan at 7 weeks and even then needed a Transvaginal to actually see the embryo. So I'd definitely say that would have helped in your case. Sorry that your experience with the tec wasn't great. Hopefully in two weeks time they can put your mind at ease, everything at these early gestations are so tiny so it's easy to miscalculate (happened to me this pregnancy too!)

She should have done transvaginal. What are your normal cycle lengths?
You can def see signs of the pregnancy but making out anything is difficult.

Was this at a private scan place? Like not from Ob office?

31 days is my regular cycle length. It was just at the scan centre at my local medical centre.

I had exactly the same last week ( horrible lady in a scan place In widnes) , I'm 5 weeks pregnant and she was trying to tell me I wasn't pregnant at all , she wouldn't do transvaginal one but was pushing really hard in scan , so hard I started bleeding next day, went to a different scan place in wrrington who did transvagimal straight away, seen a sac with yolk sac and measured 5 weeks pregnant , she said its pointless doing a normal scan at this stage , to early . Im sure you will be fine , just hope to see my little babynext time im there , even tho I paid for the first scan place in Widnes I won't be returning there

I don't know how to edit my original post. So. We saw the Bean yesterday via U/S. It is measuring a week behind our original date at 6+6 days. Heartbeat of 141. Overall it was a much more pleasant experience than two weeks ago with a nice tech to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->